“Just keeps getting better” 5 of 5 stars

St Julien Hotel and Spa
900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Just keeps getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I took a runaway weekend to Boulder and stayed once again at this wonderful hotel. If possible I think the St Julien has become even more perfect than our last stay. The room decor, the bed and linens, the bath products are all the very finest. The location is ideal for roaming the famed Boulder Pearl St Mall without being right on the mall, and the nearby restaurants were wonderful. See a review of brunck at Brasserie 1010.
This is a great getaway hotel and spa! We love it, and enjoyed concluding our evening out with a glass of wine in the lobby with a jazz combo playing in the corner. Great people watching, and great customer service.
here is a tip - Parking is free in the adjacent Boulder parking structure; so save some $$ as you don't need valet parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear denverrjd,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Julien Hotel & Spa. We are pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your accommodations, the hotel’s live entertainment and most of all, the customer service you received during you recent stay. We appreciate your comments and feedback (please note, however, that the parking structure adjacent to St Julien only offers complimentary parking on the weekends). We look forward to your next getaway with us.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here while my daughter was visiting CU-Boulder and was amazed by this metropolitan jewel in the middle of Boulder's bohemian downtown Pearl street area. Each evening they featured a different type of live music in the reception area. (...Wednesday - Salsa, Thursday - Jazz/Classical, Friday - Funk, etc.) The rooms were large and fresh with exceptional views of the mountains; though It seems every "view" around boulder is exceptional. The staff was friendly and accomodating and the housekeepers were not at all intrusive. Instead of an early morning knock and "HOUSEKEEPING" call through the door - they were attentive to our comings and goings. We always returned to a freshly made bed and full ice bucket.
Our first morning was spent in the Spa. (It was the best decision, and one I plan to make again.) We started our visit relaxed and refreshed.
I rarely post reviews about my travels but couldn't let this one pass. The St Julien hotel and spa in Boulder was exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear rshaver13,

We understand it takes time to post these reviews and we greatly appreciate you doing so. Thank you for your kind feedback – your experience is what our entire team strives to achieve for each of our guests, and we are pleased to hear you call our property ‘exceptional.’ We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you’re in Boulder.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for a quick overnight and was very impressed. Upon arrival the doormen greeted us and I could just tell the rest would be as good. In fact, the rooms, lobby, service and facilities were all top of the line. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable and modern rooms and an excellent location are all reasons to make me go back!

Dear BellinaRaffy,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel and Spa. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room, the lobby, facilities, and most of all, the service from our dedicated staff. We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in February for a business meeting. The hotel is gorgeous. Very well-appointed rooms, not too big, not too small, in a wonderful location. The staff was extremely attentive and pleasant. Their catered food for the business meetings were more than above average. The one time that I ate at the in-hotel restaurant was a Sunday brunch which I thought was also above average for a hotel of this caliber. I did have one "frownie" moment. On the Friday night, they booked a live dance band for the main lobby lounge which drew in a large number of people who literally whooped it up for the entire night. Literally there was no place to hide from the high volume party. The hotel bar, located right beside the lounge, was crowded with the spillover, and was basically intolerable. So the notion of going out for a nice dinner and then returning to the hotel for a relaxing drink before retiring was simply not a possibility. Even in the room, you could hear and feel the noise. I felt sorry for those on lower floors than my fourth. I was told by the wait staff that this was actually more common than I had thought. I found it quite odd that a spa hotel promoting relaxation would convert into a night club. Saturday night, they booked a more sedate jazz band so the experience was less painful but still intrusive if you wanted to simply chill in peace. You may want to check with the hotel if they have booked bands and of what genre during your stay.

Room Tip: Highest floor in case there is a live band booked in the lounge.
Dear Waterloon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Julien Hotel and Spa. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s accommodations, dining and service. I apologize that you found the lobby to be noisy and overly crowded one evening during your stay. The entertainment does vary, and is typically situated outside on the Terrace in the summertime (depending on weather), which makes for a more relaxing ambiance inside. For more information on whether or not entertainment will be available in the lobby or Terrace during your stay, and what genre of music will be represented, visit http://www.stjulien.com/events-entertainment.

Thank you once again for your feedback; we hope to have you as our guest again the next time you visit Boulder.

