“Nice old hotel in the heart of downtown” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2115 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Boulder
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice old hotel in the heart of downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Although this property is not elegant, it is clean and spacious ad has a certain old-world mountainy charm to it. The hallways are a bit quirky, and the elevator service doesn't easily enable those who cannot climb stairs to get around (given the odd connector between the old and new parts of the building). You may want to inquire at the desk about user-friendly rooms if you need assistance in getting around for any reason. (This was not an issue for me, but might be for others.) The staff is super friendly and helpful. Everything I needed was there for me. Maps were supplied, and the front desk folks even reheated some leftovers for me in the microwave at a non-busy time. The valet service was excellent, and the little store in the hotel had nice merchandise, too. I definitely would go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an easy access room if you have trouble getting around. Ask for a room that is not on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went to Boulder, CO for a girls weekend. We booked a 2 queen room and were treated like royalty the whole time we were there. The bellman open the doors for guests, the valet attendants were speedy. Everyone we encountered was so very nice. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Location one block from Pearl Street cannot be beat. Will go back.

Room Tip: Elevators are kind of out of the way. If you require the use of an elevator, be sure to tell the fro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I'm a native New Yorker, visiting Boulder on business and was put up at the Boulderado. Upon entering my room I KNEW that I was not alone. Whatever was in there with me wasn't trying to cause trouble it was just there...caused an occassional breeze in the room so I cranked up the thermostat to 80 the entire time I was there hoping it would just stop with the breezy stuff. Didn't do anything weird like switch on/off lights or playing with the TV but there was something in the room with me, every night. I just told it "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" and we had no problems. I definitely believe in ghosts and I believe some are more mischevious than others...this one was just hanging out. A total of 25 of us traveled to Boulder for this trip and separately at least 5 of us picked up on something not quite right.

I am a hotel snob so I don't really have an appreciation for these old hotels. I made the best of it nonetheless. The food in the restaturant is ON POINT.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scarsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My son lives in Louisville and when I visit this is my favorite. Right near Pearl St and all its restaurants. Love the Western mezzanine which overlooks the lobby. You know you are not in a modern hotel but there isenough of a Western feel without going overboard.
Staff is always more than pleasant and extremely helpful. Has privileges for gym right down the street.

Room Tip: All rooms have old noisy heat/ac
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Boulder is a university town between Denver and The Rockies. The Boulderado in downtown Boulder made my stay in this fascinating part of America truly special. The young staff are polite and always eager to assist. They are knowledgable and capable in their roles. The rooms are decorated in a period style and are welcoming like the sumptuous foyer. I felt well looked after and took advice about the best restaurants, taxis etc. Well done to everyone. It is old fashioned yet effective. Stylish yet restrained. I can't fault it. The restaurant provides wholesome food. Breakfasts are generous and fresh. Evening meals are a fusion of cultures which work together well. The food overal has a more European than American feel, if you keep away from the pancakes!

Room Tip: We stayed in the new building which cleverly blends in with the old and is a little quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Historic, charming, superb staff and immaculately clean. My room was on 5th floor and it was very quiet. It was a cozy room, but fine for my needs. Coffee maker, wi- fi and flat screen TV-all the amenities you need if you have to spend time in your room rather than the great outdoors of Boulder! This hotel is in the center of everything, close to shopping and tons of great restaurants. Can't be beat!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed here a number of times in the past when on business in Boulder. You can never get tired of this classic. A wonderful place that I intend to return to. The rooms are comfortable but still historic.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Boulderado? Share your experiences!