“Never again.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Boulder, Colorado
“Never again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Delivery time was 1 hour 45 min.!!! It was my boyfriend and my 2 year anniversary and we always order from Lee Yuan. After an hour and a half I called and they told me that the cook in the kitchen was "old" and that's why it was taking so long. My problem? No. We had also ordered online and it said that we would get a free chocolate cake with a $20 purchase. When our food showed up an hour and forty-five minutes later, the delivery guy was laughing and they had forgotten the cake! I called and had to BEG them for a refund. Now, one week later, the charge is STILL on my bank statement and now they're saying, "there's not much they can do." I call shenanigans. We used to love this place and now I tell everyone I know how horrible this experience was. They ruined our anniversary dinner!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Boulder, Colorado
“Consistent for decades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a little family-operated Chinese restaurant in a shopping center. It has been in the same location for decades. My experience is that the food is consistently good and well-prepared. But I must admit, I don't go to a place like this for fancy dishes with shrimp and lobster sauce -- I go for their basic lunch specials, starting 6 days a week at 11 a.m.

A lot of people get carryout here.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fountain, CO
“Really good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My vegetarian daughter and I dined here on a whim. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was fresh, well-prepared and delicious. I had sesame chicken, she had family style tofu. We were both very pleased. There were nice hunks of white-meat in the sesame chicken (sometimes it seems you don't get much meat when you order this dish) and it included some perfectly prepared broccoli. My daughter loved her tofu and vegetables. Service was friendly and prompt and we were informed the restaurant has been open for more than 50 years.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder
“The WORST Chinese eatery in Boulder”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

TERRIBLE!!! What a complete waste of money and time. We ordered the following:
House Pan Fried Noodle, Shrimp & Lobster Sauce, Crab Cheese Wontons, and eggrolls. I spent just over $30 on the food. HORRIBLE!!!

First, the pan fried noodles were BURNED BLACK, my 5 year old wouldn't even touch them. The lobster sauce was a full can of uncooked peas and carrots and I could see the black veins all over the dish where the chef was to lazy to clean them. Lastly, the crab cheese wontons were hard, cold, and appeared to have been made hours if not days before.

I am a TRUE fan of good Chinese food having grown up in NYC. There are some really good ones, Golden Lotus is great, Orchid Pavilion was great when they were open, right now the best is China Gourmet. So please, trust me, don't waste your money at this poor excuse for a Chinese eatery.

To top it all off I called to tell the owner about my experience and she called me a liar. Horrible food and horrible service.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Not too bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

Not too bad actually. I was surprised but a small place. Of course I asked for the chinese menu instead of their regular menu.

Their mapo tofu is good which I can recommend.

Overall, not much to complain. And I would come back when I am around Boulder again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere