“Terrific Tea For Two Tour on Tuesday” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 74 Activities in Boulder
Type: Factory Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover how tea is made on a tour that includes a video, a walk through the Celestial Herb Garden, a tour of the tea bag factory and a visit to the aromatic Mint Room.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Terrific Tea For Two Tour on Tuesday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed this informative tour and especially the young tour guide who allowed an interactive experience. The tea Samplings before the tour was such a treat; the clear glass carafes hold cold tea while the metal ones are hot. I suggest not filling your cup in order to try a few sips of everything then go back for a full cup of your favourite. Week-day tours allows you to see the factory in progress which is what a true factory tour is all about. We loved the "peppermint" storage room where you could actually feel your nasal passage open up. Entire tour lasts 40 minutes which includes the introductory video on a Celestial history.

Lincoln, Nebraska
34 attraction reviews
“Pun warning!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The tour guides are extremely "pun"ny, but fun. Tours start on the hour, and are well worth a visit. Arrive a bit early to taste test some teas. I found one that I bought in the gift store for less than I could at my local grocery store.

Denver, Colorado
14 attraction reviews
“A must-see while you're in Boulder!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We moved to Colorado a few years ago and didn't even know Celestial Seasonings had it's headquarters in Boulder for a long time. Now we take all of our out-of-town guests here. Everyone loves this place - families (but no toddler-aged kids are allowed on the actual tour I think due to the equipment), couples, travelers, locals... They have free frequent tours all morning and afternoon long (about an hr.) and a huge range of awesome products in the gift shop... not only tea stuff - snacks, bags, organic skin products, etc. We've visited on the weekends only but if you can go during a weekday then you can do the tour while the whole factory is running; on the weekends you walk through but none of the equipment is on and the workers aren't there (still an awesome tour though).

And you can sample all different types of their teas while you're there for free too!

Visited November 2013
Longmont, Colorado, United States
18 attraction reviews
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Celestial Seasoning Tea Factory is a great place to bring visitors because they always love it. You have the option to tour the factory which is a must. They have a fantastic gift shop and a large arrangement of teas to sample. I bought a box of the FastTrack Tea which has the highest caffeine of all of their teas. It has a strong taste but I don't mind because of the pick me up I get. I used to live across the road from the factory and would walk over in the morning to get my tea samples for free.

Visited January 2013
michigan
12 attraction reviews
“Busy season!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

With so many great informative reviews about the tour, I'll simply add that you should be mindful of the timing of your visit to avoid crowds. We arrived at 10:10am (just after opening) on a weekday in early December and the first available tour ticket was 11:00am. It wasn't packed by any means, but we were surprised to wait nearly an hour and to learn during the tour that the very very busiest time for visitors is the week between Christmas and New Year's--be prepared for a potentially long wait. Fun to taste any or all flavors in the pre-tour waiting area. Great story. Massive gift shop at the end--cool stuff, though a little pricey. Glad we went.