“Great helpful staff at the Best Western Plus in Boulder” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersGold level
Missoula, Montana
“Great helpful staff at the Best Western Plus in Boulder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

The people at the desk have been wonderful. Malcolm D was great. He went way beyond what we expected to be helpful and fix any problems we had immediately. I really do like the friendly staff at this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the mountains is you can. Beautiful.
Green Features: Good environmental practices. Water saving practices.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Robert C,

Thank you for calling attention to particular staff members. I told Malcolm that he was mentioned on Trip Advisor, and it really made his day.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel staff are very nice, but the rooms are definitely in need of an upgrade as some of the bathrooms and facilities look a little worn down. If you have a car, it's not far from most hot spots in Boulder, but I wouldn't stay here for more than a night or two. I'd rather stay some place closer to town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi pbertucc,,

Thank you for calling attention to our fantastic staff. The bathrooms at the hotel were remodeled during Winter Break, shortly after your stay. I hope that you have a chance to come back and see what we have done.

Boulder
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Best Western is across the Highway from Univ.sity of Colorado and can walk there via an underpass Tunnel. It is a Clean Hotel off the beaten path. there is a free full breakfast in a separate building that is large and accomodating, The rooms are nice and the bed is extremely comfortable very similar to a 4 Star Hotel bed.

Hi Robert H,

Thank you for calling the hotel a “Hidden Gem”. We have earned that moniker from many of our guests, and I appreciate you sharing it with the Trip Advisor community.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast served in our brand new private dining room. Of all of the improvements we have put into the property, the breakfast is consistently singled out as a real bonus. Most hotels either don’t have a free breakfast, or they give you a bagel and orange juice, and call it “continental breakfast.” We believe that people have a better day when they start it off with a nutritious full breakfast. Our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, Moes Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles.

Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here when my husband had a workshop at CU Boulder. Check-in clerk was very hospitable. We found out from him about a free concert in the conference room given by participants in a banjo camp which we really enjoyed. Room was very nice with a comfortable bed. Very spacious. Shower gave good spray and bathroom had amenities such as toothbrush and toothpaste. We also had bathrobes and slippers which were used to walk to the spa. There was a keurig in the room for coffee which was nice for my husband, but I do not drink coffee and there was no tea or hot chocolate available. The guy at the front desk said they are looking into it. Walls, however must be very thin. We could hear every step above us at times sounding like a herd of elephants and shaking our room so we would recommend a send floor room (unless you cannot use stairs. There is no elevator). Early in the morning (around 6am) we were awaked by loud voices in the hall speaking a foreign language. It was the housekeeping staff. The breakfast room was in a separate building but has been recently renovated with very pleasant atmosphere as well as good variety of food. The breakfast attendant did his job but was not overly friendly.

Overall it was a good stay and we would return to this location. Price was high but that is normal for Boulder.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor. Too much noise from people walking above you.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hi Songbird865,

It sounds as though you were here visiting the University of Colorado. Because the university is directly across the street, we are a popular choice when visiting CU.

Thank you for your extensive review of our property. It is nice when people take the time and effort to truly document their experience for the Trip Advisor community. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of the robes, slippers, and Keurig coffee maker. I too enjoy utilizing some of the luxury items a hotel has to offer.

Douglasville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is a great hotel/motel for business travel. The breakfast is excellent, the room is nicely designed and comfortable. The staff is nice. I would not stay more than a few nights with family. The outside of the hotel is scary, It is an old hotel that has been upgraded and remodeled. The breakfast room is detached from the hotel itself in the conference room area. We had a special rate of 99$ per night which was perfect for the value we received. then it went to 150$ per night which was too much.

Hi Stephanie L,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on our new private breakfast room. The room itself was designed by a team of out of state high end interior designers. The 1200 square foot Chautauqua room boasts a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. Your kind words are encouragement that we are on the right track.

The price of lodging in Boulder can fluctuate, depending on season and citywide events. I’m sorry to hear you perceived the price to be high. I empathize with you.

Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Good value. Decent hotel near CU Campus and other Boulder attractions. I especially liked access to Boulder Athletic Club. Great breakfast and fast WiFi! Potential for a little traffic noise but other than that, great. First time I stayed here but will likely stay again when I'm in Boulder. Probably really nice in summer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Hi Michael W,

Thank you for calling attention to our very fast WiFi. Because the bulk of our clientele are involved in either tech or academia, they demand our internet to be fast and reliable. We deliver.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very convenient to the university which met our needs well. Staff very helpful, particularly Frank who took a real interest in our visit and gave us great advice with how to spend our time. Had a small maintenance issue with our room but this was addressed. Loved the breakfast, which included a good variety of choices in a comfortable room. Made use of the complimentary bikes too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn? Share your experiences!