“It beat my expectations.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 74 Activities in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: Not at all hokey but still super fun and also informative -- what could be better?!! Our excellent walking tours are #1 on TripAdvisor for a reason -- we explore Boulder's best places, by foot, and with knowledgeable and passionate guides! 1) Downtown's "Best of Boulder": An award-winning walking tour described as ".... a gem not to be missed!" Fun and fact-filled stroll through vibrant downtown Boulder bringing together history, architecture, people & planning. Join us as we wander the colorful and historic Pearl Street Mall and neighboring areas in a celebration of this incredible community! 2) Chautauqua ~ Living History: Emerging from a cultural movement of the late 19th century, the Chautauqua continues, through simplicity and a wide variety of cultural offerings, to exemplify its original ideals: lifelong learning, love of nature, music & the arts. This delightful tour is narrated with historic photographs that bring the landmark to life.Birds & Bees: Naturalist-Guided Hikes: Our guides are professional naturalists with years of experience guiding hikes in Boulder's Open Space and Mountain Parks. Explore the flora and fauna of the Rocky Mountain foothills -- small groups guaranteed to ensure personalized attention! 3) CU Boulder: A Learning Landmark: This fun and informative stroll through the award-winning CU-Boulder campus offers a thorough exploration of today's dynamic university, but rooted in background from yesteryear. The first building, opened in 1876, sat atop a donated, treeless bluff, its bell tower ringing the vision that spurred "Old Main" and, indeed, the town of Boulder itself. Since then, the campus has expanded in significance ~ architecturally, intellectually, and civically. Come wander, and wonder, with us!
US
“It beat my expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012 via mobile

Our guide was wonderful, a great day and something different to do.

Los Angeles
5 attraction reviews
“The HIghlight of the Trip for my Family!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

When my family heard "walking tour", there were moans and groans... until 2 hours later when they returned. The moans and groans had become exclamations of delight: "So interesting! Who knew!" "The very best way to see Boulder!" "Lori was so full of fun, and facts, and interesting information - a gem." "I can't believe that was 2 hours, felt like 2 minutes."

You absolutely, positively must do this tour. You will love it!! Lori is the perfect tour guide, with a warm and engaging, insightful and informative vibe. She cares about what she does and makes sure that everyone is participating in a way that works for them.

Fantastic!!

Visited November 2011
Boulder, Colorado
“Out of Towners and In-Towners will LOVE this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I am a Boulder resident who took an out-of-town friend on this tour. Ellie, our tour guide, made every minute an adventure. I learned so much about the town I live in and my Maine-based friend was dazzled. Boulder is a beautiful place, and there is so much that lies beneath the surface. This is the best way to experience it.

Visited October 2011
Denver, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
“Fall in love with Boulder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I took this walking tour on Saturday as part of a birthday weekend getaway. Although we are Colorado residents, we've only been to Boulder a few times. In the past, we mostly just walked around the Pearl Street Mall area. Lori, a sociology professor at the university, put together a highly informative and interesting walking tour of Boulder. Other reviewers have described it well. It was a highlight of our weekend and made me appreciate the community of Boulder and gave me a desire to return again in the near future. I enjoyed learning about the history of the town. Lori was engaging and shared some restaurant recommendations with us at the end of the tour. This tour is reasonably priced and would be great for residents and non residents alike. It would be a fine thing to do with out of town visitors--Give them a real taste of Boulder.

Visited September 2011
4 attraction reviews
“Lori is the best guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011 via mobile

Throughout the tour, Lori was personable and always willing to tell you cool facts about Boulder. It was a hot day and she managed to fi.d several shady spots, which was great for my Grandma. We also got some great exercise walking around as well. I would highly recommend this tour. Towards the end of the tour, she was describing all the other historical sights around Boulder too. I think it would be great if she offered either a longer tour option or another tour that would talk about the other places. Juat a suggestion.