“Perfect Every Time” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Peyton, United States
“Perfect Every Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I love this hotel and stay here every time I visit Boulder. It's affordable and in a great location - easy access to everywhere I want to go. Staff is friendly, rooms are SUPER clean and full of amenities, and the pool and hot tub are great. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hi Melissa S

Our housekeepers utilize ultraviolet sterilization wands for use on highly touched areas such as telephones, bathroom fixtures and light switches. UV black lights are then used during housekeeping inspections to make sure that every last detail is perfect. The fact that you noticed the result of our extra cleanliness effort is very rewarding.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Ari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place has a retro feel yet great amenity upgrades like make-up mirrors, nice soap dishes and any toiletry item you can think of. Staff was very friendly. Excellent coffee served with a great complementary breakfast. Nice pool area and grounds. Great location near the campus, shopping, and brewpubs.
Use "Blue Highway" 119 through Nederland!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hi BlueHighwayBoomers,

We recently finished a major remodel, and I’m glad that you enjoyed everything we have done. I’m also glad that you were able to take advantage of the local brewpubs. Boulder is home to the first microbrewery in Colorado, as well as countless other fantastic breweries.

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences.

Eagle, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our second stay there, first was before the new "facelift". So this one was better, the rooms are nicer but for a few dollars more they could have made it real nice. Considering the room rates for the area it's still a good value. The new breakfast room is very nice, great selection and well cared for. Attendants on duty making sure the selections are good and room stays clean.
The new lobby is really nice but we don't stay in the lobby and would rather they spent the money for new sinks, faucets and carpeting in the rooms. I know all the hotels do the same thing, they must make a good impression for people walking in.
I hope the management reads this, I have a couple of suggestions!
Tell your housekeeping staff that one small bar of bath soap is not enough for two people for four nights. And you should buy the Kleenix that changes colors of tissues when the box is nearing empty because they NEVER check it. Also I think that a room should be vacuumed every day, not just when the guest has checked out. And I even leave a tip every day we are there! And replace the remotes, great size TV's but the remotes are worn out! We mentioned it but nothing was done about it. A friend of ours was staying there and she had the same problem. Her's was not replaced either. But the beds are very comfortable. No issues there.
It is a good bang for the buck but will probably pay a few dollars more next time and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are probably in better condition as they don't get rented as much because the...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi Jim D,

We are excited that you stayed with us both before, and after our recent remodel. Our new lobby has a beautiful fireplace, exquisite white oak flooring, as well as two 27 inch iMacs for our customers to use. Thank you for your feedback on the rooms. We will definitely take it into account.

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a decent, clean, and friendly hotel/motel. However, Expedia advertises in the picture section that it has at least one restaurant and a very nice gym. It has neither. I am a frequent business traveler and have always relied on the pictures posted on Expedia to evaluate a hotel. I have not been mislead until this one! SO, please note that these things are not on site if they are important to you.

Again, staff was very friendly, and it was a clean hotel/motel. But, I thought people should know that if they are looking at the professional photos on Expedia's site, they are guilty of false advertising.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hi ls_losfeliz,

Thank you for your kind words noting both the cleanliness and friendliness of the hotel.

I’m sorry to hear of your frustration with Expedia. I will contact their organization in an attempt to fix their inaccuracies, but we do not have absolute control over the information that third parties presents to their clientele. For the most accurate information, I always recommend visiting a hotel’s proprietary website.

Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Upon arrival we were told we were upgraded but weren't given a reason. I didn't ask. :) The room was HUGE, with a fridge and a nice sink area in the main room. The amenities were fabulous. I was like a kid in a candy store looking at all the goodies. There is even a Keurig coffee machine! (actually, one of the reasons I picked this hotel, the other was due to location..location..location). This is very close to my daughter's home so being able to walk to her house was the draw.
The service is top notch, and the breakfast bar is fantastic; lots of cereals, breads, Seattle's Best coffee (yay!), hot foods, and at this time of year, a nice & warm fireplace.
The king sized bed was very comfy and during the nice weather the balcony was enjoyed.
Did I say the room was HUGE? :) I loved it. I had breathing room and was able to spread out and relax.

I love this Hotel and will definitely stay here again.
Oh, there is no elevator so ask for a first floor room if you can't walk up stairs.

Room Tip: Remember, there's no elevator, just stairs.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi mntravelgrl,

Thank you for sharing your fantastic experience with the Trip Advisor community.
The bed you adored is a Simmons Felicity 650 pillow top, a high-end model designated for upper echelon hotels. Also, I’m glad that you very much enjoyed the Keurig coffee makers. We have one in every room.

We listened to your feedback concerning the elevator, and will have one installed by late February. I hope that you will have a chance to utilize it on your next visit.

Boca Raton Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is located near the university and easy walking distance to shops and restaurants.
First of all I want to thank the fantastic front desk staff very helpful and can help set up dining reservations tours and crazy requests. My room was an upgrade over looking the out door pool and view of the mountain, it was an amazing sight my first morning to open the curtain and see the steam rise from the pool and the fresh snow on the mountain. They offer a free breakfast witha nice coffee bar in the morning.
The hotel is a Best Western I do not think it is fair to compare it to other properties, that being said I was very happy with my stay and would return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Bocatravel

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Living in Boulder, I am in constant awe of the stunning Flatirons. I appreciate them most when they are dusted with a light snow. Our hotel has great views of the mountains, and I’m thrilled you were able to share in the experience.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been completely amazed buy best westerns turn around. I stayed in a few on trips in texas and was not at all impressed but this has been fabulous. we called the night before thanksgiving after we found out the prior hotel we had booked was under construction and was so foul there was no way to even get close to the room. so we called a few hotels only to find 150$ price tags on the rooms. we finely called your hotel and spoke to GABE and immediately he was friendly helpful and at first gave us a price of 105 which we could not do no matter how nice it was. we told him our situation that we had to leave the hotel fast and no were else was willing to help us and he immediately said well we have a managers special and gave us an incredible rate of 88 a night and we jumped on it. when we got there we were helped buy two gentleman I cannot remember the blond mans name buy malcolm I wont forget. we immediately hit it off he helped us so much he even showed me an amazing new software which I have now purchased and am in love with. being an electronic musician its all about who and what you know. I am so thankful that your hotel was here and that you all were so helpful. I will be coming back here from now on and I will be using best western once again. the rooms were beautiful the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful the breakfast was very good and the beds were great same with the showers and I love the cool eco toilets and tv. for me I loved this hotel and I will recommend it to anyone I see. thank you so very much gabe and Malcolm and all the staff at best western boulder inn.

Room Tip: if you are in boulder and need a hotel on the fast call gabe at the best western boulder inn and ask...
Green Features: low flow toilets are a joke. your toilets work with less water because you don't have to flush several times. most eco hotels use blowers in the bathroom this wastes power. you use rags that can be washed I like it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hi Andrew T

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel.

We recently finished a million dollar remodel. It started with the hotel rooms, continued with building a new 1200 square foot private breakfast room, and just finished with an expanded modern lobby. It is so rewarding to hear that our efforts are appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words about the staff. Your compliments bring them great validation. I passed your comments on to the individuals mentioned.

Ari

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn? Share your experiences!