“Early dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 508 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant is dedicated to creating a superb vegetarian dining experience in a tranquil, sophisticated environment. Leaf uses the finest organic, seasonal ingredients in providing vegetarian global cuisine and a health conscious dining option for herbivores and omnivores alike.
NC
“Early dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We sat the bar because we didn't have reservations on a Friday night and it was still fantastic! The beet steak, served with carrots, was amazing and definitely one of the more creative meals I've had in a restaurant. We splurged for the pimento cheese poppers which were also very tasty. Service was a little slow at first, but they were busy. All around a great dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Irvine, California, USA
“Excellent place for a great vegan meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

They really do a good job in trying to accomodate vegans. They identify the vegan items very clearly and the food is wonderful. The beet steak was delicious and not at all what I expected. The service was really good and the restaurant was overall a good experience for us when we took a small group out to eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sackville, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by staff at a local hotel and they were right to do so! I am vegetarian, although I don't often eat at a strictly vegetarian restaurant, however, I was so impressed with this one! The restaurant is easy to walk to from Pearl Street, and has an outside front terrace. I started with their beet salad, which was a special that day (wonderful) and then had a dish from the menu, which was fantastic. As everything was just so good, I had to try dessert too and wow, had a chocolate/peanut butter pie, which was also made with silken tofu. The texture was like cheesecake and was simply amazing. This restaurant also has very good wine selections and I is simply an amazing experience. I'm quite certain that non vegetarians will love the food, wine and experience. This is fine dining!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice lunch on the patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Three of us had a very nice lunch on the patio. My husband ordered the jerk seitan, which he really liked, it was layered and spicy. I had the flatbread pizza which had delicious toppings but we thought the crust was a bit dense in texture. Salads were great!! Grilled artichoke was fantastic and we are going to try making it at home. Next time I would ask that the artichoke dressing be served on the side since I would have preferred less, but that is a small thing. If you order iced tea, beware, it is mildly peach flavored - not for everyone.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I have had "vegan" food in Amsterdam and in gastropubs in Britain. In Europe, a vegetarian item on the menu is quite routine, and the quality similar to the rest of the menu offerings. I was intrigued by this restaurants menu on its web site and decided to try it. The ambience and service were very good.
As an appetizer, I had the potato beet gnocchi with spinach and walnuts. All individual items were good, but the overall effect was a bit too much salt, probably from the spinach. The main course was miso glazed tofu with forbidden rice and some perfectly cooked vegetables. This was excellent, on a par with the vegetarian food at " The Five Flies" restaurant in Amsterdam.

Visited July 2013