“Friendly, Close to Campus, Exceptional Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greeley
“Friendly, Close to Campus, Exceptional Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a midweek conference in March. It is a little hard to get to because of the new super highway built, but it is an easy find on the east frontage road. My iPhone talking map took me right to it. When I arrived, the greeting and kindness I received made me think they thought I was someone really important! To them, I guess I was, as I was their guest. My room was upgraded to a suite, and I received a "goodie" bag in my room with some fun snacks, one of them "Boulder Chips." A nice touch. I was a meeting coordinator, so they took me to the presentation room and showed me what they had set up. I had a Kuerig coffee in my room when I was up at 5 am! At 6, they were available to put up more tables and had the coffee brewing in the meeting room. The breakfast, which was included, was very nicely done! Fresh fruits, fresh food, juices, coffee, waffles and more!

My room had a sliding glass door that did nothing to keep out the noise of other sliding glass doors and patio conversations. I have a "sleep sound" app on my phone, so I turned it up really loud and blocked out the noise. I was a little disappointed that I had to leave the hotel to find dinner that night. I would have liked a restaurant on site.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel, so I did not have any road noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. The fact that you felt important when you walked through our front doors means that we accomplished our goal. Our desire is for every single person that visits the Boulder Inn to feel important and well cared for. We constantly spend great sums of money at the property on remodeling; purchasing luxury bedding and 40 inch tv sets. Sometimes a warm smile and friendly greeting are more important than any of those material items.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

359 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few nights and had a comfortable stay. The rooms were clean and had Kuerig coffee makers and refrigerators. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and updated. We were surprised at a nice little welcome gift bag with snacks and stuff from the boulder area. The only deficiency I found was that the d ors did little to muffle the sound from the hallways - so at times it can be loud enough to disturb.
The hotel is older but well maintained. Parking is very convenient. The free breakfast was above the standard free breakfast with a variety of continental foods and hot foods.
The hotel is about a five minute walk to CU Boulder - no need to move your car.
This a great place to stay for a campus visit or game. We will stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you found it clean and comfortable. It sounds as though you were visiting the University of Colorado across the street, and I’m pleased you found us to be a convenient location. The majority of our guests visiting CU find it easier to walk onto campus than to drive.

I hope you have a chance to come back and experience our new breakfast room. The 1200 square foot room will boast a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. We expect to have it open in the next day or two.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and I think the bathroom was recently remodeled. Hotel was kind of noisy - nothing special going on - you can just hear the people walking around in the room above yours. It's a fine hotel for a quick weekend to visit kids at college.

Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your input. It sounds as though you were visiting your child at the University of Colorado across the street. Many of our visitors are professors and parents visiting CU, while others are doing business at NIST and NOAA. All of these guests enjoy the convenience of being able to easily walk to their destinations. I hope that if your travels bring you through Boulder again, you will choose the Boulder Inn.
Ari
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Husband and I stayed here 2/16-19. My main reason for choosing this motel is its proximity to the University. A five minute walk from motel to Coors Events Center made for a hassle-free outing to a well-attended event. I stayed in this establishment in 2003; it has been upgraded since. I didn't experience problems with faucets or curtains that wouldn't close; although, I'm sure that would be very annoying. For those unfamiliar with Boulder and this area in particular, beware it is a busy and noisy part of town. I think management does a good job with the upkeep of the property, etc. Attentive staff make this an above average Best Western. No, it won't win any decorating awards but for the price and location, I will return.

Room Tip: South side rooms are quieter. Rooms surrounding the pool area have a nice view of the flatirons.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. It sounds as though you were attending a game at CU’s Coors Event Center across the street. I’m happy that you enjoyed the ability to walk to your event. Many of our visitors are attending events at the University of Colorado, while others are visiting NIST and NOAA. All of these guests really seem to enjoy the convenience of easily walking to their destinations.

Also, thank you for calling attention to the upkeep of the hotel and the attentive staff. We make a great effort to create a superior product, and your affirmation is very encouraging.

Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Basic motel room. Clean. Difficult to operate faucets. Free full breakfast is nice. Free wi-fi. Guest laundry available. Our curtains didn’t shut properly and there was a light on 24 hours outside, which was annoying. The motel is very close to the University of Colorado, but a decent/long walk to downtown. There are restaurants close by though and you can hire bikes from the hotel reception.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were touring the Schools that my son had been accepted at and this was by far the best and most convienient of all the cities we had stayed in. We loved the free bikes and great breakfast, great and caring staff..

Room Tip: If you come from sea level be prepared to be tired after a long day at the university.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for spending the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy of our location. Because we are directly across the street from CU, we are a popular choice when visiting the University of Colorado. It sounds as though you and your son took advantage of our free bikes. What a great way to experience Boulder.

I hope you have a chance to come back and experience our new breakfast room. The 1200 square foot room will boast a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. Look for it to open sometime in the next two weeks.
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights for the film festival and it was just wonderful. Staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great...tons of options! We requested for a view of the mountains and that's what we got. Nothing beats waking up, stepping out to the balcony, and sipping your coffee (made fresh in the room with a Keurig) while admiring the Flatirons. The beds were comfy and the room looked great! Flatscreen TV, fast Wi-fi, clean bathroom, and quick response from the front desk. About 5 mins away from downtown Boulder. Will definitely stay here again next time I get the chance to go back to Boulder.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your great experience with the Trip Advisor community. It sounds as though you were in town for the Boulder International Film Festival. Boulder has so many great events throughout the year, I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of one of them. I believe that Peter Fonda was the honored guest this year.

Sipping a fresh cup of coffee, while admiring the snow covered Flatirons is one of my favorite things to do as well. I'm glad that you could do that from your room balcony. Thanks for noticing the 40 inch flat screen tvs, high end mattresses, and Keurig machines. But most of all, thanks for bringing positive attention to the staff in a public forum. They do such a great job, and it means a lot to them.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn? Share your experiences!