“Beautiful bathroom” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Black Hawk
Cheyenne
“Beautiful bathroom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Ameristar provides comfort and friendly service. When we opened the door to our room, I couldn't believe how beautiful yet comfortable it looked. We had a lovely hillside view. The bathroom has so much room. The inviting glass-encased shower is separate from the bathtub. The room and bathroom are decorated with modern features. The bed was comfortable. I would love to experience the roof top pool the next time we stay. The only thing I had trouble with was that the bathroom was a little dimly lit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Thank you for the great review, Michelle! The stunning views and separate tub and shower certainly are popular features. I'm pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay and apologize for the dim bathroom lighting. I look forward to your next visit to enjoy the roof-top pool. Thank you for being our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Palm Bay, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

So I get to the registration desk and find out that even though I had booked several days ago, they do not have my reservation. After acting like they can not accommodate me a manager finally comes out and acts like she is doing me a HUGE favor by giving me a room at a special price. By this time I had pulled up the reservation part of their site on my phone and said " this price and room?" Yeah, they had plenty of rooms and standard price even fo same day bookings on their site. FAIL!
They promote themselves as a casino and spa as well. Go down to look at the spa which was nice and to book a spa appt. Lucky me I was told that the "mens side" of the spa was closed until the day that I was due to leave. What the hell does that mean? One of the dumbest things I have ever experienced.
Now to the room, while the room was nice and clean, the shower had no water pressure and luke warm water for the shower at best. The television was nice but half the channels did not have reception, I was told it was because of the satellite feed but hat was amazing is that those channels came in just fine down at the bar if you wanted to go down there and pay for drinks all night.
Went up here for just a little get away and some peace and quiet, ended up mad and stressed. I can't stress enough, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE! There are nicer places just a short distance away for gaming and what has to be better service.

And just to be fair. This is the first bad review I have ever given. I am usually one to find the good in any situation, this place just could not come through. Just to answer the other question that I am sure will come up. I did not lose money, I actually made a couple of bucks

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Rocklin, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Just returned on business and I ahve to say how impressed I was. Rooms feel new and are very clean. Resort staff was friendly and the support staff for our business meetings were excellent. Ate jsut one meal here and it was decent for hotel food. Lots of choice nearby as everything is walking distance.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views. Ask at the desk and they will take care of you
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for review! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were treated well. We hope to see you again soon!
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here for one night on our way back to Florida. I had never been here and was not disappointed. The room was spacious, clean, and had a great view of the town and mountains. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the casino is nice. The rooftop pool is great. We can't wait to go back and stay longer next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were treated well! We hope to see you again very soon!
Western Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love this place. The rooms are so spacious and comfortable. They are always clean and comfortable. I love the spa and the dining choices at this Resort as well. I've stayed in several places in Black Hawk and the Ameristar is the best, by a long shot.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Ameristar Black Hawk. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

On a recent trip to Colorado to attend a wedding and to do some genealogic research, my 24 year old granddaughter and I decided to stay over at a place I recalled being told had gambling. Seemed like a cool idea and a sort of off the wall, out of the ordinary thing to do. As we pulled off the highway and drove a short distance, we came over a rise that dropped us into a beautifully preserved and/or replicated historic area of late 1800 style buildings (Central City and Black Hawk); we love this period setting. In the distance, we could see the Ameristar Casino Resort Spa where we'd made a reservation online. It had a very commanding appearance and looked pretty out of place compared to the other structures. In short, we hoped we hadn't made a mistake in choosing this place. As it turned out, the mistake probably would have been made, had we chosen an alternative! The Ameristar was terrific from the moment we drove up to the valet, to the moment we pulled out of the garage three days later! The place was contemporary but/and inviting, the customer service excellent, the slots fun and comfortably loose, and there was a good assortment of eating venues within the hotel. We stayed in room 2312, which had plenty of moving-around space, and included a sitting area at one end, a large handsome bathroom with a separate tub deep enough for great soaking and class-enclosed shower (super spray head and water pressure). The two queen size beds were very comfy (though the pillows were new and a bit too full for my liking). I felt that the furnishings were well above average for the modest price we paid for the room, the linens plentiful and very good, and the place was very clean and quite quiet. Instead of staying the two nights we'd planned, we enjoyed ourselves so much that we tacked on a third! The folks at the front desk made this an easy no-hassle deal. We began each day with a super breakfast in the Fireside Kitchen restaurant on the second level, and were waited on by Joe - a delightful and efficient fellow who helped to set the tone of a great day ahead! (We also had a much needed late evening bite at the Waypost Deli on the first level - chicken quesadillas, a single order which is plenty for two people - ho-hum atmosphere but yummy food.) The gift shop was a hoot, with LOTS of cheap cheap and really attractive jewelry, scarves, t-shirts, etc. Never got around to using any of the spa offerings, but visited the roof top pool which was covered when we saw it (but apparently is open on warmer days). Several families with kids seemed to be having a big time there, however, there is a most attractive outdoor patio surrounding the pool area that was more conducive to the kind of reading/relaxation I was hoping for. Colorado has pretty steep taxes on its hotels but I thought the overall rate was really reasonable (average $113/nite before tax). A free trolley out front makes a loop around Black Hawk and we spent a couple afternoons investigating the many other gaming venues along the main street. There is also a bus that goes the one-mile or so journey up the hill to Central City and its really neat historic district. When we checked out and pulled away from the Ameristar, it felt way too soon, and we congratulated ourselves on making such a grand choice on time and money well spent!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review! We are so happy that you had such a wonderful time and hope you enjoyed the wedding as well ! We certainly hope to see you again in the near future!
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice room, nice accomidations, bit spendy in our oppinion but we had a lovely time. The people we met were plesent and helpful and we would come back again. We most likely would downgrade our rooms but all in all it was a good trip.

• Stayed June 2014
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
We appreciate your review and are very glad that you had a nice stay with us, enjoyed the room, and were treated well by the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa Black Hawk? Share your experiences!