“Our "Go To" place. Any time of day.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 508 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Our "Go To" place. Any time of day.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Never disappointed by the food. They love our four kids. The water glass is always full. And we Never leave hungry!

CO
“Mixed Experience, but WILL Return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently went to Chez Thuy with a friend, and we were both satisfied with our experience. We walked in to a very small wait during a busy moment - a Friday at 7:15PM. The waitresses were very harsh, impersonal, and non-communicative, but the one waiter who helped us very briefly was courteous and gentle. We ordered the fish cakes as an appetizer, because me (American) and my Thai friend both love the thai tod mun pla. What came out was tasty. It could have had a bit stronger flavor, and the noodles that came with it were confusing. However, the fish cakes themselves were well-prepared and suitable for an appetizer.

My friend ordered the trout as a main, and I ordered the quail. Both mains were excellently displayed, and marvelously prepared. The quail was light and flavorful, and the Vietnamese coleslaw as a side was huge and unique. This dish also came with rice, which really made me full. My friend's trout was grilled beautifully, and he said the dish was satisfying and large. There was no room for dessert, and one of the harsh waitresses hastily took our credit card and plates (and took the fish cake plate too early!).

The restaurant could be a bit brighter, but all in all, I would like to go back. The menu is too big not to want to return if pleased upon first visit.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McCarthy, Alaska
“Tasty food, big menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Most things I've had a Chez Thuy were quite good, with a couple I didn't care for. Big menu with lots of choices. Service has been a mixed bag, but nothing that would keep me from going back.

Visited February 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Our "Go-To" Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We're regulars at Chez Thuy and often bring visitors. The food is always excellent - very fresh with a wide variety from which to choose. The veges in any dish we've had are cooked to perfection consistently. We love the pan seared rice noodles with pork, chicken or shrimp and brown sauce. Great wonton soup, too. We've tried many of the entrees and haven't had a bad one yet. Evenings are busy and the service can be somewhat brusque so don't expect a romantic atmosphere, but if you want good Asian food, this is the place to go.

• Visited February 2013
Erie, Colorado
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been going to Chez Thuy for over a decade. We like this place so much that we even had our company Christmas Party here several years ago. I've never had a bad meal here and everyone we take loves the place. The Chef Special Plate is a favorite. A great assortment of excellent foods. The lamb chop is also fantastic. If you're a Pho lover, the beef Pho is great. I've tried Pho all over town and still think their's is the best.

• Visited January 2013