“Authentic Chinese!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Webster, New York
“Authentic Chinese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

If you ask for the traditional Chinese menu and know what you are ordering, you'll be in for a real treat if you visit this place. The owner, and the staff, are very friendly, and helpful.

We lived in northern China for twenty-five years and find most Chinese restaurants in the US far from representative of authentic Chinese food, but that is definitely not the case at this restaurant. Of course, you can order American favorite dishes that have been tuned to the American palette, and will not reflect authentic Chinese food, but if you ask, they are more than willing to give you dishes that are very close to what you'd get in China.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dacono, Colorado
“Tasty Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Gunbarrell is a pretty small town - I probably never would have been there if I didn't attend Boulder College of Massage Therapy.
While the food has always been tasty, the service is hit or miss. I usually go during my lunch break between classes, which is only an hour. Typically I am in & out with the lunch special: soup & two rolls of sushi. Today however, we waited over an hour after we were seated to even get our food - and one of our group didn't hers until about 20 minutes after the rest of us. She had her check before she had her food! I understand that things happen, but that's not right.
I'll be back, but I certainly hope I don't get the server I had today...

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Niwot, Colorado
“Great sushi in Gunbarrel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

At first my wife I were kind of turned off by some of the reviews. So glad we decided to check it out. Very nice atmosphere, service and great sushi. When you pull up to the outside you think, oh great it's in a strip mall. That is the only negative thing they have going for them. The outside eating area is nice if it wasn't 100 degrees outside. Tasteful decor inside made it a pleasant eating experience. We ordered the steamed dumplings as a app and they were so delishes with this tasty spicy dipping sauce. For the main course we had a few rolls and some sashimi. One of the rolls was the hip hop roll recommended by a fellow tripper. It was melt in your mouth amazing. Next was the spider roll and I don't think I've ever had that much soft shell crab in a roll. So good and crunchy. The salmon sashimi was ok but the yellowtail made it all worth while. We are so excited to have a sushi place so close to our Niwot home and cant wait to go back and try some of the other many great sounding items on there menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
boulder, co
“We like it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Have eaten there often. My friend who I've known since high school and is a vegetarian prefers it to many restaurants closer to him. My family and I have eaten in and had takeout as well. The food is consistently good. The sushi is excellent. Nice variety and good service. Not quite sure about the earlier reviewer, but have gone since it opened. Never a poor experience.

Boulder, Colorado
“Several bad food experiences here, won't be back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

There aren't a lot of restaurants out in Gunbarrel, so we've ordered food from Yurihana many times (as we live around the corner). Their food is inconsistent at best. The peanut sauce is too spicy - Phad Thai we ordered had almost no chicken on it, their coconut soup tastes like someone opened a can of coconut milk and added some mushrooms. We went to lunch there last week and that was the last straw for me. The Cashew Chicken was salty and tasted like a cheap frozen dinner. I brought this up to our waitress and told her that we had had several bad experiences and were on the verge of not coming back. She said she would tell the manager - but they just let us walk out - for good!

• Visited May 2012