“Boulders Best !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 74 Activities in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Not at all hokey but still super fun and also informative -- what could be better?!! Our excellent walking tours are #1 on TripAdvisor for a reason -- we explore Boulder's best places, by foot, and with knowledgeable and passionate guides! 1) Downtown's "Best of Boulder": An award-winning walking tour described as ".... a gem not to be missed!" Fun and fact-filled stroll through vibrant downtown Boulder bringing together history, architecture, people & planning. Join us as we wander the colorful and historic Pearl Street Mall and neighboring areas in a celebration of this incredible community! 2) Chautauqua ~ Living History: Emerging from a cultural movement of the late 19th century, the Chautauqua continues, through simplicity and a wide variety of cultural offerings, to exemplify its original ideals: lifelong learning, love of nature, music & the arts. This delightful tour is narrated with historic photographs that bring the landmark to life.Birds & Bees: Naturalist-Guided Hikes: Our guides are professional naturalists with years of experience guiding hikes in Boulder's Open Space and Mountain Parks. Explore the flora and fauna of the Rocky Mountain foothills -- small groups guaranteed to ensure personalized attention! 3) CU Boulder: A Learning Landmark: This fun and informative stroll through the award-winning CU-Boulder campus offers a thorough exploration of today's dynamic university, but rooted in background from yesteryear. The first building, opened in 1876, sat atop a donated, treeless bluff, its bell tower ringing the vision that spurred "Old Main" and, indeed, the town of Boulder itself. Since then, the campus has expanded in significance ~ architecturally, intellectually, and civically. Come wander, and wonder, with us!
Boulder, co.
“Boulders Best !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Lori really gives an amazing tour. I am from Boulder and have lived here for almost 6 years. I learned sooo much about our 21st century Ourtown. We had some friends in town from California and we all joined into Lori's wonderful walkabout through Downtown Boulder. I highly recommend this tour. Lori gives a fun, lively and informative walk that lasted about 2 hours. If you have friends and family in town - book this tour !
Thanks Lori !

Savannah, Georgia, United States
“July 2012 Tour - Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Thanks Lori for the fun, informative tour last week! We were treated to the tour while we were visiting our friends who are part-time Boulder residents. They toured with you previously and wanted us to have the same experience. They were right - your tour was filled with great information and all the guest enjoyed you so much! Thanks. For anyone reading - I highly recommend this tour!

Georgetown, Texas
67 attraction reviews
“Excellent information”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been traveling to Boulder for 13 years and just took the walking tour. The tour guide was excellent and the information given was informative and interesting. I would highly recommend this tour.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
“Chautauqua walking tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Lori was a fantastic guide on the walking tour of Chautauqua. She provided an in depth picture of Chautauqua past and present through pictures, historical facts and stories. Chautauqua is a relaxing place to visit - there's even a dining hall and performance center - and yet you are also at the doorstep of the Flatirons and its many trails. I highly recommend a tour with Lori!

Chicago, Illinois
“Boulder Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was exactly what I wanted on my first trip to Boulder, Lori gave us a great opportunity to hear about the history but mixed it in with the spirit of local ownership and foresightedness of the original and current inhabitants. While we stuck to the approximately 2 mile loop that was promised on the tour there were plenty of suggestions on other places to visit and I did that after the tour. What I really loved was that there were Boulder residents on the tour, it was manageable enough with only 6 of us. It was almost 100 degrees but we kept to the shade and time flew. Lori had a great balance of history, architecture, concern about the heat and engaging folks with each other that made her seem like a long time friend. I had originally signed up for an afternoon tour, Lori let me know I was only one signed up and asked if I wanted to come to the am one. I could easily do that so headed from Denver to Boulder hitting some constrcution that delayed me. Group was wonderful about taking first few minutes slow and waited the extra 8 - 10 minutes for me. There is parking available everywhere. The fee is norminal and coming from Chicago a real bargain. I moved the car a block after 3 hours and actually found street free parking . It was a magical day in Boulder and sparked enough interest for me to return .

Visited June 2012