“Cozy and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Foot of the Mountain Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boulder
Foot of the Mountain Motel
You added Foot of the Mountain Motel to your Saves list
200 W Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cozy and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The motel was very nice and at a great price. It's tucked away in a neighborhood, which made it quiet. The service could not have been better. The guy in the office (I want to say his name was Matt, but I can't remember) was as friendly and welcoming as we could've asked for. He was accommodating when we thought we weren't going to be in 'til long after the office hours (because the highways were closed due to snow). The simple breakfast (juice boxes and packaged danishes) in the morning was just enough to get us going and back on the road. The room was clean, the view of the snow covered mountain was beautiful and it's close enough to the downtown area that nothing is too far away. It was not a luxury resort by any means, but it did the trick for a quick stopover in Boulder.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were driving to New Mexico from Minnesota and wanted the drive to be great, too. We had driven from Omaha and were tired, but they were so welcoming here and the setting was so beautiful we wanted to stay longer! A nice walk over to Pearl Street for dinner was recommended by our host and he was spot on! We loved our cozy, cabin like room and it was just steps to coffee and rolls for breakfast the next morning. If you appreciate unique charm, you'll love The Foot of The Mountain!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Omaha, ne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We loved everything about this place! prices are very reasonable, we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and it was very spacious. We loved the location. The staff was very friendly and were very good at giving directions and giving lots of great advice. We would love to come back this summer and stay with our girls.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Salida, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a great little tucked away gem! Nice, cozy and gorgeous. Was there in winter but I'm sure it's even more awesome in warmer months when you can stroll down Boulder Creek to get to town and back. So convenient. Really nice and accommodating folks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The room was very nice, cozy. The views were gorgeous! The staff was very friendly. The only complaint I had was the nose coming from the room next door. They were polite enough to keep it down after ten pm, and they were never really loud or rambunctious, but the walls were just a little too thin for someone who really needed to sleep after twelve hours of driving, looking forward to another day of twelve hours of driving. It wasn't bad enough to complain about, and the fresh air and beauty made up for it, just something to be aware of.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bridgette L, Manager at Foot of the Mountain Motel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for appreciating our very special property. Although rooms are well sealed for heating comfort there is a noise challenge if your neighbors forget there are people next door as well. It is always good to remember that if a guest wants a quiet place to stay, which most of our guests do, that it is pertinent for guests sharing a common wall to understand this too.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked two nights here while visiting my grad student son. I picked it primarily for its older charm and location near the Boulder Canyon. The location was amazing, and the views outside my small room (back window) were incredible. There is a grassy area with picnic tables behind the motel, and views to the Flatirons. The fall leaves were changing, too, which added to the beauty. It is right behind the Eben C. Fine Park, which is currently closed due to flooding, but I was still able to walk around near the park.

The room itself was very simple and pine cabin-like. Bath was small but very clean. Overall, it was fine for me traveling alone (the room was only $80!), but I would get a larger room if I were with my husband.There is also a light breakfast with fruit, muffins, oatmeal, and coffee.

The manager, Bridgette, is very nice and friendly. The only thing I would suggest is a blow dryer in the room. Otherwise, I loved this place, and I would definitely return. It's a great bargain and so quaint! The location is unbeatable if you enjoy the outdoors and a simple place to stay in a hectic world...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
It's great to hear how our charming property works for each guest. We do have loaner items in the office such as: hairdryers, iron and boards, dishware, etc. Please just ask and we would be happy to see what we can do to assist.
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling through Colorado and chose this motel based on reviews. We weren't disappointed, but if you are expecting a fancy, well appointed room with all the bells and whistles, go elsewhere. However, if you looking for clean, charming, and comfortable, this is it. They are also pet friendly. The rooms are VERY rustic. The restrooms have been updated, but other than that, the furnishings, bedspreads and even the tv, are very retro and rustic. The room was very clean, though. The beds were comfortable, there was a small fridge and plenty of towels, etc. Please note, however, there was no shampoo, no blow dryer, no iron, and no coffee maker. This made no difference to me, as I usually travel with my own toiletries and blow dryer. Also, there are pastries and coffee served in the office for breakfast and hot tea available all day. There is free wifi and it had a good signal. The only really drawback is the bathroom lighting. The grounds are very charming and situated directly across the street from Boulder Creek and within waking distance to Pearl Street. There is also a very nice dog area behind the motel. The check in was a breeze and the desk person, I believe his name was Mark?, was very nice and helpful. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and good value.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Foot of the Mountain Motel? Share your experiences!