“Great Gift for Active Foodie Couple” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Awe-Struck Outdoors offers biking, hiking, paddling and skiing trips to Boulder and Nederland area travelers and locals. We pair all of our outdoor trips with a culinary adventure and source most of our food from small, organic, family-owned farms. Try a fun Mountain Bike lesson or Stand Up Paddle Board session followed by a brew pub tour . Bike to Farm tours and farm dinners served with locally crafted wine! Add a yoga session at a refreshingly-remote retreat center to any of your trips. Unlike other guide services that take you to popular, over-crowded locations, we take you where the trails are less traveled.
Houston,Texas
31 attraction reviews
“Great Gift for Active Foodie Couple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Bought the bike to farm tour for NYC son's 30th birthday for $80 each. . They are skilled bikers and loved the bikes, meal, and the tour, which they customize for you. They also loved the meal, which was customized to his partners food allergies. As with any deal, just make sure to detail the minimum time, distance, menu, etc you are paying for ahead of time. They greatly exceeded expectations & even have hotel pick up/drop off! Thank you!

Tyler, Texas
5 attraction reviews
“Super Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went to visit some friends in Boulder and they arranged for us to do the Bike to Farm bike ride. Kelly and Kim were fantastic and encouraging. I had not been on a bike in 20 years and they went over the bike, adjusting everything for me and giving me tips. We biked 7 miles roundtrip that included a scenic bike path - we rode next to a river, passed a prairie dog community and even went on "the highway" for a little bit. It was really more like a farm road, but highway sounds so much more impressive! The pace was fine and we always stopped if someone needed to. The Farm was very nice, we had fired pizza with fresh vegetables from the farm. Kelly also brought some fresh veggies and hummus for us to snack on. We went on a very informative tour, learning about the farm, meeting the animals. There was also some wine to taste from a local winery. We all had a great time - I highly recommend spending a day with Awe-Struck Adventure!

Visited July 2012
Kelly G, Owner at Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks so much! That was an really fun Thursday.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Community atmosphere with Bike to Farm Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

What started out as eight strangers turned into laughter and the telling of stories around a communal table set amidst the mountains. This tour meets expectations on so many levels: our group consisted of both solo and group travelers, locals and tourists, and experienced vs. casual bike riders. The food was amazing - the farmer plucked the vegetables and before you know it, we had our toppings for our pizza!

Kelly went above and beyond in taking care of her guests - I highly recommend this tour!

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thanks so much for capturing the day in writing for us!
Winfield, IL
“An awesome morning in Boulder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Kelly met me up at Amante Cafe (where all the 'real' bikers hang out) and then biked downhill (LOVED IT!) toward Boulder Creek Path to see a Boulder farm. Kelly was super accomodating and open to whatever pace/stops etc. I wanted. She brought along a delicious vegetarian lunch and we ate at the farm after looking at all the vegetables growing and farm animals hanging out. We rode back to town where the Farmers Market was in full swing. I waited there while she rode up the hill on Broadway to get the car to take me back because I only started biking and wasn't quite used to the altitude. What a great way to see Boulder!! I'll definitely call them up again when I'm back in town- what a great tour!!

Visited June 2012
Kelly G, Owner at Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thanks so much, it was fun riding and talking with you on the trip!
Manhattan, New York, United States
“Fun, Beautiful & Fascinating Bike to Farm Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our Bike to Farm tour with Kelly of Awe-Struck Adventures offered not only a great bike ride with awesome scenic tour of Boulder Country itself, but also included super interesting first-hand experience of the organic farm movement of the area. One of the farmers was kind enough to give us a tour of her farm herself. The ride was perfect for both myself (a beginner rider) as well as my boyfriend (more experienced), the lunch was delicious, and Kelly was an exceptional and gracious host. Would enthusiastically recommend to anyone visiting Boulder.

Visited May 2012

Been to Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Awe-Struck Outdoors-Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.