Just checked out today after 4 night stay. Lots of opportunities for this resort to improve upon to make it worth the money. #1 problem was general lack of concern for guest experience. For this price I would expect someone to ask how is my stay going, etc. It always seemed to be an inconvenience for the employees if you asked for anything. Coffee pots were always empty. You would think if Hilton Garden Inn can keep coffee out all day so could a high end boutique resort in a cold climate. There aren't enough conveniently placed electricl outlets in room. Would be nice to be able to plug in phone on night stand and not clear across the room. The poolside firepit is only lit by request. There is no vending so if you get a craving after 11 then your out of luck. It is nice that they have granola bars and oranges but would be nice to have a variety and a way to get a soda if you want one. Coffee pots are in bathroom which quite frankly grosses me out. We asked for a wake up call and never got it.
To give credit, the location is great. Step out the back door and your on a lift. Beds and linens were extremely comfortable which is very important. Very clean hotel. Ski valet was nice. Free DVD rentals was nice.
Overall, when compared to other places at this price point I expected much more. The location and ski valet do not overcome the lack of service. Quite frankly, I get better service from chain hotels that I frequent for business. The personnel need a class on customer service and with the exception of Oliver and the valets, the rest of the employees need to get a personality.
Will not recommend this hotel and will choose other options next time.
- Also Known As:
- The Osprey At Beaver Creek, a Rock Hotel
- The Osprey At Beaver Creek, a Rock Hotel Beaver Creek
- Inn Beaver Creek
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Osprey at Beaver Creek is the ultimate in Beaver Creek lodging, creating a modern, luxury hotel experience unlike any other you’ll find among ski resorts in Colorado or anywhere else. The Osprey creates unforgettable vacation experiences by coupling luxurious, stylish accommodations and a superior level of comfort with exemplary service from a friendly, welcoming staff. The Osprey was recently awarded the #1 Top Resort in the Continental United States by the 2012 Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards readers survey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, HotelsClick, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.