“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm just wrapping up a three night stay at St. Julien for a work conference. The hotel is very nicely appointed and in an excellent location - lots of stuff within walking distance. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the service is outstanding. The staff is really friendly and helpful. I've had breakfast at Jill's every morning. They have a variety of options; even for vegetarians. The service there was consistently good. They also offer bikes for a morning ride through the bike paths. I didn't do this personally, but heard it was nice. Something I'll definitely check out next time I stay here. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for work or vacation.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Hi KBenefield,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent work conference. I’m pleased that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff as well as our accommodations, on-site dining options, and our complimentary cruiser bikes that allow guests to explore Boulder the way most locals do. We hope to have you stay with us again.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved this hotel! I wish they would have had this hotel for my parents to stay in when I went to CU. My family and I had connecting rooms and the beds were great! Stand up shower was incredible. Valet service great! My only reason to not give it a 5 star was twice our service in the bar was below par. I would for sure come back and take the bar with a grain of salt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi betzanddave,

Thank you for your kind review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed our accommodations and friendly valet service – we always love to host CU alumni! I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Boulder.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just finish my second stay at the St. Julien hotel - the first was a few years ago. Both trips were business. It was even more lovely than I remembered. The staff were all wonderful - from the bell man to the receptionist, to the room cleaners, and all the wait staff. Everyone was awesome!

I stayed there as part of a small conference with 30 colleagues - and we all had a wonderful time. We shared a few meals (2 breakfasts and two dinners) and all the food was great.

Sadly I had no time at all to enjoy the spa but a few of my colleagues did and raved about it as well.

Boulder is a great small city with so much to offer but I hardly wanted to explore it as I was enjoying my stay at the hotel so much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi apritchard,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m very happy to hear you had a wonderful experience, and enjoyed our hospitality as well as our accommodations. If you do get a chance to visit Boulder for leisure, I hope to have you as our guest again.

Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Julien for a family wedding and had a great time. The best parts about this hotel are the location (very near the flat iron mountains) and the service. Every single staff person was nice, helpful and engaging. The only reason this is not a 5 star is that we had an issue with out A/C unit that took longer than it should have to fix over the course of our 3 night stay.

I would stay there again and would highly recommend this to anyone that would like to stay in style in Boulder.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room with a balcony and you cant go wrong.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Tom B,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m glad you enjoyed our central location and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I apologize on behalf of our team for any inconvenience caused by the issues with the air conditioning unit. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've stayed here 5 times in the last two years and have never been disappointed.

The rooms facing the Flat Irons are my favorite and a little quieter. The beds are the standard all hotels should strive!!! AMAZING sleep night after night. Where can we get this bed, please?

Housekeeping is fantastic, the place is immaculate. The amenities are so cool and upscale.

The spa is so nice as well, pricey but worth it if you get the perfect therapist for you.

All the food options at St. Julien are for foodies! Hang out in the lobby near the fireplace for starters and the local band. Always great for people watching.

The staff is 5* all the way and willing to do anything to make your stay the best.

This is what most would expect with any stay at a luxury hotel.

Make sure you hike, go to Salt and walk along Pearl Street Mall.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear AOneWorldTraveler,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review, and for your repeat patronage of St Julien Hotel & Spa. I'm pleased to hear that the hotel's views, beds, amenities and more made your stay at St Julien comfortable and pleasant. Our mattresses are specially designed for St Julien, and are not sold in the retail market, unfortunately! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work - hotel is beautiful. Rooms are modern and clean. Facilities are very nice. Great location. Didn't get a great view but I know they have rooms with good views so be sure to ask for it. Concierge is great - and hotel staff is second to none. If you can afford it, stay here!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Golfer_Girlie,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and the service our team provided. We look forward to having you back again soon – hopefully for leisure next time.

old greenwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a great place to stay, in the heart of the historical district, just a block from Pearl St where there are a ton of good restaurants and shops. The people here are very nice (like everyone in Boulder...what's to not be happy about?) Rooms aren't huge but very nice. The pillows were all bumps and rocks, which was amazing given how good everything else was.

Room Tip: It's this or the Bolerado. mountain view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear edwardvick,

Thank you for your kind review - we appreciate your feedback. We strive to make every guests’ stay as comfortable as possible, and are always happy to provide, upon request, alternate pillows or linens to satisfy our guests' needs. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!