“Bright Happy Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #235 of 496 restaurants in Boulder
Regina, Canada
“Bright Happy Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Broomfield Colorado looking for a pleasant place for breakfast, we found it on an early morning drive to Boulder. The Egg and I is located in a strip mall with large windows with loads of natural light.

It was staffed with happy university students who were obviously happy to work there. They were pleasant, engaging, intelligent and eager to please. What made it warm and inviting is that they were interested about where we were from and made us feel very welcome. Just watching them interact amongst themselves made it clear that they were a team that were engaged in their work.

My wife had the Mexican Skillet made with Chorizo, black beans, green chiles, diced tomatoes and onions on a bed of ranch potatoes with a pork green chili. Topped with pepper jack cheese and two eggs scrambled eggs. Served with a warm flour tortilla. She enjoyed this very much and liked the green pork chili considering she had never had any before.
I had the Garden Frittata which had plenty of fresh vegetables, diced tomatoes, green peppers, onions, portabella mushrooms and fresh baby spinach with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.

Coffee was served in a carafe placed on the table. Overall the food, location, bright open atmosphere and engaging staff made this an enjoyable Sunday morning

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Georgetown, Texas
“just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I had a salad which was adequate. The server could not get my order correct even though it was repeated about 3 times.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Relaxed, with classical...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

Relaxed, with classical music, friendly service and great food. Will go there again when in Boulder

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“When I used to live over...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

When I used to live over on this side of town, The Egg And I was my breakfast place of choice. It's very reliable and consistent (read: has never blatantly sucked). Their menu is extensive and, though not very creative, serves up traditional breakfast dishes tasty and fresh every time.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“expensive and i personally think tasteless.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

expensive and i personally think tasteless.