“In need of a refresh” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Orange County, CA
“In need of a refresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is located near the CU Boulder campus and near shopping, restaurants and the Boulder Creek Trail. The hotel appears to have been built in the 60's and looks like the place may have been renovated in the late 80's or early 90's but not touched since then. The exterior grounds are decent and have tennis courts and plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy a book or a drink. The rooms have thin walls so noise is noticeable. I had to change rooms as I had a next door neighbor that was watching TV and I could hear the laugh tracks day and night. Both rooms were sparsely furnished and both had old carpeting with stains on them. The bathroom was in grave need of a remodel and poorly configured. The bed was comfortable, but the duvet was not very clean. I stayed here on business because I could not get into the Hyatt due to this being back to school week. I would not recommend this hotel unless you have no other options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Baldwin, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium in Manhattan on several occasions in the past. The accommodations were beautiful. I was expecting a similar situation in Boulder, especially for the money involved. I knew that we were in trouble as soon as we pulled up. No one came out to the car to help us with baggage. The woman at the front desk was disinterested and seemed peeved to check us in. Otherwise, the staff was very nice.
Once in the front door, the entire hotel has a very worn appearance. It reminded me of something from the 1970's. The lobby has very little seating available. The elevators are all scratched up and dirty. The carpet in the hallway to our room was so filthy and stained that we were afraid to step on something and drag it into our room. The walls were stained in several spots as well. I couldn't believe that the ceiling was actually ceiling tiles. The room itself was very outdated, but clean. Internet access is not complimentary in the room. Other local discount chains include it without charge. The TV was a 23" Zenith tube set. I have not been in a hotel without a flat screen TV in over 10 years. The bathroom was probably state of the art back in the 70's. The tub enclosure was lined with a thin corian looking material that had the seams sealed several times with poor caulk jobs. I have to admit, I took a shower in the morning and had great water pressure and hot water. No shampoo though, because the cleaning person left two conditioners by mistake.
Millenium really needs to update this hotel. It is so far below other premium hotel chains. We stayed in a Marriott in Denver the night before and were very pleased. Don't waste your money on this place.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in the "dog wing" or that's what we called it since we brought our dog. The room was large, which is good because we are a family with two teens. The room was nice enough but carpet in the hallway was dirty. The pools, the tennis courts, the outdoor seating, the coffee bar and the creek are all lovely though and a lot of problems can be forgiven for that. I would stay here again, although I think they should quit charging extra for WiFi and should have more and better bikes.

Room Tip: Avoid the "west wing" if possible.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
rapid city
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Millennium at least two other trips to Boulder. It IS a good location in Boulder, nice pool area, indoor lap pool. The availability of "on sight" bicycle rentals was a plus (as it IS located right on the Boulder bike path) but...the bike choices were marginal old "retro" pedal breaks. Over the years of my visits, I have not met an update to: carpet, paint, wallpapering, air conditioners, windows. I am MOST grateful for the no-smoking policy but was very, very disappointed to find the reeking smell of dead cigarettes still emanating for the old, old carpet and wall/window coverings. Housekeeping IS doing a great job of clean linen. The choice of the television (another 'dated' item in the room) channels was pitiful and of poor picture quality with such an old system. Movie rentals were slim pickings and would have been poor picture quality on the room's television. As other reviews have stated...charging for WIFI??? Wow. Room rates are steep for the shape of the property. Some sort of breakfast voucher, drink voucher would have maybe placed some customers in the properties lounge and restaurant. I so wish Millennium would update, clean up, and get with it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Some people have given this hotel a bad rap. My stay was lovely. the room was clean and very comfortable. The view of the Flatirons, from my balcony was gorgeous. I was directly across from the elevators in the main building and I heard NO hall noise, nor elevator or neighbor noise.
The young lady who checked me in was not very friendly, but everyone else at the desk was accommodating and helpful.
The grounds are very pretty, with flowers and plants galore. But some of the brick walkways are really uneven, so, watch your step. Boulder Creek is literally RIGHT there and very peaceful to sit and read by.
I booked throught Hotwire and it was a good value for the money
I would definitely recommend this place.
I have discovered that, when you approach someone in a positive manner, you will receive a positive attitude in return. Just a suggestion.

Room Tip: Staying in the main building was smart for me. It is kind of old and dated, but the room was very c...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

While the building and rooms are clean, the hotel is definitely old: the carpet is very worn, the decor is out of date, the TVs are small and old, and the wall mounted air conditioners are loud! That being said, the bed is comfortable and everything was in working order -- and clean. Hotel staff was friendly enough and helpful when asked questions. Parking was plentiful and close. Location is great as it was near a theater, plenty of restaurants, local hangouts, etc.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michael P, Assistant Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
We very much appreciate your feedback. It’s true that we had a temporary problem with one of the stairs in one of the West Wing stairways. I understand how seeing this could leave a bad impression; I assure you that the problem was taken very seriously and was resolved in the most timely manner possible.
I apologize that the rest of your stay was less than perfect. It can be very frustrating when things don’t work the way you expect them to. All of the problems you encountered are things that the friendly hotel staff would have been happy to fix for you. I wish we could have made things right while you were here, and I sincerely hope that you give us the chance to make it right on your next trip to Boulder.
Midwest, Nebraska, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

First off, the staff was friendly and the room was clean. That's about the extent of my positives. The west wing is sorely in need of updating. My phone plug in kept falling out of the outlet, lamps didn't work so room was quite dark, and a $10 per day charge for really slow internet. A 'caution' tape was positioned the entire 3 day stay on the 3rd story of the outside stairs because the stairs were crumbling and looked dangerous. But I saw guests, trying to navigate the stairs... Yikes!! Elevator worked only occasionally in the west wing and the door swipes were wretched. Sometimes they opened.. sometimes you get to make the long walk to the lobby to get into the property and then navigate the hallways back to your room from the inside.

I was booked here through work, but wouldn't choose to stay here again. NO value for the price at all. My suggestion would be to find another place and if you have to stay here, insist that you aren't placed in the west building.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
I apologize that the rest of your stay was less than perfect. It can be very frustrating when things don’t work the way you expect them to. All of the problems you encountered are things that the friendly hotel staff would have been happy to fix for you. I am sorry that we were not able to make things right during your stay. I sincerely hope that you give us the chance to make it right on your next trip to Boulder.

Been to Millennium Harvest House? Share your experiences!