“review for spa only absolutely first class” 5 of 5 stars

St Julien Hotel and Spa
900 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Boulder
Colorado
“review for spa only absolutely first class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I live locally and received a gift card to the spa. I had been to the hotel for various events and it is very beautiful with wonderful service. It is definitely for a higher end experience but still a little of the down to earth vibe that is Colorado and Boulder. I will admit that I wondered if the spa treatments would live up to the hype or if it would be posh for posh's sake. I can absolutely tell you that if you are looking for a first class class service the St Julien delivers. I have been to spas around the world and this one can definitely compete. The facilities are beautiful, well maintained and constantly checked. The spa is small, so I did find the changing area a bit cramped when there was a party of about 6 other guests present. Not really conducive to lounging and relaxing. However, when they left it was just fine. Use of the small fitness center. Hot tub, lap pool (approx two lanes unmarked), steam room, dry sauna are included. I did take time to partake of them all. My services with Eric were exceptional. He clearly knows what he is doing and is the ultimate professional. I had they High C treatment and a massage. I often get treatments that in some way left me wanting more. Not necessarily a bad service, just something missing. Both of my treatments left me completely content. The $5 valet parking is a very nice touch as well.

You can likely get a fine massage or treatment for less in the area, but if you truly want an exceptional all-around experience, I would definitely recommend the St Julien.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear coquelle,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit to Spa at St Julien. We are pleased to hear that the experience exceeded your expectations, and left you feeling content. Your compliments are greatly appreciated.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is in the center of the action in downtown Boulder. We stayed becuase we were attending an event nearby. We were "upgraded" to a mountain view king due to being an I Prefer member. Sadly, the room was cramped with little room between the bed and the armore/TV center. A check of other rooms that were being cleaned revealed that they were all pretty much the same size. The decor was pleasant and modern. The linens were superb as was the bed. The entire hotel was very clean. The bathroom was very spacious and featured a deep soak tub with a seperate shower and a seperate water closet. The toiletries were delightful and fitting for a 4 diamond hotel. Every staff member were encountered gace us a smile and a friendly greeting. Upon checking in the clerk provided all sorts of useful information as it was our first time visiting. We had the bed and breafast package and were suprised to learn that the gratuity for breakfast was not part of the package which was a bit unusual. The breakfast at Jill's was improperly cooked with both entrees which was dissapointing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SilverBear303,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Julien Hotel and Spa. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, amenities and most of all, the service from our staff. However, we are sorry that there was a mistake in the preparation of your breakfast at Jill’s. We apologize for the error, and hope that you give us the opportunity to host you as our guests again soon.

Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Don't even think about staying in Denver! Drive the 30 minutes and have your best stay ever. My buddy from Ohio and I are going to treat our wives on a trip to Boulder this winter. Relax and let them have an incredible weekend. Staff is the BEST! Concierge Catherine is the best I've seen. When I called in and asked for her to get me reservations at my favorite restautant she asked what day I was checking in and was going to see if there were going to be any room upgrades available during my stay. Who does that anymore!?! Front desk staff is so efficient and doorman and bell staff go above and beyond. Never been happier than the St. Julien to tip the staff. Sure you pay for your room but the extra money......actually I'd pay more! Don't miss out. And take the drive.

• Stayed November 2012
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear afbnoles1,

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding St Julien Hotel & Spa. Your compliments regarding our staff and service demonstrate the experience we strive to achieve for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you both, and your wives, this winter.

reno, nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our son goes to CU Boulder, so this location is perfect PLUS it is within walking distance to everything. They have great customer service and the grounds are beautiful. When staying there I highly suggest a King Veranda room. The patio/deck is huge and you get a great view of the Flatiron moutains. You can also see the Gazebo and fountain down below. I like this side best as I once requested a 2 queen suite and was overlooking and intersection with a 4 way stoplight. Alot of the balcony rooms DO face Canyon Street, so make sure you tell them a King Veranda or if you want a Queen, I suggest a terrace view, no balcony, but nice room. The Lobby i very inviting and Jill''s is a great place to have breakfast and dinner. However the best place for Happy hour and tapas, is right next door at "The Med". Unbelievable! We also had dinner at "The Kitchen". Go to the one where you can make reservations. They have "the kitchen next door" and "the kitchen upstairs" (walk-in only), so it kind of gets confusing. Food was excellent! The Flatiron mall not to far for some great shopping, but if you feel like going to Denver, check out Cherry Creek Crossing. Lots to do here. Love this place.
Oh, and by the way, The Ritz Carlton in Bachelor Gulch is to die for (about 1 1/2 hour drive), but that is another review!

Room Tip: King Veranda..trust me :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bling15,

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation of St Julien Hotel and Spa, as well as the wonderful town of Boulder. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location, close to your son at CU, and look forward to hosting you next time you are in town visiting your son.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Everything about the St. Julien is excellent - rooms, staff, food, location and services. I stayed here on business for a meeting held at the hotel, and it was very pleasant. The St. Julien offers affordable luxury. I'd love to come back here again for a vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear happycat14,

We are pleased to hear that all aspects of St Julien met your needs from the rooms, staff and service to the food and location. Your positive feedback is the greatest compliment we can receive and we look forward to having you as our guest on your next vacation.

St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just about everything was top notch. Our 4th floor room was quiet, the bed very comfortable and I appreciated the blackout curtains. We walked to a different restaurant every night - did not dine at the hotel. The bell captain and his staff were exceptional. Our car was always waiting for us no matter how short the notice and the staff was helpful and friendly. The spa has a nice infinity lap pool and well stocked fitness room. They spa was understaffed when I showed up; the front desk couldn't find the concierge to show me to a locker. My only other issue was some of the housekeeping procedures. We had turn down service only on our second nite. The third nite, housekeeping arrived as we were getting ready for dinner and I asked her to comeback a little later. That didn't happen -- and nothing on the first nite. Also, I really like all of the green characteristics of the hotel. I hung my used towel up (per the printed instructions) to use again but it was replaced every day. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear STLJudy,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at St Julien. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms and location. We would love to have you dine with us at our own Jill’s Restaurant next time you stay with us and try its innovative food programs which incorporate local ingredients from Boulder and the larger Rocky Mountain region. I apologize for the turn down service and will personally address the issue with our staff. We look forward to hosting you as our guest next time you are in town.

Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful hotel at a superb location. Went there two times and was both times enthusiastic. Great rooms and service, good views of the Flatirons. Fantastic pool area. Very good experience all around. Can only recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear JayJay,

We are pleased to hear that your recent experience with us exceeded your expectations. Your continued visits are greatly appreciated; we hope they continue for years to come.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!