“Slow learner, today was third and final visit.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #288 of 445 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American
colorado
“Slow learner, today was third and final visit.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The environment and food are exactly what you would expect, and that can be a good thing if you are traveling and want something predictable. The variable is the service, which can determine whether locals will return. I had the identical experience on each 9am breakfast visit, due to an appointment nearby. I was seated, asked if I'd like coffee, then promptly forgotten. Each time, after waiting, I had to ask for the coffee, then ask again to place my order. So insulting.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Walked out on labour day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Second visit in last couple of weeks and afraid to say will be a last. The food and valid at Dennys are good but the Boulder restaurant service is the slowest ever. The staff are friendly and polite but there's no where bear enough of them. To be honest they looked stressed and tired. 2 servers on Labour day at 12 which is crazy. They were showing people to seats but not mentioning the waiting time. We left after 20 mins without even a glass of water never mind our order taken. Other families were sat waiting clutching menus but nothing seemed to be happening so we walked out and went elsewhere. Shame as we love the place in other towns..... If this keeps up I'm guessing it will be gone very soon to many other great breakfast places in Boulder.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The food was poor even for Denny's, service was slow.
Not the usual Denny's fare. Was close to the hotel.

Visited April 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“new management = bad seervice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went to Denny's last night. Tables were dirty, waited 25 minutes with no one coming to take my order. A guy at the next table said he had ben there earlier in the week and had the same. He thought someone had quit or not shown up. I went up to the front desk to try to order because all I wanted was a bowl of chicken noodle. The guy tried to avoid me, but I pinned him down. He said they were out of chicken noodle and could care less that I waited so long and had to ask. I found out as I was leaving that they were short on staff on purposes. Someone thinks 1 wait person is enough for Friday night. And the good staff they have are leaving. I guess they will quickly meet their goal of downsizing their business to match there staff. I won't be back until I hear something changes. It probably will be closing though if they can't afford wait staff.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado
“best bet for late night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Denny's in Boulder is a 24-hour diner. If it's 2 a.m. you don't have a lot of options in Boulder. This place is the answer, although it's pretty basic diner food -- expectations have to be tailored to what this establishment is. Breakfast is always reliable, regardless of the time of day you order it. Soups and salads are good, although they stop serving soup at 10 p.m., and you probably don't want their soup after nine.

In the middle of the night your best choice is to use the $2-$4-$6-$8 menu -- either that or breakfast. Denny's is reliable. Staff is friendly at all times of the day and night.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Denny's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.