“Relax in luxury and sassy Boulder panache.” 5 of 5 stars

St Julien Hotel and Spa
900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Boulder
Brunswick, Georgia
“Relax in luxury and sassy Boulder panache.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Our room and amenities were classic comfort with our shower and bath having gorgeous slate flooring, glass enclosed shower, beautiful double sink vanity and spa amenities. Our beds were ultra comfortable, pristine white sheets & down comforters. Our room looked out over the foothills of the Rockies. While the room was a little piece of heaven, the spa was wonderful, with a large indoor swimming pool and super large double jacuzzi. I swam until closing time!
The bar has an urban hip vibe with many locals. Service was little slow as the staff was quite busy with the Christmas crowd enjoying a piano/violin trio. Upscale Rocky Mountain class is waiting your stay at the St. Julien.

• Stayed December 2010

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

Beautiful amenities and I received A wonderful massage by a good hearted therapist, but Boulder is full of excellent massage therapists with all of the schools here. The unprofessional staff at the spas front desk made the whole thing thoroughly stressful, repeatedly asking me if I was finished with my locker during my 3 hour stay at the spa and pool, as well as just being snooty in various ways. I wouldn't expect to be treated that way at a Days Inn, what to speak of at such a beautiful, high end hotel. Not the Boulder mood at all. If you are coming for the Boulder experience, this isn't it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I visited the St. Julien for a conference and stayed for 4 nights, and would definitely recommend the hotel.

Highlights:
- Lovely lobby and separate bar and restaurant - lovely to have the bar with happy hour option.
- Great service - ask for toothpaste and get a toothbrush, Scope, and toothpaste on a doily within minutes. Doormen are very friendly.
- Great rooms with a view - the in-room furniture is lovely with four-poster beds and free-standing closet/entertainment system combo. Keurig coffeemakers and large soaking tub + marble shower.
- Those chocolate covered oreos as the turndown treat
- Location - very walkable and close to lots of dining options

Lowlights:
- The power inexplicably went out for 40 minutes in prime morning time on a sunny, calm day.
- Wasn't hugely enamored with the breakfasts available for order, and the first morning they completely forgot to bring my breakfast order. The food in the restaurants is fine.

I also want to thank the staff of the St Julien - I made the mistake of leaving a small box of valuables in the unlocked safe when packing. The St Julien staff located the box and helped me arrange to have it shipped back. Can't express how meaningful that is!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

The St. Julien was truly a pleasure to visit. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was gorgeous, and the people were all wonderfully friendly and helpful. Each day they left me a free bottle of local spring water (although the tap water in Boulder is very good) and two chocolate-covered Oreo-like cookies. The location is great — very close to shopping and many excellent restaurants — and the conference facilities were fine for the smallish meetings we had the first day. The lobby is attractive and cozy, with many chairs and small tables and at one end a gas fire. The hotel has only four stories, and the stairs are attractive and easily accessible, instead of being hidden away behind concrete walls and a fire door.

I would change three things:
1. The pillows are ridiculously thick (about 8") and not very compressible. They cannot be healthy for anyone's back. After getting almost no sleep the first night, I asked them to bring me thinner pillows. They were there very quickly with down pillows that were nice and plush, but compressible as down is. (If you're allergic to feathers you might want to stay somewhere else.)
2. All the toiletries had a scent called "Canyon Mint". Some of the people at my conference liked it, but to me they made my hair and hands smell like toothpaste.
3. The in-room coffee comes with Coffee Mate. I would have expected a luxury hotel to provide ultra-pasteurized milk instead of that nasty fake stuff. The front desk did have the restaurant give me a small amount of milk when I asked about it the first night, but I decided that that was just too much trouble and I didn't ask on subsequent nights.

If I stay there again I'll take my own shampoo, so (2) is not a major issue. But I would ask for the smaller pillows in advance, so as not to risk finding that they had run out of them. That's a make-or-break thing for me.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Our stay at this hotel was absolutely wonderful. The room was charming and inviting with all the amenities one can expect ( bathrobes, bath salts, complimentary water bottles, turn down service) and a lovely bed with all white linens ( which I love since always looks crisp and clean). Spa was a small urban affair which provided a nice post -ski escape with an array of services and wonderful organic products ( gift shop looked little tired, though). On weekend evenings hotel features live music, and on the weekend we visited it was lively and packed - so fun! We did not try the restaurant but only because it seemed like there were million amazing restaurants to choose from within the walking distance ( many featuring local food, organic foods and just about any ethnic angle). Location is spectacular, allowing for a hours of walking on the river path, shopping, eating (yes!) and an easy access to the Eldora mountain. Valet parking is the best option during the week, but during the weekend a public garage right under the hotel is free so that is the least expensive option during Sat and Sun. Staff was extremely friendly - from front desk, spa , valet, concierge, housekeeping - everyone! The only thing I did not like ( but cannot be changed) is that due to the U-shaped design of the property there was no privacy in our room -at least dozen of rooms had 100% view inside it with curtains open - which was a bummer since our room had a great mountain vista. Still, can't wait to go back in the summer. Oh, and I loved the historic tid bits all over the promotional materials and wall photographs!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

About a year ago I made a massage appointment for a friend as a gift since she was facing a small surgical procedure and I thought it would make her feel good. After her hospital appointment she was in such pain that she was unable to keep the appointment. The staff at your spa was extremely rude when I called to cancel the appt and told me I would be charged full rate unless I brought proof of medical procedure to them in person before the appointment time. I couldn't believe that request but I left my friend alone and traveled several miles to bring them the paperwork work so I wouldn't be charged. Upon arrival, I was told I would have to meet with the head spa person who wasn't going to be available for a while. I waited about 45 minutes before she returned. Just unbelievable! I should never have had to do that...and am mad at myself for putting up with such unprofessional behavior from your hotel.

Stayed March 2010
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here with my fiance! We visited Boulder just for fun from Chicago, and were very impressed with the location (we had a great view of the flat irons). We walked only a block to Pearl Street so the hotel was conveniently located near shopping and great restraurants. We were so warmly welcomed by the staff and our room was impeccable. We had such a great night sleep- bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!