“Big casino and busy” 3 of 5 stars

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
“Big casino and busy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I thought this casino would be different to all the rest - but it was not so I do not understand why it is so expensive to stay at!!

Visited September 2012

Omaha, Nebraska
“Our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for three days, two nights and enjoyed the gambling and services they had to offer. Be sure and visit their Buffet, their food is excellent.

Visited August 2012
Aurora, Colorado
“Great buffet??? I don't see it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

After all the wonderful things I've heard from friends and others about the Ameristar buffet, I was excited to drive up the hill, play the slots and earn my free buffet. I was quite dissapointed. Where is the seafood I asked and the sent me to the cold shrimp at the salad bar. The oriental selections were few and nasty. The lo mein clumped together and the s&s chicken looked like mystery meat. Over at the carving station there was a dried up chunk of beef that the guy had to slice vigously thru and the pork loin was overcooked. Almost all of the entre offerings looked unappealing and I was very hungry. I've had better buffets at Furrs or (gulp) Golden Corral. I isn't so bad that it sucked, but all the hype? Did I go on a bad day? Tues. eve.? Don't believe the hype!

Visited September 2012
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Black Hawk, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I’m so sorry you were not satisfied with your meal at our buffet. We would like to follow up with you about your experience as we are continuously trying to improve. Please feel free to email your contact information and details of your visit to AtYourServiceBH@ameristar.com. Thanks for sharing your feedback and we hope you give us another try.
Richland, Washington
83 attraction reviews
“Nice Theatre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Multi-screen, good seats, lots of showings. And, several restaurants to choose from if you want to eat before or after. Give it a shot.

Visited May 2012
Mead
“Had a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary and had a wonderful time! The room we were in at first was close to the elevator and much too loud it took about 2 minutes for us to go ask for another room. Other than that it was fantastic! the room was nice and clean, room service was fast. the casino and entertainment was excellent! The pool and spa area is soo nice.
We will be back this Sept. and this time i beleive we will be staying in the spa suite. I will let everyone know how that goes.

Visited October 2011
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Black Hawk, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I’m glad you had a great stay, Rhonda. Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!