“Super good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Boulder
Nashville
“Super good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After staying for 2 previous nights in non-air conditioned hotels, I was really looking forward to a bit more upscale stay, which I found at the St. Julien Hotel. First, the location is superb. You're literally a 2 minute walk from Pearl Street Mall, a pedestrian only (on parts) shopping and restaurant area.

My room was clean and spacious, and I loved the four poster bed. The only problem was when I laid down, I thought I might not get up again, because the bed was so comfortable! Ha.

I had room service and the food was really good. The next morning, I had breakfast in the hotel and the food was really good there, too.

Service was really good throughout the entire hotel.

I got a massage, which was wonderful, along with a pedicure. Really a wonderful experience, but the bed - oh my gosh, I could just fall asleep in this chair now, thinking about that bed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Osnab,

Thank you for your review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We’re pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel, and that you found your room – and bed – so comfortable. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is in almost every way a first class hotel. The staff is uniformly pleasant and helpful and not only courteous, but friendly. The rooms are well designed, the bathroom especially large. The room was a bit small for a hotel at this price and would be my only quibble here. The king bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet with the windows closed.

Interestingly, I e-mailed a few weeks before coming to inquire about the parking charges. I wondered if spending over a thousand dollars for me mountain view room for three nights with the breakfast allowance wasn't enough and whether parking could be included. I received a very pleasant reply explaining how the parking area used is not owned by the hotel and nothing could be done. So, I was quite surprised on my Saturday arrival to be told by the valet that the lot was free on Sat. and Sun. and I could simply self-park and avoid the charge. Why didn't someone look into this when I asked? Not a big deal but an area where communication could have been better.

As for breakfast; I have no quibbles at all! The food was excellent and the service even better. We ate at the hotel's restaurant each morning, eschewing the room service option and were completely pleased. All of our request were met with good cheer and all of our food was prepared exactly as ordered. One time they did serve me cold french toast, but it was immediately replaced and I wasn't charged for that item. Everyone makes mistakes, but you can judge a restaurant by how they react when told of one. They receive an A+

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear coeurdelion,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. Apologies for the miscommunication about parking; guests can indeed enjoy complimentary self-parking at the structure next to the hotel on weekends. On weekdays, there is a charge for parking in the structure, which is not operated or owned by St Julien. Our valet team is always available to park your car for a charge as well.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

There is no other place to stay. A hotel is all about welcoming people into a place where they are comfortable while offering good food, drink, and accommodations. The St. Julien does all of this while having an amazing location, and design. The door staff is amazing. Those guys anticipate the needs of those they interact with, and truly understand the art of engagement with their guests.

If you get the chance, stay at the St. Julien.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear LuvCOLORADO917,

Thank you for your kind review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We’re very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, accommodations and most importantly, the service you received. We look forward to your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

St. Julien is one of the finer hotels in Colorado, if not the west. It is nestled at the base of a canyon in the foot hills, with the flatirons nearby and CU just a short distance off. It's also a short walk from the Pearl Street Mall, a delightfully funky promenade showing the work of local artists, a variety of food, some great coffee shops, street performers, and musicians. But after 8pm on a late spring weeknight, ironically, brings the luxury of the Spa into contact with what may be the hobo and hippy capital of the nation, as aggressive 20 somethings challenge passersby for food, cash, and womenfolk. It is an experience to, well, experience at least once.

In the meantime, the Spa is also an experience to experience at least once. Many rooms have an awe-inspiring view of the flatirons and foothills, as do the sitting areas and restaurants. A fire and patio provide a great environment for work or reading or chatting. Rooms are well-appointed and extremely comfortable and quiet. Large bathrooms with elaborate stone and tile furnishings are more than needed but are gorgeous.

Some will be annoyed or even alarmed by the juxtaposition of the hobo and the hotel. Enjoy the wonderful hotel experience but do consider the humanity of the hippy and how each of us can best provide hope and even constructive help for them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vince V,

Thank you for your kind words regarding St Julien Hotel & Spa. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed Spa at St Julien, your accommodations at the hotel, and Boulder’s colorful local culture. We hope to have you back again soon.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

While staying in Boulder, Co. for a few months I treated myself to a half day at the St Julien Spa. I started with a facial, massage and ended with a pedicure. Every procedure was more than excellent and very relaxing. The Spa area is very nice along with the people that work there.

If you check into the hotel or spa they seem to remember you from the last visit and always greet you with a big smile. I think it is very impressive when a hotel/spa pays that much attention to the details.

If you go only for a spa procedure and are not staying at the hotel you can valet park your car.

The hotel is a very nice place with all the high end amenities and if you ask for a Flat Irons view and get it that is one of the best views from the hotel one can get. This hotel is located walking distance to Pearl Street and is walking distance to several great restaurants within a block from the entrance to the hotel. I recommend Brasserie 10 10.

Here is the link for the St Julien Hotel http://www.stjulien.com and the link for Brasserie 10 10 http://www.brasserietenten.com

Room Tip: Ask for a Flat Irons view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear kwanie,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to Spa at St Julien. I'm pleased you enjoyed your treatments and the service you encountered. We look forward to your next visit – hopefully for an overnight stay as well.

Houston, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the ratings having stayed at a Marriott here before that was awful. The rooms are small but well kept. Enjoyed the coffee maker although had to ask for extra capsules and Splenda. There was a large group that took up a lot of the lobby and outside area, our service was still good.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Platty73,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations at St Julien Hotel & Spa, and hope we have the chance to host you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the St. Julien for a long weekend and were highly impressed by its staff, room, and amenities. The pool was lovely as was my experience at the spa. I was thoroughly impressed by the concierge and the valet parking attendants. They were so courteous and accommodating. One of our daughters has celiac disease and the restaurant staff made sure she could safely enjoy her meal. Also love the free wifi and turndown service! We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2013
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Tula E,

Thank you for the review of your long weekend at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and service you received, and that the staff at Jill’s was able to accommodate your daughter’s dietary restrictions. We look forward to your next visit.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!