“A wonderful spa weekend with my daughters” 5 of 5 stars

St Julien Hotel and Spa
900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Boulder
guanacaste
“A wonderful spa weekend with my daughters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The St Julien Hotel and Spa really knows how to make people comfortable. Every time we walked in the door was opened for us and we were greeted and offered water. The room was average size with two Queen size beds and we had one roll away (not really comfortable but we ended up not using it anyway) The beds were comfortable and the beds cozy. The bathroom was well stocked and roomy and the shower was incredible. Loved that the toilet was a closed off section of the bathroom too.
The mini bar was the best stocked thing I had seen since my stay at the Royal York Hotel in Toronto. Terrific items.
Every day the hotel housekeeping staff cleaned up our room and left us delectable treats at turndown! what a nice job they did too.
The spa was incredible. Very organized and we all enjoyed our massages. I do have to say tho for the amount of pregnant ladies there that morning for massages it is a shame they don't have maternity massage beds so the ladies can lay on their tummies. Always a nice treat. No worries though it was a good massage.
I had a reflexology appt back to back with my massage (no pun intended) and it was really excellent.
The sauna and steam room I could have stayed in all day. Loved it so much asked my husband to build me a steam room at our Bed and Breakfast.
The weekend was topped off by drinks by the fire at night with live music…so relaxing and such a fabulous location. A great weekend. Thank you so much.

Room Tip: make sure you get a Flatirons view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear lamisolegran,

Thank you for taking the time to review your weekend stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased your experience was comfortable, and that you and your daughters enjoyed the service you received and your accommodations – including the spacious bathroom, minibar and turndown service. I'm also happy you enjoyed your time at Spa at St Julien; I will be sure to share your suggestion to incorporate maternity massage beds into treatment rooms with the spa team. I hope you'll return soon, as a repeat guest is the best compliment we can hope to receive.

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The staff was wonderful, from the front check in to the bell staff were very friendly and helpful. The maids come twice a day and they too are very efficient and friendly. We used the spa, you need to request Erik he has magic hands for a massage! He really knows his stuff. The spa was nice, thus the reason for only a 4 star, could of used toothbrushes and hairbrushes. The restaurant Jill's was not so much fun, my daughter made us reservations, they asked if we were celebrating anything and she said her mothers birthday. Why did they ask and never acknowledge my birthday? The food was ok, not worthy of the price. We ordered tableside dishes, Caesar salad steak diane, etc the presentation was LACKING terrible server was rushed and treated poorly. Would not go back to the restaurant. The hotel itself is very pretty and all other staff were wonderful. Room service was awesome!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Lynma1959,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that you found our team to be friendly, room service to be agreeable and your treatment at Spa at St Julien to be pleasant. I will pass along your compliments to Erik. I'm sorry you encountered challenges during your meal at Jill's, and will share your feedback with the team there directly as well. I hope that you and your family will return to Jill’s Restaurant and St Julien Hotel & Spa, and allow us to better demonstrate you the high standard of service for which we are known.

LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed here in September 2013 with a group of 5 girlfriends. We stayed in a standard room with two queen beds. I was impressed by the large size of the room and the elegant bathroom. Since there were five of us we needed to have a rollaway bed, however, we were informed they were not permitted because they presented a fire hazard. The compromise was the bellman brought in an air mattress with additional bedding. The room was so large that even with the air mattress, there was plenty of room for all of our luggage and still space for us to walk around. The bathroom was a nice size and featured upscale toiletries. The location of the St. Julien is ideal is you want to stroll around the main promenade in Boulder. Our room was right above the front driveway but it was not loud in the room. The back of the hotel faces the mountains and it's very beautiful and picturesque.
We received a corporate rate at the property so the value was likely better for us than the standard guest. Overall I very much enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LuvSLO,

I appreciate your thoughtful review. I am pleased that your party enjoyed your accommodations, and that we were able to create an efficient and safe solution to your need for additional sleeping space. I'm also happy you enjoyed the hotel's prime location in downtown Boulder, as well as its Flatiron views. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the second time on New Year's Eve this year, to coincide with a family visit. The hotel is beautiful with lovely views of the flatirons. It is above our usual budget. Boulder is a wonderful place to spend New Year's eve and the St Julien has wonderful walkability to the Pearl Street Mall and great restaurants. The pool/spa area was quite crowded, ran out of towels and the water on the tiles around the pool made walking quite treacherous. The hotel is risking a lawsuit there. The spa ran out of towels also. The wait staff and rooms are beautiful.
However when we checked in the computer swipe didn't work and had to be redone three times!!
Everything should be perfect at the rates charged.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LauraCelise_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review your New Year’s Eve stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. We very much appreciate your repeat business, and are pleased you enjoyed the hotel's views, accommodations and service. I apologize for the shortage of towels, and will share your comments regarding the poolside puddles with our team and will come more often to check on the pool’s condition. We hope you'll return as our guest again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed for 1 night - New Year's Eve and it was the perfect spot to be. It's right in the center of shopping and restaurants - we were able to walk to the Kitchen for dinner and then walked over to the Contemporary Museum of Art for our celebration. Great way to spend the New Year's with no driving or taxis needed! The Spa was clean, typical of a nice spa. We did have the buffet breakfast and they had a good selection of food. My only issue was that the omelet station took a very long time to move thru people, so my friends and I felt you were waiting for what seemed a longer time than normal.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
kclovestravel,

Thank you for making St Julien Hotel & Spa your New Year’s Eve destination. I am pleased that you and your party found our central location, Spa at St Julien and New Year’s Day brunch to be agreeable. I suspect that the omelet station was a bit slower than usual due to the high volume of patrons we host during the holiday season, but I apologize for the wait you encountered. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night this weekend and loved every aspect of the hotel. The service was superb and our room was very comfortable. They had live music in the lobby on Saturday night and everyone sat around the large fireplace and talked. The pool and the jacuzzi were just the right temperature. All in all one of the great hotels of the world....

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ColoradoPJ,

Thank you for writing such a kind and thoughtful review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I'm pleased you enjoyed the regular live entertainment offered in our lobby, and that you found time to enjoy our indoor pool and jacuzzi during your short stay. I hope you'll visit again soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent a fantastic long weekend here with my best friend and it was perfect! Front desk staff were happy and helpful - pointed us to the best little coffee place (ozo!!) and great eats! The valet guys were super fun and polite. We felt like they took the extra time to talk to us and help with where to go, etc - they treated us like friends! It was busy at times but that is to be expected 12 days out from Christmas!! We are already planning our visit for next December - can't wait to see you all again!!! The spa treatments were also amazing and ZERO PRESSURE TO BUY PRODUCT!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
JSBinNC,

Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing this informative review. I am pleased that our team was able to provide a little something extra, in the form of dining advice, directions and more, to make your stay exceptional. We look forward to your next stay.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!