“Great B&B!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
MA
“Great B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Everyone at the Briar Rose was very welcoming and friendly on our arrival. We stayed a room in the carriage house which was recently updated. The room was very spacious, clean and welcoming. The location is awesome to downtown Boulder/Pearl Street Mall ( about a 10-15 min walk through really cute neighborhoods). The breakfasts were amazing both mornings, only made with the freshest ingredients. If we are ever back in Boulder, we would definitely return to the Briar Rose B&B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This B&B is so conveniently located that you don't need a car to go shopping, enjoy movies, or explore Naropa University across the street.

The staff takes exceptionally careful and heartful attention to every detail. And the cookie jar with mouth-melting cookies and muffins -- enough to steel downstairs.

I stayed in the Huron room, which I understand was recently remodeled with the biggest and nicest jacuzzi bath one could imagine. If I were looking for a honeymoon suite, this would be top of my list! And the beds are enormous with mounds of feather beds to keep one cozy on a snowy night.

Top that with vegan fare, green business practices, and the most amazing collection of teas I've ever seen. Oh, and if you like to meditate, there's a Zen meditation room on the premises, and you can meet the local sangha.

All in all, well worth the stay!

Room Tip: The Huron room is more of a suite.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed, for the second time, at the Briar Rose for the week of February 11-18 and we agree with Deborah D(another reviewer), that the Briar Rose is really unique and that while most of the staff is young, they are extremely friendly and competent. One day one of us walked in while the flowers were being arranged and it was like watching a professional florist at work. The entire facility is graced with vases of fresh arrangements, which makes for a very cheery setting. Our room over the carriage house was immaculate and kept that way on a daily basis by the caring staff. The bed was very comfortable and quiet and even though the B&B abuts busy Arapahoe Avenue, even we, who live on a dead end country road find it is relatively quiet.

The breakfasts are great and one of the reasons we prefer to stay here rather than someplace where we would have to go out for breakfast. They are healthy meals with fruit, yogurt and granola each morning followed by a choice of the day which may be either eggs of some sort, pancakes or french toast. You also get an assortment of fruit breads or other breads, coffee or tea and juice. All very capably made to order and delicious.

Another nice feature of the Briar Rose is that any time that the staff is available, one can order a pot of tea and there are always delicious cookies to go with it.

The available WI FI works great(I have a Kindle Fire) and for those without a tablet, there are two computers and a printer available. Not all B&B's can offer you those choices.

The owners and the staff really make you feel at home and are very helpful if you have any questions about the area or its attractions, of which there are many. And, each time we have visited, we meet the nicest, most interesting people at breakfast. Finally, it is a perfect location, especially if you are carless because you can walk to just about anywhere downtown. We shall return!!

Room Tip: We first went to the Shiavano Room and liked it so much we returned to it for our second visit.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

I had always wanted to take vacation in Colorado and this year for my birthday present to myself, I did. I was excited to find a bed and breaakfast that not only worked with my dietary needs and preferences (vegan, gluten free) but also had a fireplace in the room and makes sustainable choices in the running of it just like I do at home. It is very convenient to get around and close to many things. Breakfast was delicious ( and pleasing this graduate of The Natural Gourmet Institute takes attention to presentation in addition to taste). I am looking forward to staying there in the future when my travels bring me back to Boulder.

• Stayed February 2012
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Nice owners....but for the price....Stay somewhere else! I found the rooms to be dirty and dingy. The furnishings are cheep and mismatched. The romantic room above the carriage house has a really squeaky bed. OUTDATED! And the biggest disappointment was the breakfast. It was not set up to serve yourself. The portions were ridiculously pretentious. Our "organic" breakfast was prepared by a very immature and unskilled college student. Loved the concept of eco-friendly, but so what, you recycle....I am not impressed.... Do we want to pay for that novelty? Just a big disappointment all around, especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
BRBB, Owner at Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
We are very sorry this guest was so unhappy. Nonetheless, this review
is markedly unfair. We made various attempts to please her. She was
unhappy with the original room that was recommended to her by our staff person.
This is understandable: all our rooms are different, and people have
different preferences. We moved her to a different room, but it felt
like an uphill battle to satisfy her after her initial disappointment.
It's true we do not serve breakfast family style, but she was offered
more multiple times. We are sorry if this arrangement was
uncomfortable. We go out of our way to meet our guests desires and
needs. Our staff is young, but these are remarkably warm and friendly
young people. In the end, we did our best, and we are sad that she
was unhappy.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

The Briar Rose is a unique place. It offers an atmosphere that is cozy, vibrant, and endlessly loving. I find myself surrounded by fresh flowers, sunny rooms, tasteful wall hangings, and furniture that invites me to be at home (...the home I wish I had). The location is convenient and quiet. The staff is extremely friendly, and they go out of their way to meet the customers' needs. When I was younger, my mom would take my sisters and me to a B&B whenever we traveled. The Briar Rose brings back only the fondest memories of these times spent together. Every time I stay for a weekend, I have a difficult time leaving.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Full of charm, this B&B delivers a genuine opportunity to embrace new friendships. Having spent a total of several months at the Briar over many trips in the last year, I've had the opportunity to experience a range of weathers, chefs, and rooms. Tea at any time, customized meals, and exemplary service from a devoted staff ensure that your needs will be met; if there's anything you need, just ask. The owners' consistent reinvestment in the building, and devotion to a long future are evident in the care exhibited in all activities.

My travels to Boulder are always work-related, and inherently solitary in nature; thus I always enjoy meeting fellow house-guests. I've discovered the Briar Rose to be a popular destination with the International scientific community, where conversations about Saturn's Moons, airborne particulates, electric cars, or modern european architecture occur over an aptly named "Waffle Wednesday" breakfast. -Like most things in life, your experience at the Briar Rose is what you make of it, indulge!

Room Tip: Every room is unique, check out their website to learn about each one; call when making your reserva...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!