“Great modern, upscale and spotless oasis near Pearl Street” 5 of 5 stars

St Julien Hotel and Spa
900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Boulder
St. Louis
“Great modern, upscale and spotless oasis near Pearl Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family of four stayed here for a couple nights after visiting Estes Park. The pictures of the lovely hotel on their website are accurate; it is just as lovely in person. Our room was spotless and tastefully decorated. Our 10 and 8 yo kids got great use out of the indoor pool and hottub, which were well-kept and immaculate, and stocked with fluffy white towels. We ordered some appetizers and drinks in the lobby for happy hour one evening, and it was all very tasty, and the live jazz on the adjoining outdoor patio later in the evening was great. Basically, we really enjoyed our stay here, and the three minute walk to one end of the lively Pearl Street Mall was pretty convenient. You really are in the center of things here.

The hotel seemed to be staffed with many cheery, perky college fraternity/sorority types, who made up for any lack of hotel experience with their relentless good cheer and willingness to help.

With the pool, meals and shopping at Pearl Street Mall, and also a bike ride on the nearby Boulder Creek Path, our short stay was, thanks to St. Julien, exactly what I intended it to be...a nice, relaxing end to our CO family hiking vacation.

Our only complaint was that our room on the second floor, unlike the ones on the first and third floors, had a fake balcony with a less than stellar view. The sill of the screenless window, when opened, hit the middle of my thigh. I was nervous that my rambunctious 8 year old would fall out onto the concrete some (10ft?) below and get seriously injured, so instructed everyone to keep it shut. Really quite surprising that a hotel of this caliber would keep such an obvious safety hazard around. For a toddler this room would be downright dangerous, although any parent with two brain cells would know to keep the window shut.

Overall, should we ever happen upon Boulder again, we would most definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Satelite1,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa; we are very happy to have played a part in your fun-filled family vacation. I am pleased you found our hotel to be beautiful and clean, and our staff friendly and hospitable. I do apologize if you were uncomfortable with the second floor’s Juliette balcony. We never want any of our guests to feel anything but relaxed while in our care, and I do hope you brought your concern to the attention of our staff, as we are always willing to accommodate special requests if room availability permits. We do hope you visit Boulder again; we look forward to seeing you again.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is one of the best ever. The staff was great and somehow knows every guest by their name. They were extremely helpful and made everyone feel special. The rooms were very well appointed and the hotel is just beautiful. Don't bother looking anywhere else. This place and staff are the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Kevan M,

I truly appreciate you sharing your kind thoughts about your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa stay, and I am very pleased you found the hotel and staff to be so welcoming. I do hope you return soon.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel. First class service and staff, without exception, most friendly and accommodating. Great bar. Great breakfasts and light meals in restaurant. Informal atmosphere and highly recommended for short stay visits to Boulder. Only negative was that we found the room a bit small for a long stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JeffW777,

Thank you for reviewing your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa experience, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased you found our staff and the service they provided to be exceptional, and that you enjoyed your meals at Jill’s Restaurant. I do apologize if you were at all uncomfortable in your guest room; should you visit us again on an extended vacation, we offer a selection of spacious suites which may better fit your needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While I must admit the St. Julien Spa facilities are pretty sweet, but when you are left in the waiting area for close to 15 minutes after your partner has already been admitted to partake a steam and sauna before the actual massage, you are starting with a bad taste in your mouth. After asking about my wait, the spa front desk clerk, found that he had been slightly lacking in his host duties. My other peeve occurred at the end of my massage treatment in that I felt rushed out of the room after the session. Generally the client is given a few minutes to pull themselves back together after a massage, in my case, I barely had a minute before the masseuse was at the door, telling me that I had to leave the room for the next client. Give me a break, I just paid $125 for a 50 minute session and I am pretty sure you can flip the room in 5 minutes. All of these missteps by the Spa, left me feeling a bit blah by the treatment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Michael C,

Thank you taking the time to review your recent experience at Spa at St Julien. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the wait you experienced prior to your massage may have caused. I also regret that you felt rushed upon the completion of your treatment. We understand that the time you spend at the spa is meant to be peaceful and stress-free, and I do hope you shared your discontent with a spa manager. I hope you return to Spa at St Julien, as we would love to chance to show you the service and quality for which our award-winning spa is known.

Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The location is ideal for seeing Boulder. The service was excellent whether at the concierge desk or at the restaurant or on the patio eating breakfast outside. The rooms could be a tinge bigger, but we had a balcony (which is an upgrade not all rooms have balconies), which made a difference. The bathroom is very well equipped & spacious. But what we enjoyed the most was the great jazz/funk band playing in the Lobby our first night. We danced for hours. It was alot of fun. Note: there are complimentary bikes to ride around town with, but they are not very good. You would be better off to rent off the B Bike system located throughout town. The first 1/2 hour is free.

Room Tip: If staying there again would only select a balcony room. Otherwise room size is a bit small if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ShelafromDanville,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa experience; I am so pleased you found the hotel to be ideal for your Boulder visit. I’m very happy to hear that our staff impressed you, and that your accommodations were to your liking. Our complimentary live music is offered in the lobby five nights a week during the summertime, which I’m glad you were able to enjoy. I do hope you return to St Julien on your next visit to the Boulder area.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Deluxe hotel at base of boulder canyon. Short walking distance to Pearl street with shopping and restaurants. Lovely room with huge balcony, comfortable bed and amazing shower.Room service was great. Free bicycles outside hotel are great as town is bike friendly.I will return to this hotel when next visiting Boulder.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear JaguarMichigan,

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, St Julien Hotel & Spa’s central location, and that you were able to tour Boulder on our complimentary bikes. We very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Make sure you book a mountain view room.....it's worth it! The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was large with a nice shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the concierge. We wish we'd known there were free bicycles!

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jane S,

Thank you for sharing a little about your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed the views of Boulder’s Flatirons from your room, as well as the bed and bathroom. Our staff always strives to provide anticipatory service to all guests, and I am glad they were able to assist you during your stay. I hope you’ll visit again, and that next time you’ll be able to enjoy the complimentary bicycles.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!