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the St. Julien for a long weekend during the Boulder Film Festival, and it was a great choice. I was in a King Mountain View room, which was very comfortable. Beautiful, big bathroom, comfortable bed, nice view of the flatirons. Everything is walkable from here -- many great restaurants and bars. Unfortunately never had time to try the spa but it looked nice and I heard great things. The staff was very friendly and the whole experience was great. I did visit colleagues at their hotel, the nearby Boulderado, and it made me very happy that i had chosen the St. Julien.

Dear duggernaut,

We are pleased that you chose St Julien Hotel and Spa for your recent Boulder vacation. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel’s rooms, location and staff. We hope you are able to experience the spa during your next visit, and look forward to having you back.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you read my reviews you know I love a good HI Express. So a long weekend at the St. Julien over Valentine's Day was a real treat. We'd recently spent a weekend at a Ritz-Carlton property and were nothing but disappointed. St. Julien, on the other hand, exceeded our expectations in nearly every way. Our first day in Boulder it was snowy and beautiful. Upon arriving at the St. Julien we were greeted by what I would come to know as the most genuinely sincere and friendly valet parkers I've ever handed over my keys to. We entered a gorgeous hotel, with a large gas and glass fireplace in the very open lobby. The whole place smells like their signature Canyon Mint product line and it's delicious. We were greeted by more friendlies at the reception desk. Check in was a breeze and we headed up to our room.

The room was breathtaking. Although we didn't realize it until the second day when the snow had cleared, our room had a city view of Boulder and the mountains. Absolutely beautiful. Now you will hear my one and only complaint of the whole trip. Our room was on the second floor literally over the main entrance. Not a lot of privacy out on the balcony. And Samba night, wow that percussion could be heard and felt throughout our room right up until they stopped playing. I wish we'd been warned. When we return to the St. Julien we'll definitely pick a different room.

The room itself was well-appointed. The bed was super-comfy with lots of linens and pillows. Complimentary bottled water by the bed. The valet guys also give you bottled water when you leave the hotel, by the way. Back to the room, there was a good-sized flat screen, lots of outlets, an ihome, lounge chair, desk and chair and a wardrobe. Everything you need. The bathroom was quite large. Two bathrobes, lots of towels and an array of Canyon Mint products that are now sitting in my bathroom here in Atlanta. Yep, I'm that girl. When the products are as good as these were I became a total hoarder. We had a small issue with the water pressure and hot water and it was corrected immediately.

We had room service breakfast every morning. It was delivered by more of the friendly staff and the presentation was beautiful. We looked forward to it each day and were never disappointed. Evening turndown service included a full ice bucket (if you know me you know that's a big deal) and chocolate covered oreos. YUM! No complaints about the service to the room. They even left a newspaper in a little bag hanging on the door handle. Loved that.

We used the spa -- it was amazing. You'll read more about that in a separate review. The spa is the fanciest spa I've ever been to anywhere anytime. They have an indoor infinity looking pool surrounded by glass so it feels like you're outside. So pretty.

We had Valentine's dinner at the restaurant at the St. Julien called Jill's. There will be a separate review on Jill's. I'm pretty tough on restaurant service. It started out rough but ended up great. I'm a sucker for being given a rose on the way out of dinner. Food was delicious and the restaurant is warm and pretty.

I hope everyone has an opportunity to experience the St. Julien. We did not want to leave. But when it came time to, the valet dude offered us water and handed us our keys with a smile and then, for one last time, I received the most sincere tip thanks I've ever gotten.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 2nd floor front side of the hotel. You get lobby noise and no balcony privacy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jpatlantatraveler,

Thank you for the kind and gracious review of your recent stay at St Julien Hotel and Spa. We are happy to hear that the service, accommodations, amenities and your spa and dining experiences made your Valentine’s Day weekend one to remember. We strive to provide each and every guest exemplary service such as it seems that you received, and sincerely hope to have you as our guest again.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Overall a good hotel in the Boulder area. Rooms are nice and well appointed, if a little small. One complaint in the rooms is that the four post bed obscures the view to the TV from the armchair. Not a big deal, but not great design. Some rooms have balconies with potentially great views. Nice gym and pool area, great lobby. The room service / breakfast food is absolutely terrific. This is among the best hotel food I have ever had. Between the food and lovely appointments, absolutely my place of choice in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Chris B,

Thank you for your kind review of St Julien Hotel and Spa. We greatly appreciate all your feedback regarding the rooms, gym, pool area, lobby and dining. We are pleased to hear that St Julien is your “place of choice” in Boulder, and hope to continue to be well into the future. We look forward to your next visit.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!