“The Nicest Staff Ever” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Devon, England
“The Nicest Staff Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here for a conference held at UC-Boulder. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. About a 10-minute walk to campus and a 5-minute walk to a good grocery store and affordable restaurants. Great location. Comfortable bed. Complimentary breakfast—the breakfast burrito was delish!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi EyesWideTraveler,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with others. With the University of Colorado directly across the street, the Boulder Inn is a popular choice for conference attendees. I hope that your conference was a success. I’m glad that you were able to experience some of the excellent locally owned restaurants in our neighborhood. Some of my favorites are Carelli's and Café Mexicali.

Most importantly, thank you for calling attention to our helpful and friendly staff. We are honored to have such great people working here.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Ari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
natick, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have been traveling to Boulder for 6 years, to visit our daughter, who is now a CU grad student. Best Western has proven to be our favorite. No biege breakfast here! The staff is great, the beds are fantastic, the pool is really nice, the location(s) are perfect. You cannot go wrong, unless you are an spoiled elitest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Hi Deborah H T,

Thank you for your repeat business and wonderful review. Both are very much appreciated.

You mentioned in your review, “No biege breakfast here!” We have done our best to over-deliver, and provide our guests with the best possible complimentary breakfast in a brand new private dining room. The 1200 square foot Chautauqua room boasts a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. As always, our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, Moes Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles.

When your travels bring you back to see your daughter, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

As others have noted, the Boulder Inn is a curious mix of newly-renovated and needing-some-touchup. It makes a very bad first impression, as the lobby is either under construction or very odd, and we aren't sure which. The rooms show that mix. The ventilation system appears to be the original, certainly the original controls, and a bit on the touchy side. However, the furniture and trappings are clearly newish. I base my four-star rating on the meeting of basic needs: good mattress, quiet night's sleep (never heard highway noise even though Baseline and 36 are quite close), clean room. The staff are pleasant and helpful where possible. The location isn't close to the 'action' in Boulder, and it was even a long walk to the University union where our conference was held. Nevertheless, I had a good experience overall and while I would advise tourists to stay outside of Boulder and drive in, if that is not an option as was the case with the conference, this will meet needs. Finally, I appreciate them furnishing an egg dish at breakfast for us low-carb folks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi bfly1,

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel. It was nice of you to recognize all of the work we have put into the property. From newly remodeled hotel rooms to a brand new private breakfast room, everything we do is to enhance the guest experience.

It sounds as though you were here attending a conference at the University of Colorado. Due to our location, many of our guests are attendees of conferences at NIST, NOAA, NCAR, and CU. I sincerely hope that you enjoyed your conference.

McFarland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Biking to downtown Boulder was a quick 2 mile ride, about half on the Boulder Creek trail. This hotel is older but has been remodeled and staff keep the place spotless. Bed were incredibly comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Michael K,

I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the Boulder Creek trail from our hotel. If you take the trail West, it will take you directly to the Boulder Farmer’s Market, one of the towns gems. If you take it a little bit farther, the path leads to an absolutely fantastic park called Eben G. Fine. A little farther still, and you are enveloped by the great Rocky mountains.

Also, thank you for sharing your kind words with the Trip Advisor community. I'm glad that you had such a good experience with the bedding that you mentioned it. We utilize the Simmons Felicity 650 pillowtop, bedding normally reserved for the high end luxury market. Past guests have been so happy with their sleep that they inquired about buying one of their own.

Wayne, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Most times you have to go to the front desk if you have forgotten to pack something. This Inn has anticipated your needs and stocked these items IN THE ROOM (toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouth wash, disposable razors, disposable slippers) making it unnecessary to venture out of your room. Additionally, the room was spacious and clean. GREAT value for your dollar.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi JaniceBlair,

Thank you for your kind words and fantastic review. We try so very hard to give you everything we can. It feels great to be recognized for that.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My son and I were very excited to stay here. From the pics online, everything looked brand new!
It is definitely an older hotel that has been remodeled, which is just fine- they've done a great job.
The staff was very nice- we arrived early and they did their best to make us comfortable (not easy as we had a 20-month old with us at the time of check in).
And in Boulder, it's really no trouble to find something to do!
The location is on a frontage street along Hwy 36/ 28th Street. Can be tricky getting in and out, but not what I would consider an issue.
The great thing about the location is that you can walk to CU.
Also close by is the new 29th Street Mall.

• Stayed June 2013
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hi KaiyaMarie,

In the past few years we have dedicated close to 1 million dollars into property improvements. You mentioned that we did a great job on the remodel. Your words are so encouraging, and bring such validation. It sounds as though you were visiting the University of Colorado, directly across the street. I’m glad that you found the location so convenient. CU is one of the most beautiful college campuses in the United States. Ivy covered historic buildings, beautiful ponds, and soaring views of the mountains. Even if you are not here to visit the university, it is a wonderful place to explore.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was attending a conference in Bloomfield and couldn't get into the conference hotel. This hotel was a good option at a deal price of ~120 USD. Normal rates is USD 190, which is a little high considering the quality.
Nice pool and hot tub

Room Tip: Second floor are better. Quiet.