“A great place to relax in the foothills!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
35% savings with B&B Pkg
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Chicago, IL
“A great place to relax in the foothills!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stayed at the St. Julien last week while visiting Boulder on business. I enjoyed every minute of my stay and only wish I had more time to relax there and take advantage of the amenities. The hotel is located right in the middle of town surrounded by a number of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and stores. The rooms are beautifully furnished, the bed incredibly comfortable and the bathrooms amazingly large. The product in the bathroomsis from the St. Julien spa - it was so great I took mine home with me. Some other reviewers had mentioned that their rooms faced Walnut street and were loud at night - ,my room also faced the street and I did not have a problem with noise.
The workout room is sufficient - TVs on each treadmill, and views of the mountains. Right next to the workout room was a gorgeous pool and hot tub (also with great views) but I didn't have time to enjoy them.
While I didn't order in, my colleagues said the room service food was incredibly good. There is also a nice lounge area in the lobby with a beautiful fireplace and great ambience in the evening.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Boulder area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed at St. Julien for business. When checking in, they could not find my reservation in the system despite presenting them with the confirmation number from my travel agent. I was told this "happens from time to time". For a hotel that services business travelers, the management should really beef up their computer system to avoid such unpleasant snafu. Although, the staff have been friendly enough during the whole process. The room felt a little small but it was modern, and tastefully decorated. Very nice European style bathroom with both walk in shower and tub. Had dinners and breakfasts at the restaurant (Jill's I believe), the food was decent but not outstanding for the price. The only feasible parking option is really the 17 bucks/day valet parking, due to its downtown location. I wouldn't mind staying there for business again. if I were to travel to Boulder on my own, I would probably opt for something cheaper and no frills. After traveling for so many years and staying at everything from barrack-style hostel to ultra fancy-pants boutique hotels, I simply don't care about hotels anymore as much as the trip itself. Moderately priced, good location, clean, quiet, and free internet, that's all I ask for. And in Boulder, there are certainly plenty of value choices.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We recently spent 3 nights and our overall experience couldn’t have been more mixed. The physical state of the hotel is lovely—the location, view and décor couldn’t be better. Unfortunately, the quality of the staff couldn’t be worse. Our experience with reservations, check-in, front desk inquiries and check-out were extremely frustrating. Your staff does not come close to the level of customer service now expected from top notch hotels. 1) they don’t smile, 2) they are uneager to please, 3) they are quick to say “sorry we can’t do that”, 4) there seems to be an overwhelming sense of incompetence and confusion. We had requested additional bedding for our toddler that was not delivered, we requested adjoining rooms when we made our original reservation and it was not noted. Additionally, it was a daunting task to change the credit card on file to a new credit card for check-out. It took 20 minutes and I was asked 3 times if it was actually necessary????? Really????

Another disappointment was Jill’s restaurant. We had room service 2 times and breakfast once. Our room service was marginal at best. The sandwich was mushy, the fries were cold and the pizza crust was burnt. At breakfast I had to ask for ingredients that were listed on the menu but forgotten on the dish. We waited over 20 minutes for my son’s smoothie and had to ask for our side of potatoes 3 times. Jill’s does not come close to the quality or service at Q’s.

On a positive note, the valet/bell person team couldn’t have been better. They were efficient, professional, personable and GREAT.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Impressive, wonderful spa and lovely public rooms. Bedroom was in need of refurbishment. Very comfortable, but carpet worn near bed where feet land, and chair had clearly been sat on a lot. This is a very expensive hotel and should be better for guests. Goodies in bathroom of high standard. Wonderfully convenient in Boulder - a great city. There is much to do there, good theatre and shopping. Friendly people everywhere. But high, so

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
so. cal.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

we went up to our room which we booked 2 months in advanced to find it already occupied. after apologies, it took 20 min. to find another room. the desk clerk went up with us, opened and closed the door immediately stating only that the light was on. back down we went 20 min later a new room. for our inconvienience, free room service but just for my son- not my wife or i. no upgrade in the room. the room was at the end of the hall- the farest from a staircase or elevator. location is good, but so is the boulderado- with a nicer staff. if u don't use the spa- which i didn't i'd pass at going here. our room was on pearl st. very noisy during the weekend.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

We were 7 weeks into an 8 week round the world holiday with our 2 boys (5 & 10). We arrived at the hotel well after midnight due to flight delays (thanks American) and without out bags!. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from parking the car, checking on our lost bags, rooms ervice for a hungry 10 year old at 1 am or finding a way for my wife and I to take advantage of a range of treatments at the spa without advance bookings and juggling the kids. This is one of the best hotels tahtw e have stayed at and we have been to some 6 star hotels that didn't measure up to this

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

Lovely hotel, but pretty bad restaurant. The lobby and room was great. The bathroom was extraordinary. The pool was good enough. Staff was a bit cold and distant, but no troubles.

We made the mistake of eating at the restaurant but it was overpriced for what it was. The food was not tasty.

If money is no object this is definitely the place to stay in Boulder. Just eat elsewhere.

• Liked — Location and decadence.
  • Disliked — Food and attitude of the staff.
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!