“Neighborhood Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant 4580 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 508 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Yarmouth
Transit: Skip stops right out front as does the 204
“Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

4580 is well run and offers the NOBO area a great reasonably price place. Martin runs a good ship and the chef varies the menu with some new offerings while maintaining some basic stables. Worth a visit

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Superior, Colorado, United States
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Each of our three visits to 4580 have been great. Always a friendly greeting when you arrive, attentive service throughout the meal, delicious food at a reasonable price. We will be back.

Visited October 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“A really nice little restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

4580 is a great little restaurnat. We go there every six weeks or so. We have always been pleased with the food and service. The menu changes periodically, so there is usually something new and different on the menu. Lot's of gluten free options too. The prices are reasonable. I like the serving sizes. You get an adequate amout of relly good food without being tempted to overstuff yourself.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Perhaps our expectations were too high. Live close by but never seemed to get here. Reviews finally got us in the door.
Got there a bit after 5PM on a Sunday evening.......Happy Hour is from 5-6PM Sat. & Sun. Sat in the bar area, but we could have gone into the DR. Found the decor lacked warmth, but enthusiastically ordered the grilled calamari barcelona ($7) to start and husband ordered a glass of merlot.($4). I thought the calamari got lost in the dish,but the potatoes,bacon and peppers were tasty. The calamari rings were just too thin and they certainly didn't taste grilled.
I really liked the butternut squash and white bean hummus.......hubby didn't.
The chorizo stuffed dates wrapped w/bacon .....5 on a plate for ($7)...I liked much. Hubby likes the dates at the the Med more.

At one point I said to hubby"I'm full.....but not satisfied" and he said"my sentiments exactly.

Perhaps on a Friday or Saturday evening, the place is more festive and bustling.
Would i make an effort to return? I think not.

Total bill, incl. tip was about $27.50

BTW......our waitress was attentive and engaging.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Super warm and friendly environment, with truly delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went here for my husband's birthday dinner with our 3 little kids in tow. The owner greeted us warmly at the door, and remembered my husband's name from his prior visits there. The service was prompt, reliable, and very, very friendly. When my son went to find the bathroom, the owner saw him wandering and directed him to the washrooms personally. It felt like we were over at a good friend's home for dinner. The food was really, really tasty, and they were quick to accommodate an upgrade to one of our kids menu orders (a chicken pesto pizza, rather than plain cheese) with no upgrade on price! The wilted greens that came with my herb chicken were to die for, and the chocolate tort is not to be missed. Also, when my kids were getting a bit impatient, the owner took me aside and showed me the toy box that they keep up front. He invited me to use it "as needed" - they like to put the control of it in the parents' hands, since they are the ones who know when (and if) their kids need that kind of intervention. This is really a great place to have a nice dinner out, even if you don't have a sitter and have to take the kids along! Also had a great view of the foothills of North Boulder.

• Visited September 2012