“Great place to stay any time...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Johnstown, Colorado
“Great place to stay any time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Spent the night there and was very surprised great place and all the wood was impressive the elevator got you to the floors quickly and the rooms are very nice no matter what you get i looked at several rooms and all were in very nice shape. the one thing I worry about sleeping in a motel Hotel is what are the beds like the beds here are some of the best slept like a baby great place and I'll be back there again I'm sure

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tina L, Regional Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Boulder Broker, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Your compliments are well received. A great night sleep in a clean hotel is our mission. Please check back with us. We are in the process of creating packages and great offers. Look for us on social media as well, Boulder has a lot to offer and we can keep you updated on great events.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love this place, it's so cool. I stayed there for New Years Eve. The rooms were clean, spacious and affordable. The front desk was informative on what was going on locally. Also everything you need is within walking distance, but if you wanted to get away you didn't have to travel far. The best part, I wanted to take that mattress home with me. If they ever get rid of that bed, I want it. I slept like a teenager, (you ever try waking one up). The other cool thing was, no noise, and hey it was New Years Eve and sold out. I will be back and I do recomend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your compliments. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I will share your words with the entire staff. We are working to restore the Broker Inn to the "happening" Boulder get away it once was. From the comments we are beginning to receive, it seems we our on our way. Please do come again as the year progresses. The new lounge will be offering specials year round and we are making property improvements each month.
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I don't want to be mean, or take business away from anyone, but this place is a total anachronism - it's from another place and another time. It's not very well kept, either.

In our room, there were spots and stains all over the walls, a variety of cob webs, popcorn ceilings, poor plumbing, and a heater/air-conditioner that didn't work. The remote for the TV didn't work very well, either. Fortunately, we only planned on staying here one night, New Year's Eve, as a way to avoid the drunks on the road. We would not have stayed any longer than that.

We went to the bar that night, and found the ubiquitous cob webs there, too. I was really wondering if anyone ever did any maintenance on the place. This whole place needs a good scrubbing, and another coat of paint. I did, however, like the sports memorabilia collection in the lobby, and in the bar. There are a lot of football helmets and jerseys leftover from when this place was in its heyday.

On the bright side, it only cost $50 for the night, $63 after taxes, and you just can't beat that anywhere. Oh, and they are right across the parking lot from Carelli's Italian Restaurant, a liquor store, and the William's Village College Dorms.

If you want a very cheap, no frills place to stay during a short visit to Boulder, this is your hotel. If you want something a little nicer, move on down the road. There are a lot of good, fairly priced hotels in Boulder, but this isn't one of them.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Just be thankful you could find a place so inexpensive.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I have noted them and passed along to the staff at hotel to address immediately. We are implementing lots of changes over the new year and I hope you give us a chance to show you the changes we have made next time you come through.
Dennis, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for two nights while we did sight-seeing in Boulder. You can't beat the price and location of this hotel but don't set your expectation to high. The rooms are dark and dated. Our room was clean enough though and I always think that's what really matters. Breakfast could have been better but it's free so I can't complain too much. One problem I did have was when we asked a girl working at the desk what there was to do/see in Boulder she replied, "Ehhh, not much...". Come on! You're in HOSPITALITY - sell the place! And there really was a lot to see and do, Boulder was great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tina L, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Boulder Broker, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I am shocked to hear the response from our desk and it has already been addressed. Yes, Boulder is an incredible location and you are absolutely correct - sell it. I can name about 20 things to do off the top of my head. We provide an economical lodging option in great location close to many outdoor activities, shopping, theatre, music and I could go on. Please come again and I can assure you we can provide you many ideas. I apologize for the lack of enthusiasm you were shown. I would like to show you the opposite. Please call anytime and ask for me directly. Thank you for your comments, it is always helpful to hear from our guests.
Tina
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

One night was enough! Wish I could say there were some redeeming qualities about our brief stay. Am having a tough time coming up with any. Suppose I could complement the front desk for being relatively friendly and courteous and being willing to refund/release us from our second night stay. I wish I could say it was clean but that wasn't the case for our room anyway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I apologize for your experience and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention. We are in the process of correcting several issues. I would like to try to make it right for you if you are willing to give us another chance please call me at the hotel directly. Thank you. Tina
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Have stayed here regularly for the past 15 years or so. Was originally the Broker Inn, and it was a nice, rustic hotel. My last stay there is my last. Just terrible. Has clearly not been maintained over the past few years. Rooms are dank and somewhat dirty. Breakfast is a joke. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Tina L, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites Boulder Broker, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I'm sorry to hear you won't be staying with us again. We have had struggles in the couple of years but are in fact on the up side of these struggles. We have initiated a plan to renew the property to what it used to be when it was the "spot" to go in Boulder. If you would be interested in giving us another chance please call me at the hotel directly and I will arrange a future stay to try restore your memories of our property. Thank you for your comments, each is being reviewed by management on a regular basis to improve for our guests.
Stillwater, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Was decent and met our needs! We will stay there again, our only complaint was no cold water! Our room was quiet and clean we never heard any noise from outside of our room, The lobby and dining room and bar area is decorated in antique look and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Room 401 was good for us!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay and compliments. We were experiencing a boiler problem that have been resolved and appreciate your patience with us. I have been explaining to guests that we are fortunate to have an incredible location with a building that has such character, we are looking forward to the next several months in which we plan to renew the property with several changes. Please do come again in your travels.

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Boulder Broker? Share your experiences!