“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
knoxville, tn
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in Boulder for three nights. What a wonderful town. Our first night we stayed at the Boulderado, which was wonderful. We didn't make reservations anywhere for the next two nights because we thought we might go to Vail, but enjoyed Boulder so much that we stayed. The Boulderado was full due to a wedding, so we stayed at St. Julian Hotel and had a great experience. Great happy hour, wonderful rooms, very quiet, posh bathrooms, and the most polite staff I've ever seen. The location can't be beat--just step out the door and immediately enjoy the town.we're not spa-goers so didn't use the spa, but I'm sure it's fabulous! We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear kim C,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel's location and accommodations, and that the guest service you encountered exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Palm Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an extremely well run resort in the heart of Boulder. You don't need a car to go to go out to eat, drink or play. Pearl Street, the outdoor mall, is a block away. The staff at the hotel was friendly (if not a bit robotic) and efficient. I would have given St. Julien 5 stars, but the first room I was in overlooked the garden, which was fine. But around 5PM very loud salsa music started. I looked out and saw a live band. It was Salsa night. Watching some of the dancing was quite amusing. As someone commented, "some white people just shouldn't dance". I was thinking the same thing, but I'm too PC to say it out loud. I went downstairs to the reception area and asked if I could get a room away from the noise. I was told that they were booked solid (fair enough) and that this was the only night I would hear music. It wasn't. The music kicked in the next evening, and a family with screaming children moved in next door. Clearly they had little, or no parental supervision. I thought that between the music and the kids, perhaps I should simply check out. I went to the reception desk, and said I was checking out, and after much keyboard work, lo-and-behold a room was found. Thank you, Marcos. The spa is wonderful. Steam room, jacuzzi, large pool, very clean shower and changing area. Unfortunately I was too late for a massage. It was a last minute thought. Next time I'll book in advance. There's happy hour everyday 3:30-6:00PM.. $5 martinis and half-off the menu at Jills, the hotels bistro. There's also a lovely outdoor area where you can sit with friends and family and enjoy a cocktail. All-in-all it was an excellent experience. Ask for a room with a mountain view.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear 3GPalmSprings,

Thank you for your kinds words about the hotel. I'm pleased that you enjoyed St Julien Hotel & Spa's various amenities, proximity to Pearl St., and daily happy hour from 4-6:30 p.m. I also appreciate the feedback on the service you received, and am happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate your room change request the second night.

We hope to have you as our guest – both overnight and for a massage – again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times over the past 3 years and we are extremely impressed by the consistently high quality of service they provide. The location is perfect with beautiful views of the Boulder Flatiron Mountains and only a few steps away from some of the best restaurants in town on the Pearl Street outdoor mall. I would even recommend this for anyone visiting the City of Denver because you are only about 30-40 minutes from downtown, but this place is certainly worth the extra drive.

Room Tip: They have both city and mountain view rooms. I recommend asking for the mountain view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bottleshocktravel,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We’re happy to hear that you’ve consistently enjoyed the hotel's service and location. We look forward to your next visit with us.

lakewood, co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

St. Julien's location, sunset happy hour with live music, spa, pool and sundeck, spacious and quiet rooms, front door and concierge staff all combined to create a fabulous weekend for a group of sorority sisters for our 20 year reunion.

Room Tip: southwestern facing rooms have a spectacular view, but if you won't be in your room for long, th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear andra s,

Thank you for choosing St Julien Hotel & Spa for your 20-year reunion, and for providing feedback from your stay. I'm pleased your group enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel, from the live entertainment on our Terrace, to the hotel's location and amenities, to the service you encountered. We hope to have the chance to host you again.

Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After staying for 2 previous nights in non-air conditioned hotels, I was really looking forward to a bit more upscale stay, which I found at the St. Julien Hotel. First, the location is superb. You're literally a 2 minute walk from Pearl Street Mall, a pedestrian only (on parts) shopping and restaurant area.

My room was clean and spacious, and I loved the four poster bed. The only problem was when I laid down, I thought I might not get up again, because the bed was so comfortable! Ha.

I had room service and the food was really good. The next morning, I had breakfast in the hotel and the food was really good there, too.

Service was really good throughout the entire hotel.

I got a massage, which was wonderful, along with a pedicure. Really a wonderful experience, but the bed - oh my gosh, I could just fall asleep in this chair now, thinking about that bed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Osnab,

Thank you for your review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We’re pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel, and that you found your room – and bed – so comfortable. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is in almost every way a first class hotel. The staff is uniformly pleasant and helpful and not only courteous, but friendly. The rooms are well designed, the bathroom especially large. The room was a bit small for a hotel at this price and would be my only quibble here. The king bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet with the windows closed.

Interestingly, I e-mailed a few weeks before coming to inquire about the parking charges. I wondered if spending over a thousand dollars for me mountain view room for three nights with the breakfast allowance wasn't enough and whether parking could be included. I received a very pleasant reply explaining how the parking area used is not owned by the hotel and nothing could be done. So, I was quite surprised on my Saturday arrival to be told by the valet that the lot was free on Sat. and Sun. and I could simply self-park and avoid the charge. Why didn't someone look into this when I asked? Not a big deal but an area where communication could have been better.

As for breakfast; I have no quibbles at all! The food was excellent and the service even better. We ate at the hotel's restaurant each morning, eschewing the room service option and were completely pleased. All of our request were met with good cheer and all of our food was prepared exactly as ordered. One time they did serve me cold french toast, but it was immediately replaced and I wasn't charged for that item. Everyone makes mistakes, but you can judge a restaurant by how they react when told of one. They receive an A+

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear coeurdelion,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. Apologies for the miscommunication about parking; guests can indeed enjoy complimentary self-parking at the structure next to the hotel on weekends. On weekdays, there is a charge for parking in the structure, which is not operated or owned by St Julien. Our valet team is always available to park your car for a charge as well.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

There is no other place to stay. A hotel is all about welcoming people into a place where they are comfortable while offering good food, drink, and accommodations. The St. Julien does all of this while having an amazing location, and design. The door staff is amazing. Those guys anticipate the needs of those they interact with, and truly understand the art of engagement with their guests.

If you get the chance, stay at the St. Julien.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear LuvCOLORADO917,

Thank you for your kind review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We’re very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, accommodations and most importantly, the service you received. We look forward to your next visit.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!