“GREAT Boutique hotel. GREAT location.” 5 of 5 stars

St Julien Hotel and Spa
900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Boulder
Dallas TX
“GREAT Boutique hotel. GREAT location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the St. Julien and was really impressed with the hotels style, quality, service... It was all at or near 5 stars. Nice find for a little college town (although if you have been to Boulder before you know it is so much more than that). Our son was touring CU and I can say the campus was awesome but better yet, we have a really nice hotel and spa to stay at when we come to visit him!. The front desk was really warm and friendly, the concierge spent loads of time with us and was super nice.. the spa is very nice (smallish but high end). The location is great, you can't walk to campus but it's a block off Pearl where all the fun shopping and restaurants are. I'd give this hotel a 4.5 star in my book...

Room Tip: We had two rooms, both looked at the courtyard but one looked out essentially at the side of the bui...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear txzaza,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent exploratory stay in Boulder. We are very much looking forward to having you back when you’re in town next to visit your son.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently had one night to spend in Boulder and I made a last minute reservation at the St Julien. I really debated spending the extra money but then decided to go for it.
Wow....money was so well spent. From the minute we arrived we just felt special. Every staff member we came across was so helpful and friendly. The room was so luxurious. The gym was well equipped, and the location was perfect. Walking distance to everything.
The staff was so great in helping us to plan our 24 hour getaway with so many tips on what to do, where to eat etc. I highly recommend the St Julien and I hope we have the opportunity to come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear NJSJ,

Thank you for your thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. We certainly aim to ensure every guest feels as special as you did while under our roof, and are looking forward to your next visit.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Management staff could not have been more accommodating and welcoming. Each of my special requests were promptly responded to. My large room was lovely and well appointed. Great bed that I did not want to get out of. Service was prompt, gracious, and always with a sincere smile - always making one feel like a special guest.

The Hotel is in the best location in Boulder for things to do and for views of the front range of the Rockies (and the Flatirons).

I

Dear feferman,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I’m very pleased that the service exceeded your expectations, and that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as the hotel’s prime location. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at the St Julien recently and loved the place. A brilliant hotel with staff who really care about ensuring their guests have a relaxing time. The front desk needs special mention - when my rental car needing replacing locally they contacted the company and sorted everything out with no fuss. Looking forward to visiting again next year.

Dear m0apc,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at St Julien, and you found that the service exceeded your expectations. I will share your feedback with the front desk team. We’re looking forward to your next visit.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights and found that it just wasn't long enough. It was walking distance to many restaurants and bars with a Starbucks on site. The food was top notch as well as the service. My room was really comfortable and quiet- I slept like a baby! The hotel pool is perfect for swimming laps early in the morning! I enjoyed the complimentary papers next to the fireplace with a cup of coffee early morning as well. The staff was very accommodating with above par service. The Internet was free and had decent connection speed. I should mention that there is also entertainment most nights but I didn't have time to see how it was. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway or to stay for business.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear dxbwxgirl,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. We’re pleased you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel. We hope to have you back again soon – this time for more than two nights!

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My girlfriends and I love the Spa at the St. Julienne. We've received good service there and the atmosphere and entire pool, hot tub and lounge areas are fabulous. My massage with Pax was excellent. I recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxing day without having to go far.

While I've never stayed in any of the rooms, I've toured them and they beautiful.

Also, you can't beat the lobby, lounge area. Great live music, cool fireplace, swanky bar, etc. Definitely check it out if you live in Boulder!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Discovery_Staff,

I’m happy to hear you enjoy Spa at St Julien. We appreciate your feedback, and hope to have you as an overnight guest one of these days as well.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been visiting the St Julien twice a year or so for the past six years and it never disappoints. Like Boulder itself, it is a mixture of rustic charm and more mainstream luxury. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and contain every amenity, and yet there is none of the self-conscious opulence that can begin to jar. The food is uniformly excellent (their pizzas are particularly good), the spa/swimming pool lovely and staff well-trained and, for the main part, most attentive. I keep meaning to go back and spend some proper time there... One day, one day.

Dear Ctephen,

Thank you for your repeat visits to St Julien Hotel & Spa – they are truly the best compliment we can ever receive. I’m so happy to hear you enjoy the accommodations, cuisine, spa and service you receive while staying with us, and hope to have you as a continued guest for years to come.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!