“It Was A Lot Better than other reviews suggested.” 4 of 5 stars

Isle Casino Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   401 Main Street, Black Hawk, CO 80422   |
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Black Hawk
Kansas
“It Was A Lot Better than other reviews suggested.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great Break mid-week at the ISLE. Upgraded room at check-in by hotel. Jr. suite on street side was very nice. Comfortable bed, clean, large jacuzzi tub, fluffy towels, nice view of mountain side.
Only problem was a hint of smoking coming in the bathroom vent area. This is a non-smoking floor and room. This hotel is not the Ritz, but a comfortable nice place to stay (cheap during the week).

Room Tip: no pool or fitness ctr. at this hotel. Ask for upgrade to street side. You may get one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Salida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here due to the lack of availability with our primary choice. After looking at the reviews we were concerned. We enjoyed our stay. We had a King room at the Isle of Capri and the room was clean and comfortable. The heat was a bit difficult to control. The room was very warm. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We do not know all of the rooms but we can recommend the ones at the Isle of Capri we have no experi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Needed a handicapped room and this hotel had a nice large room and check in was friendly, but had no bellman to help with luggage. Buffet was just ok with hot food that was not so hot and lines were long to get food on this Saturday evening. On Sunday moring breakfast was over at 10a.m. so we missed breakfast at Isle. We than went up the road to the Riveria and had a nice Sunday brunch and lots of lower priced poker machines:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel needs a much needed update from rooms to front desk. I thought I was at Motel 6. Everything was out dated. Had a room on 8th floor and couldn't believe the green carpet in the hallways and parrot wallpaper. Really?? Have nothing good to say about this hotel. We will not go back and will only stay at Ameristar!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
College Station
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Maybe the hotel didn't train their front desk properly...or maybe the front desk just doesn't care about their job. After making a reservation and getting a confirmation for a petfriendly room for two adults, apparently they had a lot of confusion about what to do next. After speaking to multiple people about being in a pet friendly room, the pet charge fee, the pet deposit, pet designated area, etc. we ended up in a no pets room. We didn't know until we came back after dinner and were locked out. We went to the front desk and Siale, the holier than thou diva front desk supervisor, let us know how lucky we were to only be paying one pet fee since we went and ruined another room that they'd have to clean. Yes, Siale, how dare we inconvenience you as a paying and diehard gambling customer. The real inconvenience was being sent back to the same non pet room TWICE (because I was given a nonworking key the first-time) to pack up all of my things I had already unpacked and be inconveniently sent to another room. How about I call customer service because I've just wasted more than an hour of my evening dealing with the hotel's mistakes? What do you know, Siale is now the customer complaint manager. And he basically says tough luck, I don't care I'm incompetent and keeping you from family, friends, and more importantly making money for the hotel. Thanks.....tell me why I shouldn't go to the excellent Ameristar one block away? Or the Golden casino group? Or any of the other casinos that excel at hospitality to earn your business?

Save yourself the headache and drive one block farther. This place sucks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've been going up to Black Hawk for several years but usually stay at the Ameristar as they are always sending offers for free rooms. This weekend was Veterans Day weekend and they were sold out so we decided to try the Isle of Capri. We always liked its casino but never stayed there.

After this last weekend we never will again. The front desk staff just seemed sullen and I asked the lady I dealt with (Tess) for an updated room after reading some of the Trip Advisor reviews. I'm surprised her nose didn't grow but she said "all the rooms have been updated except the fifth floor". We got a room on the 8th floor and it was truly something out of the 90's with a big tube TV, a strange blonde oak colored bed and furniture with scrapes everywhere with one lamp that worked, one that didn't. I don't know if I've stayed in such a bad room-it reminded me of a Comfort Inn I stayed in 20 years in Salt Lake City and vowed never to return.

The rooms and bathroom were small. The door looked like something from government building and the only good thing I could say about it is the heat worked. We went down the elevator and got a glimpse of the 5th floor-it was completely stripped to the concrete floors and drywall but they put people on that floor (must be the Priceline floor)-it was hard to believe.

The buffet was full of synthetic tasteless food-the salmon was actually was put out frozen on the buffet serving line. We left early the next day and went to the Ameristar.

I was really surprised by this place (sadly) but the other reviews are right-and the travelers pictures don't lie-you don't want to stay here!

Room Tip: Call the Ameristar
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Isle Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!