“Elegant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Denver, Colorado
“Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Best hotel in Boulder bar none. Denver, Colorado Native, being going to boulder and seeing shows there from The Who to Paul McCartney. Great location next to the Pearl St. Mall, close to The Hill and university.

Service is second to none, in room dining is fine, spa and sport preparation and rehabilitation services are available. The Sunday Brunch is guiltiness, but a must as it is also second to none.

This time I went for two nights, staying before and after my triathlon at the Boulder Reservoir.

I would recommend this hotel to my mother and my brothers. There is simply nowhere else to stay in Boulder. Try to get one of the balcony rooms in the summer. This way you can really enjoy the mile high air.

Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Lioness WhtG-D,

Thank you for taking the time to review St Julien Hotel & Spa; we are pleased to be your go-to Boulder hotel. I am happy we have been able to accommodate you on so many occasions, and you have enjoyed so many of our onsite amenities over the years. I am also pleased that you’ve indulged in brunch at Jill’s Restaurant - it is a weekend guest favorite and a great way to reenergize after an eventful Boulder weekend - or a triathlon! We hope to see you again soon.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I travel a lot for work, and this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. The hotel itself is beautiful, inviting, and clean. The lobby is a great place to get breakfast in the morning or a night cap after a long day. My room had a great view and all the amenities including a sewing kit. We had our meeting during a very bad snow storm out east and the hotel was very accommodating. I will def be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear phillygirl808,

Thank you for sharing thoughts from your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, the amenities (and views!) provided, and the hotel's lobby offerings. I hope you return again soon, hopefully next time for pleasure, rather than business.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in a mountain-view room and basically had to fend for ourselves. A local wedding--held right in the lobby, they don't seem to have event rooms--displaced hotel guests literally and in spirit. Service was just nonexistent. Housekeeping had to be called for everything from a shower cap to a corkscrew. The spa is attractive but they had no towels for the showers, and no attendant--not what you want to discover after a massage with oil. Dirty plates stayed in the hallway for a day, along with a half-filled glass of red wine balanced on a windowsill. The concierge advertised a dinner at a local restaurant but then couldn't get us a reservation. When we needed our car at 6 am to go to the Denver airport, their parking garage hadn't opened and we waited and waited...finally the lone person manning the front desk went and got it for us. We tipped everyone, constantly, and that helped, but it is tiring to have to put in so much effort when you thought you were checking into a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms on the third floor include a view of guests in their bathrobes on second-floor b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Joan B,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa stay. I would like to apologize for any and all challenges you faced while in our care. While events that take place in one of our private event spaces sometimes flow into the lobby, we never wish to make other guests feel inconvenienced or displaced. I also apologize for your challenges with housekeeping. There is no excuse on our end, and I will be sure to bring your concerns to the attention of our staff. I regret that you had a hard time retrieving your vehicle, although the public parking garage adjacent to our property is not owned or operated by St Julien Hotel & Spa (we do offer valet as a convenience to guests who do not wish to find parking on their own).

I’m sorry to hear your stay with us was anything less than exceptional; I hope you return to St Julien again in the future, and allow us to display the standard of service for which we are known.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Top shelf all the way. Nice outdoor facility. They are near the mountains and most rooms have a great view.
Very close to thePearl Street mall and lots of great restaurants.
I have stayed there around 6 or 7 times and it is one of nicest places that I have stayed.
Some of the staff ever recognized me from previous stays.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Reverenkeith,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to St Julien Hotel & Spa; I sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am pleased that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location and mountain views on so many occasions. I do hope you plan another visit soon, as your repeat patronage is the best compliment we can hope to receive.

Covington, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great stay in the heart of Boulder. The staff, food,service were all top notch. Very comfortable atmosphere. The spa is also a must do. Very clean and comfortable. This is a must stay hotel while visiting Colorado.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Tim F,

Thank you for contributing such a kind review of St Julien Hotel & Spa; we appreciate all feedback from our patrons. I am pleased you were satisfied with your recent stay, and that you found the time to dine with us and utilize Spa at St Julien. We hope you return soon.

Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was my first trip to Colorado so I was not sure what to expect. The St. Julien is a bit pricey, but you get excellent service. I was shocked by their turndown service which included chocolate on your pillow. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable. I gave it 5 stars for teh bed alone!! It made hte price totally worth it. The mountain view is disturbed by having to look over a busy street, but it was still a nice view. They only have one elevator which was a little annoying because it was a long walk from the elevator to our room, but it was tolerable. Plenty of great restaurants to eat within walking distance which was a plus. Great happy hours and the staff is very attentive.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are very far from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear 9NilNids,

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa on your first visit to Colorado, and for proving feedback from your experience. I am pleased you enjoyed the service you encountered, your Flatiron views and that you especially liked the custom-made beds. I hope you’ll return to Colorado to stay with us again very soon.

Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just the best. The staff was attentive, the location excellent, the facilities ideal and the water pressure in the elegant shower terrific. Lots of entertainment in the evening.

This place may be a bit pricey, but it is one of those once in a lifetime spots where you may not want to leave the room.

Th concierge also has some great suggestions for off-site dining and the range is great...catering to any taste.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Michael R,

I appreciate you sharing your recent experience at St Julien Hotel & Spa. We always strive to provide an exceptional guests experience, and it appears we were successful during your stay. I am pleased you were able to enjoy so much of what St Julien and Boulder have to offer, and I do hope you return again soon.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!