“Boulder Experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Romford, United Kingdom
“Boulder Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Good quality at a reasonable price. Very clean and well kept rooms. Excellent facilities and a very good buffet breakfast. Very friendly staff - and you can hire bicycles. Scenic backdrop of flatiron mountains.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

LOCATION: I was here for only one night and really wanted to check out the Pearl Street area. I wish it had been closer to that part of town, but I'm sure that would add quite a bit to the price. (As it was, $170 for a Best Western felt very pricey to me -- but Boulder isn't exactly a cheap town.) But the walk along the Boulder Creek path to downtown was pleasant and easy. I took an UberX back from downtown at night, and the ride was only $6 or $7.

SERVICE: Great! The two people at the front desk were very friendly and happy to suggest places to visit, restaurants, etc. They had maps and were clearly prepared for visitors.

ROOM: When I checked in, they said I'd received a complimentary upgrade. While I'm not exactly certain of the differences between my room and the standard room, my room was massive. I'd expect that's not standard! It also had a small kitchenette area with a mini-fridge and microwave. The furniture and finishes were really just average, but everything was clean -- the most important part in my book!

BREAKFAST: It's a glorified continental breakfast. In addition to the usual suspects (bagels, cereal, oatmeal, etc.), they also offered waffles, eggs and bacon. Nice to see some hot options, and it all looked quite appetizing.

AMENITIES: I wish I'd gotten to use their complimentary bikes! I did see the bikes parked out front, and they looked like they were in great condition. The pool also looked nice. But, again, I didn't get to try it out, as I was here on business with minimal free time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hi Vstclair,

Thank you for your extensive review of our hotel. I’m glad that your experience was positive.
I would like to call attention to two items you complimented; staff and cleanliness. These are perhaps the two items that we spend the most attention on. We strive to employ a friendly staff that will go above and beyond any chance they are given. We also strive to over-deliver on spotlessness. A hotel room can never be too clean. From the sound of your review, we are achieving both goals.

I’m sorry that you didn’t get a chance to ride one of our free bikes. They are available to all of our guests, and biking is a great way to experience the city.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Clean hotel and rooms also. No frills but everything you need. Pillows less than desired but the bed was comfortable. If you're visiting CU you can't get any closer. Just across the street. Will stay there again in the future.

Green Features: Hey you're in Boulder...of course the environment is a priority!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hi RidersUp,

Thank you for recognizing the extraordinary effort we make towards cleanliness. Our housekeeping staff is required to go through extensive training, as well as continuing education. Their work is twice reviewed by our in-house inspectors who utilize ultraviolet light wands. All of this has helped us win cleanliness awards with Best Western as well as earning 3 diamonds by AAA.

It sounds as though you will be visiting the University of Colorado again. When your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

It was very easy to ride bicycles from this location to CU and the Boulder Creek Bicycle Path. Our bicycle rides really enhanced our Boulder experience. The front desk staff was very helpful (Malcolm and others). There tips on local cuisine and places to go added to our enjoyment. The rooms were clean and a small thoughtful gift was in our room when we arrived. The beds were very comfortable and the mountain view was beautiful. The breakfast area was large and stocked well with a very wide range of food choices. The cost seemed a little pricey. However, most of the hotels were more expensive. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Sunny2121,

I am thrilled that you were able to utilize our free bikes. Whether you are visiting CU across the street, or the downtown area; bikes are a great way to explore Boulder.

Thank you for your positive words on our breakfast. We believe that if a hotel is going to offer complimentary breakfast, it should be extensive and high quality. People really like the coffee machine which offers over 60 different hot beverages and the fresh Belgian waffles.

Aurora, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Check in went fine (although several others at the conference had serious problems with their reservations and the staff and management were unhelpful and somewhat rude). The room was clean and comfortable enough, and I never heard either of my neighbors (except when their doors slammed, something over which they had no control). Breakfast was fine two of the five days but pathetic the other three days (hot hard boiled eggs in the shell, unappetizing sausage). The water pressure was great but the temperature fluctuated wildly throughout every shower I took in five days, swinging from hot to cold and back again every minute or so. I doubt that I will stay at this hotel again.

Green Features: Touted as a green hotel, that is mostly true. Yet housekeeping turned on most of the lights in the room and left them on all day.
Hi RandiGAurora,

This was your second visit with us while attending Colorado Municipal Clerks Association events. We are very grateful to CMCA for their business, and always look forward to hosting such a relaxed and enjoyable group.

When you return next summer, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Clean, reasonably priced and very accommodating and friendly service. I'd stay here again "in a minute". The front desk staff were terrific and having a little deck with 2 chairs to sit out on was a plus. Breakfast was more than adequate as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hi M0charex,

Thank you for your review. Every room at the Boulder Inn has either a private patio or balcony. We recently purchased high end patio furniture for every room, and I’m so glad that you enjoyed it.

Highland Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Staff and the new lobby make this hotel exceptional. I've rarely seen such friendliness in a hotel's staff and it makes such a world of difference. The beds are also really comfortable. Did I mention the staff?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Corey W,

Staff can make or break a hotel. You can own the fanciest hotel in the world, but without a great staff, the hotel is not worth visiting. We are extremely cognizant of this concept, and hire only the friendliest, most helpful individuals. We hire “people who care.” Thank you for recognizing these efforts.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn? Share your experiences!