“Drool-worthy baked goods!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Drool-worthy baked goods!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Don't tempt me with a good baked good. They are my favorite!

While staying in Boulder with some friends for a weekend, I was encouraged to check out Lucky's and I'm so glad that I did! The boyfriend and I both got filled croissants and we couldn't help ourselves and got a few of their cookies to go. Everything was great! I loved all of the cakes and pies that they had on display too. I'd highly encourage anyone in the area to check it out!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, FL
“Cornucopia of Confections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

What a great idea to have a portion of the bakery operations in full view of the customers. While I was ruminating over which goodies I would choose, I got to see two Dutch crumb apple pies get finished off before baking. Parchment and flour everywhere - felt like I was IN the kitchen with the baking elves. A veritable assemblage of American and European styled baked goods behind short protective glass so you can see the details of the products, and NOT in a chilled environment which degrades the pastry. Well thought out.

Now to the offerings themselves. I was only there on two occasions, so I cannot comment on the entire variety. The galettes were OUTSTANDING - fruity and with crunchy crust, not overly sweet. The lavender shortbread (my favorite) was to die for, and the ginger cookie had truly excellent balance of spices. Husband enjoyed the almond croissant and I bought the dog biscuits that I...didn't taste test.

There appear to be some standards (as well there should be) and other more imaginative baked goods for the adventurous. Savories, too. All appear to be fresh, well prepared and extremely tasty!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“great variety of quality baked goods and ice cream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lucky's Bakehouse & Creamery is the latest Lucky's North Boulder venture. It has an ever-changing selection of interesting small batch baked goods (pastries, cakes, cookies, cupcakes, fruit tarts, etc.) and ice creams. I personally prefer the simpler, less sugary baked goods (especially the fruit tarts and galettes), but everything I have tasted has been well made. Some very tasty gluten-free items are also usually available.

Similarly, I prefer the simpler but very rich and flavorful ice creams (chocolate, salted caramel, coffee ... or all three together!), but Lucky's also offers rather elaborate combinations such as "Parisian Breakfast" (vanilla ice cream with raspberries and pieces of croissant) if you're into such things.

There are a few tables (both indoor and outdoor), so you can either have a quick snack right there or take it home for later. Limited coffee selection (pretty much caff or de-caff). But Lucky's is a quality little place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado
“Best place in Boulder if you have a sweet tooth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The ice cream they make here is phenomenal. I love the salted caramel ice cream in particular. This isn't a restaurant per-se, but more of a dessert bakery. No breads or rolls, but plenty of cakes and pastries of all kinds--some gluten free if you are into that kind of thing.

• Visited June 2013
Silicon Valley
“Great place, wonderful baked goods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great place, the counter with the all the amazing baked goods makes the choice truly difficult. I tried the sticky buns, and bacon chive chedder biscuit. Both excellent. Lucky's makes their own bacon. The coffee was excellent.

I found the staff to be truly helpful, I was lost they helped me find my way and will definitely be back next time I'm in Boulder.

• Visited April 2013