“Don't stay here” 2 of 5 stars

1.0 of 5 Motel   |   91 Four Mile Canyon Drive, Boulder, CO 80302   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
“Don't stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My sister and I stayed here when we went on a college roadtrip. We stayed there for 4 nights and it was terrible. The only good thing about it was the kitchen area. The bathroom was disgusting and not clean, I don't think anyone ever came during our stay to clean. I don't remember a pool or hot tub, but I never really went looking. The internet is terrible and so is cell phone coverage. Don't expect to be able to use your phone. There was one spot in the room that I received two bars and I had to hold my phone over the stove, other than that, nothing. My friend's family went to Boulder not to long after I went and they were thinking about staying there, I told them not to waste their money and go somewhere else. If I ever go back to Boulder, I am going to be finding a different place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

We stayed at the Boulder Mountain Lodge for two nights, a Wednesday and Thursday before heading up to the mountains for the weekend. I was scrambling to find a relatively inexpensive hotel in the area after realizing the hotel we usually stay in had been torn down. The hotel was in a great location, just a few minutes outside of Boulder. This is not a luxury hotel, but I also didn't expect it to be. We asked to stay in the newer section of the hotel (thanks Trip Advisor Traveler Suggestions!) which seemed slightly more updated then some of the older buildings. The room had everything we needed including a mini fridge and a table for two. The complimentary breakfast was great for us - two kinds of cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, juice, pound cake, bananas and apples, bagels and cream cheese.

My complaints were few and not deal breakers for me: The walls are thin, so yes I could hear my neighbors at night before bed. The shower head was off center, so I had to lean a little closer to the wall to get the stream of water (which was a stream and not a spray). And I personally found the bed a little uncomfortable, but my husband did not agree with me on this.

The price was great for the area and we enjoyed our stay. We will probably stay here again next time we are in town.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampton NH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I have no idea why this place gets good marks from anyone. When we arrived there were guys sitting on the backs of their pickups throwing beer cans over their shoulders and yelling to each across the parking lot. The room itself was beyond Spartan with awkward, tiny rooms, bathroom furniture that may have been meant to be charming but was just weird. Everything felt not just damp, but soaking wet and moldy. Within moments, the person with me started wheezing dangerously. To say that it is on Boulder Creek is technically accurate, but it's no place you would want to fish or play in. The dirt parking lot was the first tip-off. I was ready for something rustic, but this was just plain dumpy. Forget romantic! And at $149/night it was ludicrous! We got no argument about refunding our prepayment because of the health issue and ended up back in town at a hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel, but DON'T try The Silver Saddle down the road. It was just as bad in its o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rushville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

If it wasn't for trip advisor I never would have picked this hidden gem. My husband and I had 48 hrs in Boulder. We walked into town on a Friday afternoon around 2. Path is scenic and beautiful and the boom! You are downtown Boulder. The rooms are clean and quaint. You can cook if you want or use the grill that is available. There is a peaceful creek running thru the rustic property. The price was right and it was really nice to be just a stones throw from the downtown area. I love love this place!

Stayed September 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

While the rooms are sparse, this charming motel from a year gone by provides an excellent affordable place to stay in Boulder. The beds are a little dated and the queen bed is not what I would call a queen everything else about the hotel is charming. The rooms are kept spotless, the staff are super friendly and helpful (the dinner recommendation of the Mountain Sun was spot on!) And I have no hesitation recommending this hotel. Don't expect the Hilton but do expect to stay at lovely oasis in the mountains.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We traveled to Boulder Co. to visit son who is going to Univ. of Boulder. When checking for pricing for our accommodations Boulder Mt. Lodge had the best daily price. It is only 10 min away from downtown boulder, is set in the Mountains with Boulder creek running through the property. There is a swimming pool, spa hot tub, bikes to ride or several hiking trails for the outdoor enthusiast. They also provide picnic areas with BBQ's to use at no fee. Property is very beautiful and peaceful. We will use this facility on our future visits.

Room Tip: There are rooms available with your own private hot tub but needs to be requested. Spring and summe...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here with my husband, son, and two dogs in June. The property was beautiful with several places to sit outside and enjoy the peaceful stream or cookout on one of the grills. There is direct access to hiking by a trail at the back of the property or you can borrow a bike and ride into boulder along the bike trail. The kitchen was very basic and supplies were pretty sparse, but anything additional that we needed was supplied by the front desk on request. The rooms were immaculate and every hotel employee I encountered was very helpful. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Boulder Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!