In February I booked a week long college tour for Spring Break in April which involved three colleges in two states, three flights, two rental cars and four hotels. I booked through a variety of sites to keep the trip as affordable as possible. Our stay at the Best Western Plus Boulder Inn was to have coincided with CU Boulder's Admitted Student day on April 6. We arrived after 8 pm on the 5th, after having flown the only flight from Eugene to Denver, to discover that the hotel's website had not retained my preferred date of April 5th when I was searching for the best price way back in February, but had defaulted to the next day after my search, Feb. 12. I had not noticed this error in the date when I received my confirmation, assuming the correct date had been booked as it had on all my other arrangements, and the fact that the charge had gone through on my credit card did not alert me to the error because the flights had also been charged to my card in Feb.
Fortunately, there was one room still available that night. The night clerk was very sympathetic to my plight and gave me the rate quoted in February. As to whether I could be credited with already having paid for the room, he suggested I talk to the manager in the morning to explain what had happened. The helpful young woman at the desk in the morning called the manager, who was not on duty because it was Saturday. Unfortunately, he was unsympathetic, and I was charged twice for the room. I will not return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prominently located directly across from the University, the Boulder Inn gives guests easy access to Boulder's principal attractions, NIST, NOAA, premier shopping, and extraordinary dining. Stylish, well-appointed rooms reflect a gracious ambiance, found throughout the hotel. During your visit to this solar powered hotel enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast, free in-room high speed internet access, 40 inch flat screen TVs, 24-hour business center, and on-site fitness center. Other guest facilities include a large outdoor pool, sauna, hot tub, free bike rental, and conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Boulder Hotel Boulder
- Best Western Boulder Hotel
- Boulder Best Western