“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Escape Package
Ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Boulder
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Hands down favorite place to stay in a very cool city. Rooms are well appointed...great spa...upscale lounge...really good work out facilities and pool...close to all the action. No complaints other than it can be pricey if you are on a corporate budget.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Peter C,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed St Julien’s accommodations, amenities and location, and look forward to welcoming you as our guest again.

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed in this hotel while looking at CU for my daughter. The hotel could not have been nicer or the staff more welcoming. The room was immaculate and beautiful, and every staff member I came in contact with, from the front desk to the valet, was terrific. When we were departing, the valet asked if we had everything, listing items people often forget...I then remembered to run back up for my phone charger! I am not usually one to hang out in the lobby, but the huge fireplace and comfy seating made it very cozy. Should my daughter decided to attend school here it will be my home away from home. (she asked if she could live there instead of the dorm!)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a view of the Flatirons. It's worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear skigolf,

Thank you for your kind review of St Julien Hotel & Spa. We are pleased that the service you encountered on your recent visit exceeded your expectations. We look forward to becoming your “home away from home,” should your daughter decide to attend the University of Colorado.

Greenwood Village, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I took a runaway weekend to Boulder and stayed once again at this wonderful hotel. If possible I think the St Julien has become even more perfect than our last stay. The room decor, the bed and linens, the bath products are all the very finest. The location is ideal for roaming the famed Boulder Pearl St Mall without being right on the mall, and the nearby restaurants were wonderful. See a review of brunck at Brasserie 1010.
This is a great getaway hotel and spa! We love it, and enjoyed concluding our evening out with a glass of wine in the lobby with a jazz combo playing in the corner. Great people watching, and great customer service.
here is a tip - Parking is free in the adjacent Boulder parking structure; so save some $$ as you don't need valet parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear denverrjd,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Julien Hotel & Spa. We are pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations, the hotel’s live entertainment and most of all, the customer service you received during you recent stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback (please note, however, that the parking structure adjacent to St Julien only offers complimentary parking on the weekends). We look forward to your next getaway with us.

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here while my daughter was visiting CU-Boulder and was amazed by this metropolitan jewel in the middle of Boulder's bohemian downtown Pearl street area. Each evening they featured a different type of live music in the reception area. (...Wednesday - Salsa, Thursday - Jazz/Classical, Friday - Funk, etc.) The rooms were large and fresh with exceptional views of the mountains; though It seems every "view" around boulder is exceptional. The staff was friendly and accomodating and the housekeepers were not at all intrusive. Instead of an early morning knock and "HOUSEKEEPING" call through the door - they were attentive to our comings and goings. We always returned to a freshly made bed and full ice bucket.
Our first morning was spent in the Spa. (It was the best decision, and one I plan to make again.) We started our visit relaxed and refreshed.
I rarely post reviews about my travels but couldn't let this one pass. The St Julien hotel and spa in Boulder was exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear rshaver13,

We understand it takes time to post these reviews and we greatly appreciate you doing so. Thank you for your kind feedback – your experience is what our entire team strives to achieve for each of our guests, and we are pleased to hear you call our property ‘exceptional.’ We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you’re in Boulder.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for a quick overnight and was very impressed. Upon arrival the doormen greeted us and I could just tell the rest would be as good. In fact, the rooms, lobby, service and facilities were all top of the line. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable and modern rooms and an excellent location are all reasons to make me go back!

Dear BellinaRaffy,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel and Spa. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, the lobby, facilities, and most of all, the service from our dedicated staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in February for a business meeting. The hotel is gorgeous. Very well-appointed rooms, not too big, not too small, in a wonderful location. The staff was extremely attentive and pleasant. Their catered food for the business meetings were more than above average. The one time that I ate at the in-hotel restaurant was a Sunday brunch which I thought was also above average for a hotel of this caliber. I did have one "frownie" moment. On the Friday night, they booked a live dance band for the main lobby lounge which drew in a large number of people who literally whooped it up for the entire night. Literally there was no place to hide from the high volume party. The hotel bar, located right beside the lounge, was crowded with the spillover, and was basically intolerable. So the notion of going out for a nice dinner and then returning to the hotel for a relaxing drink before retiring was simply not a possibility. Even in the room, you could hear and feel the noise. I felt sorry for those on lower floors than my fourth. I was told by the wait staff that this was actually more common than I had thought. I found it quite odd that a spa hotel promoting relaxation would convert into a night club. Saturday night, they booked a more sedate jazz band so the experience was less painful but still intrusive if you wanted to simply chill in peace. You may want to check with the hotel if they have booked bands and of what genre during your stay.

Room Tip: Highest floor in case there is a live band booked in the lounge.
Dear Waterloon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Julien Hotel and Spa. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s accommodations, dining and service. I apologize that you found the lobby to be noisy and overly crowded one evening during your stay. The entertainment does vary, and is typically situated outside on the Terrace in the summertime (depending on weather), which makes for a more relaxing ambiance inside. For more information on whether or not entertainment will be available in the lobby or Terrace during your stay, and what genre of music will be represented, visit http://www.stjulien.com/events-entertainment.

Thank you once again for your feedback; we hope to have you as our guest again the next time you visit Boulder.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the St. Julien for a long weekend during the Boulder Film Festival, and it was a great choice. I was in a King Mountain View room, which was very comfortable. Beautiful, big bathroom, comfortable bed, nice view of the flatirons. Everything is walkable from here -- many great restaurants and bars. Unfortunately never had time to try the spa but it looked nice and I heard great things. The staff was very friendly and the whole experience was great. I did visit colleagues at their hotel, the nearby Boulderado, and it made me very happy that i had chosen the St. Julien.

Dear duggernaut,

We are pleased that you chose St Julien Hotel and Spa for your recent Boulder vacation. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel’s rooms, location and staff. We hope you are able to experience the spa during your next visit, and look forward to having you back.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!