“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 507 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ten reviews on google.
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We didn't expect to find such a great little restaurant hidden away in North Boulder. Loved everything about this place: delicious food, excellent service, upscale atmosphere. The Mushroom risotto with truffle oil and the butternut squash ravioli were amazing. Great appetizers as well along with $4 glasses of malbec during happy hour. We will be back on our next trip to Boulder!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family had all visited here a few times before and said they liked it - they had discovered it when my sister had to eat a gluten free diet for a while. When we visited we were put in the little back side room behind a curtain which was a bit of a shame because we didn't get the full atmosphere, so if you go try and sit in the main room.

My parents were really excited about the nice bread but we had to wait a while until the waitress brought it over and then the food was brought out while we were still eating it which was a bit of a shame. Having said this the food was really nice and the service was pleasant. Overall I would say this was a nice restaurant and worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Jekyll and Hyde Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I previously gave a mixed review for Bacco, which they deserved, yet I saw positives. So my wife and I recently returned to see how they do on another try.

There were positives, but the negative was egregious. With our dinner we were served bread, which was sliced and slightly warm. When I took a bite it was very chewy. I examined the bread slice and the center was raw. When the server came over I pointed this out and she poked the bread with her finger, and thought it ok. I told her it wasn't and to take it back to the kitchen.

She did that, then returned with the same bread (which she had poked) and told me the kitchen said it was because the bread was under the heat lamps. Excuse me, heat lamps don't turn cooked bread into raw dough.

So I pulled out some of the raw dough and rolled it into balls and strings. It was like playdoh. Can't do that with cooked bread. The waitress finally agreed and told me the bread wasn't cooked in-house, but provided by an outside bakery. I suggested they have a talk with their supplier.

I can accept that the bread was improperly cooked, but when sent back to the kitchen and they say its ok. That's a huge failure. If they can't tell raw dough, what else don't they know? And what server would bring back bread they had poked with their finger?

Also, for the second time, my wife had the papardelle and it was inconsistently cooked. Some was perfect, some was undercooked (more than al dente)

Good news. My pasta dish, linguine with clams was perfect. The pasta cooked the way it should be, nice plump clams, and a great broth.

I still have some hope for Bacco, but it will be a while before I consider another visit. It clearly is popular, especially for families with young children. And their Happy Hour is popular.

Make sure you check your bread.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eureka, California
“Terrific Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the opportunity to eat in this restaurant in early March. They had a huge party that took up most of the seating. They were serving dinner at the bar to walk-in customers. The service did not suffer and the food was excellent. The front of the house staff and the kitchen staff handled the operation in a very professional manner. I was ready to be disappointed but the I was not!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“A Change of Pace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was our first visit to this place and we were pleasantly surprised. The menu is a bit different from that found at most Italian restaurants and not one that we would do often, but the change of pace was refreshing. We tried items from the mozzarella bar and found them to be quite good. For our main course, we both had the Bacco salad, which was made with lettuce, walnuts, pears and gorgonzola cheese. We agreed that this was really excellent. Topping that off, with dinner we each had a glass of their super-Tuscan wine, a really excellent choice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere