“The very best there is.” 5 of 5 stars

35% savings with B&B Pkg
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“The very best there is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We attended a wedding at the St Julien recently, staying two nights in the hotel. From the moment we entered we knew we were in for a special time. The staff immediately identified us by name, check in was flawless (we were upgraded), and the bell staff couldn't have been more accomodating with our car and delivering our things to our room.
First of all, you have to understand, this hotel is absolutely beautiful. it is new, it is luxurious, and it is gorgeous. The lobby is wonderfully comfortable with flower arrangements, stylish and comfortable furniture, music in the evenings, and adjacent to the intimate bar and excellent restaurant. The lobby opens onto the gardens from which one looks up to the Rockies and the iconic Flatirons looming over Boulder.
The hotel is located one block off the spectacular Pearl St. mall, restaurant and shopping mecca - the ulitmate Boulder experience and the best people watching this side of Paris.
My wife and i enjoyed some spa treatments in the very posh spa. There is an indoor pool and hot tub, open to the mountain views, and available to the guests for free, plus a state of the art exercise facility. But we felt like being spoiled so spent some money on massages and facials - wow, expensive but worth it.
if you need a bike (it is Boulder after all) they will get you one, if you need hiking maps no problem. Just ask and the concierge will book you into any one of the many great nearby restaurants (Boulder is a foodie town, and a good one).
The rooms are spacious, newly decorated, and lavishly appointed with top line music, flat screens, etc. Bathrooms alone are worth the stay, and scupulously clean.
We could not have asked for a more luxurious and accomodating hotel and staff. If you want the best in Boulder, and one of Colorado's very best, this is the place for you. We can't wait to return - and we only live an hour away; it's that good.

Room Tip: The mountain view rooms are terrific; ask for them.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We have stayed at the Julien several times, and although it is a beautiful hotel in a fantastic location, there are some issues that would keep me from visiting again. Be aware that if there is a wedding being held at the hotel, you may not have access to to outside sitting area (where you can normally order food and have a drink)...you will also not be able to use the lobby sitting area/bar area making the options for staying on hotel grounds limited. This was very disappointing. I was also disappointed that for the price we paid, the rooms were not maintained to perfection....in our bathroom, the grout between the tiles was missing...not something I expect to see in a $275.00 a night hotel. Pool and hot tub were wonderful and very well maintained.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011 via mobile

Beautiful rooms - ours had doors that open to a great balcony. Nice amenities, including lovely bath salts. Walk out the hotel and cross 2 streets and you are at a great outdoor shopping street. Blocks and blocks of shopping and great food, benches, art and plenty of both sun and shade. Walk the other direction if you want to run, hike, bike, picnic, or walk on beautiful trails next to a beautiful creek. (this is a must do!). Sunday night there was a big screen movie shown and Monday night, the fireplace was lit and cozy for all. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2011
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We had an amazing experience at one of the best Hotel and Spa in Colorado.
The staff was fantastic from valet to the front office to the spa. The view from our room was incredible and the accomodations were first class, Housekeeping was high-end and the bar and restaurant services under Jill's Restaurant (General Manager) Anthony Grippo, up to the highest standards, Thank you Anthony . . . The Escobars

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

stayed for 5 days over Memorial day weekend. The very busy Boulder Creek Festival was across the street but this oasis of calm and quiet was not disturbed by it. Boulder, Bon Appetit's Food Town does not dissapoint from a culinary standpoint, nor does the hotel. Fantastic Happy Hour food and drink specials and Fitness Center w Spa to get over it the next day. Literally dozens of top restaurants within walking distance too, as well as the fantastic Highland City Club. Highly recommend the St. Julien and Boulder for a long weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Don't miss the happy hour 'tapas'
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Incline Village, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I have read some reviews that don't do the Spa very much justice (however I have never used the spa) but the rest of the hotel is the BEST I ever stay at and I travel over 30 states and Canada and NONE is better than the St. Julien in Boulder.
The best points: The Concierge gal named Catherine is absolutely the greatest individual I have ever dealt with for getting things taken care of. She should be in Manhatten or Paris or somewhere where her incredible talents and gifts in customer service can truly be appreciated. You know what, forget that...I want her in Boulder when I come to town. I can show up two months after staying there and she remembers my name when I walk in the dooor and can ask me if I want a reservation at my favorite sushi place without asking the name. Incredible memory she has!
Valet guy, tall handsome guy INCREDIBLY professional, makes you feel like a star everytime I visit and stay. Always remembers me and makes great conversation about my family. Sorry can't remember his name because he is awesome.
Front desk staff is always so great also. Restaurant people are very accomadating and friendly, but they could take some training from the Hotel staff. Get Catherine and the Valet guys to do training for restaurant and Spa staff and give them Zagat's 4-Diamond rating!
I will never stay anywhere else, it is worth the extra money.
Oh yeah, the beds: THE MOST COMFORTABLE IN THE WORLD!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011 via mobile

I live in Boulder and I've stayed at the St. Julien once. My parents booked a suite for the weekend. Both times I've experienced such hideous service that I question whether to give money to any part of the hotel again.

My first time, my husband and I were awakened at 11pm by a phone call. We picked up the phone and it was a front desk employee rudely telling us to keep down the noise. We had been ASLEEP.

Now, it was Friday night and every Friday night is a raucous happy hour with a band. That's fine, but the hotel knows full well that Friday nights are loud. In fact, our room was thumping all night. Yet they automatically assumed that we were the noise culprits. I complained that night and the next day and never received anything beyond an indifferent apology.

This weekend, we went down to the lobby for afternoon tea with my six-year-old daughter. When we got there, we were told that without reservations, we could not be served--even though half the lobby was empty, the other half was taken up by a huge baby shower, and the outdoor seating was wide open. My daughter was in tears, so I asked if there was any way they could a accommodate our small party with tea service outside. I was told no--they only make as much food as they have reservations. I was invited to cobble together my own tea by buying tea and plastic-wrapped cookies from the coffee bar. When I said we were guests and only arrived the night before, the concierge replied, "well we take reservations all morning on Saturday."

This type of unprofessionalism is unacceptable for a luxury hotel. Period. When guests are paying several hundred dollars a night for a room--and even MORE for a suite. These types of situations shouldn't HAPPEN, much less appeased with inadequate excuses and apologies.

The St. Julien may have nice rooms, a cool fireplace, and a good location, but all of that means nothing without impeccable service where the customer is always--repeat, ALWAYS--right, and definitely not blamed for staff shortcomings.

Out-of-towers may be impressed, but every Boulderite I've talked to has a St. Julien customer horror story to tell. The hotel has had several years to figure this out, and still can't be bothered to change. Maybe the third time is a charm, but I'm not sure I want to pay good money to find out.

• Stayed May 2011
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience about your stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any misunderstandings and inconveniences caused during your recent stay. As an independently-owned Boulder hotel, we pride ourselves on the quality and service we deliver to our guests. It’s our priority to deliver exceptional service to our guests and we hope to someday regain your trust and loyalty. I would like to speak with you one-on-one to rectify this issue. Please email me at pwalstra@stjulien.com with the best way to reach out to you. I look forward to speaking with you.

Been to St Julien Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!