“A study in excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Gillette, Wyoming
“A study in excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

My bride and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at this property. We chose it because of its central location, price and amenities.

We were promptly checked in and directed to parking ($8 a night) and went up to our room, a concierge king. The room was clean and appointed as most all Marriott rooms are appointed. The couch was a bit dilapidated, but serviceable.

The concierge lounge, while "closed" on weekends did have sodas, water, snacks and light breakfast available - once I figured out which door my key worked in.

The front desk staff were always friendly and knowledgeable about the area attractions and had directions and helpful hints available. I did try to use the "business center" once, but it was occupied. Basically a phone booth with a computer and printer in it. Most people travel with their computers and stuff and so don't really use these a lot. I didn't bring mine and needed to make another reservation. The front desk connected me to Marriott reservations and I made my next reservation that way. Simple enough, but I prefer online booking.

The hot tub and pool were well attended at this hotel. We did use both and had a bit of trouble getting the hot tub turned on (PPPPUUUUUSSSSHHHHH that button, son, PUSH I say!) but it was quite enjoyable once we got it going.

We had drinks and hors' devours in the bar one evening and while not cheap, the food was incredible! Granted they were only appetizers, but amazing none the less! We almost canceled our dinner plans and stayed there for dinner.

The exercise equipment was also well used and showed it. Both treadmills had to be "rebooted" to make them work every time a person went to use them.

Overall, a comfortable stay at a property that this chain can be proud of! Well done, people, well done.

As a side note, I will add that we chose this location due to convenience. There are a TON of neat eating options within a short walk/drive. (Boulder is a pretty pedestrian friendly city, but people still drive like crazy. ) So, become acquainted with the immediate area and you will be able to eat five or six times a day and not encounter the same place twice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Emmitsburg, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Great hotel! Comfortable beds and pillows. Perfect location, central to everything in Boulder. At check-in, we asked the front desk for a mountain view and they said, "sure!" (at no extra charge) We paid only $79. for a Saturday night thanks to priceline.com. You can pay to park in the underground garage or there is FREE parking around the back of the hotel. Don't miss breakfast at a great local restaurant right next to the hotel, "Le Peep" (awesome choc. chip pancakes). Will definitely stay here every time we visit Boulder!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I found the rooms here adequate, mine was spacious, not decorated so nice, the beds were comfortable. You had to pay for internet service in room , something I have never encountered in any other Boulder hotel or any hotel in several years. In booking the room was never told of this fee or fee for parking which is 8 dollars plus a day, internet 13 dollars per day. I asked for lowest price and my total, was never informed. To add insult to injury while I was there I got an email from Marriott that my room there should be 159 not 189 . When talking to the front desk they gave me grief about this and told me I had to move to get this rate, I wonder to where was facing parking. Simple questions could not be answered by the front desk. They really did not know anything about customer service. There is nothing fancy about this hotel. It is overpriced for the rooms. Location is good. Service poor. Too pricey for the look of the hotel and the lack of service was awful.

• Stayed February 2010
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed at the Boulder Marriott for 5 days for work related retreat. Rooms are large and well equipped with very comfortable beds. I slept like a baby in there. There is an indoor pool and whirlpool in the hotel free to use for the hotel guests. There is also a nice restaurant a bar. The customer service was excellent. Staff was attentive and helpful. Overall, I had a very pleasent stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
colorado springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

This hotel was perfect! I took my daughter for orientation, and after I dropped her off, I had free time. The workout facility, while small, was well maintained and had water in the fridge and clean towels. The location is close to everything, especially the 29th Street mall/market? with a Target. (A necessity for college parents...)
There is free parking behind the hotel, and underground parking for $8. Worth it during the snowstorm we had.
The staff was incredibly polite and cheerful. They offered us at bottles of water every time we went in or out.
My only drawback for this hotel, and most Marriott properties is no WI-FI in the room. You can connect with a cord for $12? but in the lobby Wi-Fi is free.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

It was a great deal to stay with Marriott.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Stayed for two weeks on business. All staff were very friendly and helpful; room service food is delicious; rooms spacious and clean; beds comfortable; work-out room ample. The pool is small, but I had no interest in swimming anyway. Internet is free in the lobby or $12/day in your room. $6/day to park in underground garage, or park for free in the back lot. Nice mall across the street, and healthy grocery store next door. Refrigerators are available within the rooms, if requested. It made being away from home for two weeks as easy and comfortable as possible.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to Boulder Marriott? Share your experiences!