“Older but outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Houston, Texas
“Older but outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

When we checked in at the front office, the old brown exterior looked run down and the lobby was drab as can be. We chose this Best Western because it was a reasonable price and close to CU for a one day college tour. When we were assigned room 228 on the upper level beside the road, I got real worried. What a nice surprise when I opened the door and the big, clean room awaited. Clean, renovated bathroom and really great pillows on the two queen beds. We needed dinner advice and headed back to the front desk. Very friendly and helpful staff gave us a few great restaurant suggestions and recommended the local bus. We heard a bit of traffic noise, but nothing to keep us awake. I wouldn't book a more costly hotel when staying on Boulder. BW Buff was a hands down winner.

Room Tip: Room 228 was huge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear FRISBEES,

Thank you very much for the kind and honest review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your time in Boulder. Please let us know the next time you come visit, and we will be sure to assign you a room farther from the street.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Genoa, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Hotel is centrally located, room was clean, comfortable and quiet. We stay at a lot of Best Westerns, and this one was just as we have come to expect from BW. Staff was friendly and helpful. They did accommodate our request for a first floor room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hi Debbie R,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback! I'm glad to see that our staff was able to provide you with the outstanding hospitality that Best Western is known for. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to our brand, and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Boulder!
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I didn't get the BIG ROOM everyone else is talking about. In fact, it was one of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed. Don't let the name LODGE fool you. This is a motel--nothing fancy, stinky and the only thing it has going for it is the location, but there is a nice Marriott across the street that I would have rather paid $100+ for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Ustravelwriter,

I am sorry to hear that your perceived view of our lodge failed to meet your expectations. I can fully understand how frustrating it is when a stay does not live up to the quality standards that we are known for. We strive to consistently provide the best customer service with clean and well-maintained rooms. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so we can provide you with a superior experience. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss your stay, please contact me at 303-442-7450.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This looks like a refurbished motor inn and is based around a great diner (where I enjoyed a good breakfast). The location is at the walkable limit from downtown, located near a mall and among larger stores.

My room was downstairs in a part of the hotel reachable from an additional entrance round the block. A large, well-furnished room with two beds, a bathroom and almost a kitchen. The room was clean, warm and quiet.

The staff seemed a little bemused having a Brit to deal with but were friendly and helpful. I stayed one night with nothing unexpected. I'd stay here again if I was visiting Boulder.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Simon P,

Thank you very much for the favorable review! One of the most exciting aspects of working at the Golden Buff is getting to meet and welcome people from all over the world. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed on two separate occasions in June 2013. The first time I was given an upstairs room with two double beds. The second time I was upgraded to a King suite. In both cases, the rooms had refrigerators and microwaves. The internet was a little tricky to figure out, as the in-room instructions indicated that a wired connection was necessary. However, a wi-fi search showed wireless service, and the key envelope gave the password. The breakfast was tasty, although the offerings never changed during my stay. Still, you can't argue with a free hot breakfast every morning! Best of all, the price at the Golden Buff was half that of other nearby hotels, with more amenities. I was within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and one of my business destinations. The Golden Buff is one of my favorite places to stay in Boulder.

Room Tip: The King suites are great if you can get a free upgrade. Otherwise, try to stay on the ground floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lewis B, General Manager at Golden Buff Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear Michael D,

All of us at the Golden Buff would like to thank you for the kind words! We hope to see you on your next visit to Boulder!
Chciago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My room at this Best Western was huge and the vanity alone was breathtaking. The place is located off a very bust highway across from a major shopping area. Also, the property here is huge with many rooms. It was very busy when I stayed and I can see why. It really was a decent deal. Bed was big and comfy; nice TV size; refrig.; microwave and coffeemaker. It was very clean. However, the only thing that seemed odd was that the wastecans out in the common area were piled high with garbage. Also there was broken glass in the lot which gave me some trepidation. However, everything was fine at night. Breakfast served in a very large conference room was excellent with a good selection of hot and cold items. It, too, was well maintained. Parking was fine although there are a lot of rooms here. Front desk was very helpful with everything and there is a printer if you need flight tickets printed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Golden Buff Lodge? Share your experiences!