“Great Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 508 Restaurants in Boulder
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 9th
Transit: HOP stop 1 block away - 11th & Pearl and 9th & Walnut Boulder Station 5 blocks away
California
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you are in Bulder definitely try out Bacaro restaurant in Pearl street. It has a nice selection of small Italian dishes, very good quality and VERY Italian, you won't find them in other Italian restaurant. If you love real Italian food, that;s the place to go.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Colorado
“Caution using your credit card here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I won't again after being charged twice for my tab and someone else's!

I love the food and would go back but would definitely pay in cash.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakewood, Colorado
“Excellent rooftop cocktails in Boulder!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Bacaro is my go-to place for cocktails in Boulder. I love the rooftop ambiance and the fact that the roof is open all year- they cover it in the winter and the heaters make it so cozy that it's almost too warm!

I met a bunch of friends for my birthday here last week and the entire staff couldn't have been more accommodating! The drinks are creative and delicious and they have good happy hour specials.

• Visited October 2011
Overland Park, Kansas
“A wonderful Italian bistro---must be in Venice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I along with another couple dined at Bacaro on a lovely summer evening while in Boulder. We sat in their outside cafe and had a perfectly lovely dinner. Our server was wonderful, the menu was fun and full of various Italian dishes and appetizers and the white sangria was wonderful. The ambiance of a summer evening on Pearl Street is light, full of people-watching but romantic---all at the same time. This restuarant was a jewel to find. After dinner, we went upstairs to Bacaro's outdoor rooftop bar and finished our drinks, enjoying the view of the streetlife and beautiful evening. We will definitely be returning on our next visit to Boulder. The grilled pizza was delish! as well as the ricotto/asparagus homemade ravioli!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, CO
“Bacaro: One of my favorites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Inreading some of these reviews about the terrible service, I have to admit, I sit at the bar. I've only been at a table once, and it was fine. The bar is where I go and have never been disappointed. Since these 2010 reviews they have changed their menu to smaller plates, and portioins at very reasonable prices. It almost reminds me of the Italian version of a tapas bar. though I haven't tried everything on the menu, what I have sampled thus far has been excellent. The wines I have had by the galls have been very good, and the bartenders are excellent, particularly Darin.

Go, have fun, it's a fun casual place offering very good Italian food in a delightful atmosphere.

• Visited April 2011