“Meets or exceeds expectations.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Meets or exceeds expectations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Friendly, courteous staff. Relaxing, welcoming environment. We stayed for 8 days and the included breakfast buffet saved me hundreds of dollars. Clean rooms and building. Parking was plentiful but not fun to walk through in the snow. We had a wide range of weather, from hot 80's to 30's with falling snow. Walls and ceilings pretty thin, we could hear all of our neighbors at different odd times, sometimes late. Overall I would stay here again if it was a good value. Ben from Hawaii.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Carbondale, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I used to live in Boulder, so, as life often goes, residents only see the exteriors of hotels. But, on a trip back to Boulder, my girlfriend and I selected the Boulder Inn since she had to bring her dog, and the inn allows pets - one of the few Boulder hotels that does, according to my pre-trip search.

At the Boulder Inn, we lucked out and were upgraded to two connecting rooms. My friend's was more of a suite, complete with a lovely Crate & Barrel-like recliner and an oversized bathroom. Both rooms, and the entire hotel, had recently been redecorated.

For an establishment that has been in Boulder since - what - the 70s??, I thought the proprietors had done an outstanding job - trendy furniture, carpet and curtains, lovely bath accessories and products, large new TVs, granite-top vanities, etc. I also loved the hallways that sported framed, arty quotes from Bob Marley, Andy Warhol, etc.

Plus, the free, help-yourself, hot breakfast was lovely. Our rooms on the first floor looked out on the pool, which, due to the early-spring season, was not open. Still, the oversized moss-green urns (each 6 feet tall?) that lined the privacy wall of the pool were a nice view, and the helpful lobby staffer named Ashley told me that the row of urns actually formed a cascading fountain. She bragged that hotel management let her choose the color of the wall, which was an interesting burnt mauve (my words) of some sort.

Best of all, my friend had left her cell phone when we checked out, and as we were packing our car in the parking lot, our housekeeper ran after us to return the phone before we left. The staffer's name tag indicated her name was Li Jian, so if you decide to stay, you would be lucky to be in one of the rooms she oversees.

I love pleasant travel surprises, and the Best Western Boulder Inn deserves my praise, so here it is.

Room Tip: Loved the first floor with individual patios looking out over the pool area...Surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed here two nights while on business in Boulder. Wanting to compare, I spent one night at the Best Western Buff Lodge, and must say that the Boulder Inn is far better.

The hotel is modern, the rooms are clean, large bathrooms, super comfy beds. Nothing to complain about at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful when needed. The hotel has a pool, hot tub and sauna.

The hotel prides itself on being ecologically responsible, with PV panels on the roof, and a variety of initiatives in this regard.

Breakfast is served in a rather small room, which can get quite crowded at times.

During my stay there was a lacrosse tournament going on, which led to the hotel being swarmed by rather noisy students. If this bothers you, do inquire in advance if they're hosting larger groups.

Overall, a great place to spend a few days in the Boulder area!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed at the Best Wester Boulder Inn last weekend while in town visiting some friends. Our goal was a decent hotel to crash in while experiencing all Colorado has to offer...hiking, skiing, etc. I have to say...this hotel met and exceeded our expectations.

Now...let's not be hasty....it wasn't perfect. A few gripes: the hot tub was not hot....more like a lukewarm tub...and to get to the sauna, you have to go through a one man bathroom (odd!). But everything else was great.

Just to list a few:
*The room was clean, the TV was new and the bed was cozy! You could tell it had all just been remodeled. The hotel certainly didn't feel "tired" as one previous reviewer suggested. It felt fresh.
* The front desk staff is incredibly helpful. Two guys were working there when my friend and I came over to ask just what we should do while we're in Colorado. Boom...they whipped out pamphlets and talked about places that they had been. They suggested Pike's Peak and to ski at Copper Mountain, both of which we ended up doing. They were friendly and super helpful with honest answers.
* Despite being in an awkward place, the sauna is a hidden gem. After a long hike, it was just what we needed.
*The hot tub is large!
* After the first 2 nights, the front desk called us just to see how our stay was going
*Despite being in a small room, the breakfast is nice...AND FREE! Any breakfast that has waffles is A+ in my book. Also the breakfast people were super nice. When we got there just as breakfast was ending, they let us finish eating while they cleaned up. They also gave skiing suggestions and told us about the hotels deal with another ski resort.
*The king size bed had 6 pillows. SIX! All of different sizes and comfort.
* On our last day the lobby was divided in half for construction. They said that they were working on "going green". This meant redoing the ceiling in the lobby, remodeling different areas, etc. The man at the front desk even said how their employees travel to work will even be reflective of their initiative.

Like I said....thumbs up from us! Maybe I'm just used to rude people as I live on the East Coast, but people here were super friendly. If you're looking for a decent place to stay in Boulder with great customer service....this is it!

Room Tip: If you get a poolside room, you have a nice view of the mountains!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Alumnus professor on visit to University, swank room with great view, slept like a baby, received sweet little gift basket, plenty of breakfast choices, and afterward: extra-kind mailing of glasses case accidentally left in room.

Room Tip: 238 is away from road, has great view
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed here for a two nights, and overall, I found it to be pretty pleasant.

Pros: Clean, nice view, good location, comfy beds, free internet, fairly nice staff

Cons: The breakfast area-- it was small, cramped, and some of the food was really not very edible. Also, it's a little hard to get/confusing to find when you're first arriving.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a corner/end of the hallway. They're nice, quiet, and out of the main path...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Boulder is not cheap for accommodation but this hotel provides comfort, cleanliness and a good choice for breakfast at a very competitive price. It is convenient for the university and not far from the lively centre of Boulder with its great restaurants and bars. My room had a nice view of the Rockies from the balcony. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and I did not find it at all noisy although you could hear a very slight noise of traffic from the overpass nearby but not enough to disturb your sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn? Share your experiences!