“Be careful booking through their website” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Be careful booking through their website”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

In February I booked a week long college tour for Spring Break in April which involved three colleges in two states, three flights, two rental cars and four hotels. I booked through a variety of sites to keep the trip as affordable as possible. Our stay at the Best Western Plus Boulder Inn was to have coincided with CU Boulder's Admitted Student day on April 6. We arrived after 8 pm on the 5th, after having flown the only flight from Eugene to Denver, to discover that the hotel's website had not retained my preferred date of April 5th when I was searching for the best price way back in February, but had defaulted to the next day after my search, Feb. 12. I had not noticed this error in the date when I received my confirmation, assuming the correct date had been booked as it had on all my other arrangements, and the fact that the charge had gone through on my credit card did not alert me to the error because the flights had also been charged to my card in Feb.

Fortunately, there was one room still available that night. The night clerk was very sympathetic to my plight and gave me the rate quoted in February. As to whether I could be credited with already having paid for the room, he suggested I talk to the manager in the morning to explain what had happened. The helpful young woman at the desk in the morning called the manager, who was not on duty because it was Saturday. Unfortunately, he was unsympathetic, and I was charged twice for the room. I will not return to this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Wknmara,

I am sorry to hear of your computer challenges. It sounds as though a verbal hotel reservation may better suit your needs. Most hotels still have a friendly voice at the end of the line. The Boulder Inn is staffed 24 hours a day with an agent that will happily accept your reservation. Unlike the airline industry, hotels do not charge extra for making the reservation with a pleasant human being. If having something in writing is what you are worried about, most hotels will happily email you confirmation of your conversation with the agent. This will help avoid any future technical challenges you may face.

Ari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed a couple of nights again last weekend while visiting friends of ours. This was I think the fourth or fifth time we stayed here in the past couple of years and it has always been a pleasant experience.

We have a pact with our friends, when they visit us in New York they take us to dinner, when we visit them in Boulder we treat them.
Last fall the hotel recommended the Flagstaff restaurant, this time they sent us to Frasca in downtown. Boy, these front desk people are not only friendly, they know what they are doing! It was amazing!

Another delight is the brand new, spacious breakfast room. The complimentary breakfast is well beyond of what most hotels offer.
The entire staff seem to be very well trained, knowledgeable and always helpful which alone makes this place very pleasant.

Over all the property is very well maintained, updated and clean and with perks like the complimentary breakfast, flat screen TV, hot tub and free Wi-Fi it is a great value.

Looking forward to our next visit sometime around Labor Day!

Room Tip: Book in advance since they always seem to be busy and if they have one available, ask for a room fac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Tibor N,

It is great to have you back. On a nightly basis, 42% of our visitors are repeat guests. I think that says a lot for the hotel and staff. Thanks for the positive feedback on the new breakfast room. People have echoed your enthusiasm for the new Chautauqua room. A 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. It is such a welcome addition to our guest amenities.

Also, I am glad that our staff was able to recommend excellent restaurants. In 2010, Boulder was named the “Foodies” town in America by Bon Appetit magazine. Of our 320 restaurants, many are national award winners. I look forward to your next visit, and hope that we can continue to impress you.

If you ever need anything at all, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation or answer any questions you may have. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Thanks,

Bucks
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and there were good and not so good points. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the room was fairly large, everything was clean and in OK order. However, the building was such that you could hear people moving around, walking along the corridors, closing bedroom doors etc, bascially the noise travelled more than most hotels. The location was near to the University but not much else and breakfast was varied, overall OK about 6 out of 10. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Woggsy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for noting the cleanliness and friendly staff. It sounds as though your stay was only a few days before we opened our new breakfast room. It is incredible! The 1200 square foot Chautauqua room boasts a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. As always, our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, Moes Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles.

I hope you have a chance to come back and experience this wonderful new amenity.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel is great, staff is EXCELLENT, but it's noisy. Even folks just walking down the hall and talking softly is disturbing in the room. Doors seemingly need to be slammed to shut, as that was a constant disruption.
Great location, lots of stuff around it. Great place to stay if you aren't easily disturbed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your input, and your comment on the excellent staff. As I evaluate all the Trip Advisor reviews over the past year, the words “excellent staff” turn up time and time again. When running a hotel, management has a just responsibility to staff it with people who care. Your affirmation is encouragement that we are on the right track. I hope that if your travels bring you through Boulder again, you will choose the Boulder Inn.

Greeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a midweek conference in March. It is a little hard to get to because of the new super highway built, but it is an easy find on the east frontage road. My iPhone talking map took me right to it. When I arrived, the greeting and kindness I received made me think they thought I was someone really important! To them, I guess I was, as I was their guest. My room was upgraded to a suite, and I received a "goodie" bag in my room with some fun snacks, one of them "Boulder Chips." A nice touch. I was a meeting coordinator, so they took me to the presentation room and showed me what they had set up. I had a Kuerig coffee in my room when I was up at 5 am! At 6, they were available to put up more tables and had the coffee brewing in the meeting room. The breakfast, which was included, was very nicely done! Fresh fruits, fresh food, juices, coffee, waffles and more!

My room had a sliding glass door that did nothing to keep out the noise of other sliding glass doors and patio conversations. I have a "sleep sound" app on my phone, so I turned it up really loud and blocked out the noise. I was a little disappointed that I had to leave the hotel to find dinner that night. I would have liked a restaurant on site.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel, so I did not have any road noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. The fact that you felt important when you walked through our front doors means that we accomplished our goal. Our desire is for every single person that visits the Boulder Inn to feel important and well cared for. We constantly spend great sums of money at the property on remodeling; purchasing luxury bedding and 40 inch tv sets. Sometimes a warm smile and friendly greeting are more important than any of those material items.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Ari Rubin
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few nights and had a comfortable stay. The rooms were clean and had Kuerig coffee makers and refrigerators. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and updated. We were surprised at a nice little welcome gift bag with snacks and stuff from the boulder area. The only deficiency I found was that the d ors did little to muffle the sound from the hallways - so at times it can be loud enough to disturb.
The hotel is older but well maintained. Parking is very convenient. The free breakfast was above the standard free breakfast with a variety of continental foods and hot foods.
The hotel is about a five minute walk to CU Boulder - no need to move your car.
This a great place to stay for a campus visit or game. We will stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you found it clean and comfortable. It sounds as though you were visiting the University of Colorado across the street, and I’m pleased you found us to be a convenient location. The majority of our guests visiting CU find it easier to walk onto campus than to drive.

I hope you have a chance to come back and experience our new breakfast room. The 1200 square foot room will boast a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. We expect to have it open in the next day or two.

Ari Rubin
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and I think the bathroom was recently remodeled. Hotel was kind of noisy - nothing special going on - you can just hear the people walking around in the room above yours. It's a fine hotel for a quick weekend to visit kids at college.

Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your input. It sounds as though you were visiting your child at the University of Colorado across the street. Many of our visitors are professors and parents visiting CU, while others are doing business at NIST and NOAA. All of these guests enjoy the convenience of being able to easily walk to their destinations. I hope that if your travels bring you through Boulder again, you will choose the Boulder Inn.
Ari

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn? Share your experiences!