“Best thai food in the area” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #130 of 445 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Thai
Longmont,CO
“Best thai food in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Best thai food in the area. We visited several times. Most of the times we call them and order and then pick up. Once we ordered thai hot and they didn't make it enough hot so we called them and they gave us free food next time. I send lot of people to this restaurant. One problem is that sitting area is too small and bathrooms are not clean. But who cares as long their foods are great and servicing are good. I ate in this restaurant several times last year. Foods are not expensive at all.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Good pad Thai! I've had better but for $8 it was great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crested Butte, Colorado
“Decent...Would go back! Really like Know Pad Supparod!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We orderded a number of things off the menu and shared them. The Pad Thai was ok...had no spice at all. The Know Pad Supparod was really good though. We also had the Kang Woon Sen which was pretty good. Overall, visiting many Thai Restaurants across the country I would rate this place Average so far. Who knows maybe I'll find more dishes like the Know Pad Supparod and change my rating.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hillsboro, Illinois
“Suprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

These midwesterners were steered to this restaurant by their son who lives in Boulder. It was not the standard oriental buffet at all,(as we find here), with ample, flavorful portions and complimentary spring roles and soup for appetizers. Fairly priced. Great location. Good service.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Voted Best Thai in Boulder for the past DECADE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

As the title says Khow Thai was voted by Boulder Weekly as the best Thai in town for the better part of the last decade. In a town like Boulder praise from a free weekly is no small accomplishment trust me.

I went at lunch time and it was fairly busy and I ordered the standard Pad Kee Mow to try the place out, Pad Thai is for uninformed Americans Kee Mow is where it's at. Anyway, I got my order to go so I could enjoy it next to Boulder creek and get the full experience of being a hippie. For some $8 I was given my order, a large spring roll, and some ginger and mushroom broth that was very good and helped with the spice later on.

The Pad Kee Mow was very good and not too spicy. I didn't specify the level of spice on purpose to see where their base line was. They do have a not on their menu to request "American Hot" or "Thai Hot" I like to work my way up to Thai hot when I zero in on a good Thai restaurant and Khow Thai serves their spicy dishes at about a low medium heat level so if you like it spicy make sure to tell them.

Not only did I get a massive amount of food and extras for a cheap price one of the owners brought me water while I was waiting! I was thirsty from walking around all day and it was just the icing on the cake.

I will try out some other Thai places in Boulder but I think I lucked out and found the best one first.

Eat here!!!!