“Good Hotel, Great location and Internet” 4 of 5 stars

Golden Buff Lodge
1725 28th St, Boulder, CO 80301-1042 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Darmstadt, Germany
“Good Hotel, Great location and Internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My second visit to this hotel and there have been some major improvement to the wireless Internet. It is very fast and aslways connects. The hotel itself is in a great location and the staff are friendly and help. For the price $110+, my expectation were not met but the price is relative to other hotels in the area which are much more expensive. The hotel needs some modernisation or a reduction in the rate to further improve my satisfaction in its services.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Peter M,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. We strive to provide our guests with the most competitive rates during the busy summers in Boulder. We certainly appreciate your business and thanks again for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Best Western Golden Bluff has been our “go to” hotel for almost 2 years. The rooms are large and CLEAN; the beds are unbelievably comfortable; the staff is kind and caring; the free breakfast is amazing. I can’t express my sadness enough if this fine motel will be no more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear LoveMy2Girls,

Thank you very much for the gracious review! We are glad that we have been able to accommodate you for the last two years. While the growth and development of Boulder is certainly exciting, it also comes with some unfortunate compromises. We are currently taking reservations through mid-fall. Please let us know if you travel through Boulder before then, we would love to see you again!
Jackson, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is convenient and affordable. I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. This last week I had a room way in the back on 26th street. It was quiet and roomy. I am a little bit puzzled though. I have these small bites all down my left hip. I am not sure where they came from and I wonder if they are from the room/bed somehow. I wore jeans the entire time I was in my class (the reason for going to Boulder) so I am not sure how I would have gotten these bites if not in my room. I have maybe 20 of them. They itch

I probably won't stay at this hotel again because I go to Boulder rarely and because I hear they are removing it this fall and replacing it with two new hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear CJ A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Although we did not find any evidence of bugs in your room, we are still taking cautionary preventative cleaning measures. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff is well-trained to detect and prevent any kind of pests. In the future, please inform the front desk staff immediately if there are any suspicions as this is something we take extraordinarily seriously. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you and contact me anytime at 303-442-7450.
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have stayed at the Golden Buff for about 30 years. It's a Boulder institution that will likely come to an end this Fall when the entire complex, that houses the now-closed Eads News and Smoke shop (another Boulder institution) and the separately run Buff restaurant (favored by President Obama), is scheduled to be torn down to make way for two new hotels. In its heyday the Golden Buff was a 50s style motel with comfortable beds, equipped to provide for all the basic needs, in a top-notch location, sparkling clean, run by dedicated, friendly staff and a bargain price wise. Today it's much the same and is still favored by a diverse selection of clients, from bicycle-riding backpackers to young families, savvy businessmen and retirees. Guests get distant partial views of the Flatirons but mostly see the parking lot. Unfortunately, the signs of a facility with a short-term future are there. Still, if you want to experience what good motels used to be like, make a reservation here quickly. It may not be around for long.

Room Tip: Best - and biggest - rooms are on the top floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Taughboyne,

Thank you so much for the kind words and your continued loyalty over the years. Guests like yourself make working in the hospitality industry a genuinely enjoyable and rewarding experience. For myself, it has truly been a joy to be apart of this family-run business for many years. If you are interested in a brief history of The Golden Buff, please visit http://goldenbufflodge.com/history.html. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, and please contact me anytime at 303-442-7450.
Boulder Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great location and pearsonable service! Staff was super at all times. I will certainly stay at this Best Western again. Short drive the Rocky Mountain National Oark. The little town of Estes Park was adorable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi John D,

Thank you for the great review! I will be sure to pass it along to our staff. I’m glad you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to seeing you again!
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This lodge was very conveniently located to the Pearl St Mall and across the street from a wonderful BJ Brewery, Very easy access to UC, 70 and all major routes. We had a King room that was very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast buffet was standard but much welcomed. Would recommend staying here. Drove the next day to Red Rocks, which took < 1 hour.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear oboe 1956,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience! We certainly love our location in the heart of Boulder. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve. Hopefully we will see you again in the future!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

When we checked in at the front office, the old brown exterior looked run down and the lobby was drab as can be. We chose this Best Western because it was a reasonable price and close to CU for a one day college tour. When we were assigned room 228 on the upper level beside the road, I got real worried. What a nice surprise when I opened the door and the big, clean room awaited. Clean, renovated bathroom and really great pillows on the two queen beds. We needed dinner advice and headed back to the front desk. Very friendly and helpful staff gave us a few great restaurant suggestions and recommended the local bus. We heard a bit of traffic noise, but nothing to keep us awake. I wouldn't book a more costly hotel when staying on Boulder. BW Buff was a hands down winner.

Room Tip: Room 228 was huge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear FRISBEES,

Thank you very much for the kind and honest review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Boulder. Please let us know the next time you come visit, and we will be sure to assign you a room farther from the street.

Been to Golden Buff Lodge? Share your experiences!