“Dropped in, no reservations” 4 of 5 stars

(303) 442-7233
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 445 Restaurants in Boulder
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 18th & Pearl
Boulder
“Dropped in, no reservations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had planned to go to a different restaurant but it was hosting a special event. We dropped in at L'Atelier and we had a wonderful time. Food was great and the atmosphere allowed for quiet conversation. It was busy but set up for an intimate experience.

Visited October 2012

Los Angeles, California
“One of the few great continental Restaurants in Boulder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Love this place for dinner. It has my favorite china on its walls which makes me like it more. Not inexpensive but very good. It is good to have a reservation because it is a small restaurant

Visited May 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“One of the best kitchens in Boulder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants, but Boulder has so many good restaurants that it had been over a year since we visited L'Atelier.

We went back this past Friday and had an excellent meal. I had a Caesar salad and lobster risotto, my wife had soup du jour and ribeye. The food was creatively and prepared, cooked to perfection, and overall excellent. The risotto was not what I expected and usually get with lobster risotto namely, small chunks of lobster mixed in with risotto. This dish laid the claws and tail of the lobster over a bed of risotto. Absolutely delicious! For many years I had thought that L'Atelier equalled or exceeded its more publicized neighbor, Frasca, and this meal confirmed that yet again. The wine selection is broad and reasonably priced, averaging about double the cost of the same bottle in a retail liquor store.

The only complaint I had was the service, which is the reason I did not give the overall rating 4 stars. The waiter was nice enough but largely absent. We were seated for about 10-15 minutes before we were given menus and asked if we wanted anything to drink. I asked for a few minutes to review the wine list. After completing that task and selecting a wine, we waited another 10 minutes for the waiter to appear. The service for the rest of the meal continued in that vein. The waiter appeared once at the end of the meal to pour a splash of wine.

The food, however, is good enough to warrant another visit in the near future, hopefully in another waiter's station.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
AUSTIN
“Good to the last bite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I had dinner here with an old friend and it was a perfect evening. I started with the lobster ravioli and she had the beet salad. Then I had the duck and she had the lamb as our entrees and which capped it off with a bag of chocolate! The water suggested a malbec that married perfectly with both the duck and lamb!

“A Change of Pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

For good French food (from, judging form his accent, a Quebecois owner) and a change of pace from buffalo and elk, this is a good choice. The owner recommended a moderately priced and excellent wine with our meal (always a good sign). The decor is whimsical, the atmosphere relaxed, teh service good.

• Visited July 2012