“Staff went completely out their way to make sure our stay was top notch!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pines Lodge, A RockResort

Save Saved
You added The Pines Lodge, A RockResort to your Saves list
The Pines Lodge, A RockResort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   141 Scott Hill Road, Beaver Creek, CO 81620   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Beaver Creek
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
“Staff went completely out their way to make sure our stay was top notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I decided on a Pines Lodge Beaver Creek getaway for our anniversary. I couldn't be more impressed with the staff, room and facilities. At the front desk Caitlin greeted us and asked about our stay. I mentioned we were here on an anniversary trip and she sneakily upgraded our room. We went from a standard room to a near suite with gorgeous views of the mountain...THANKS Caitlin! The next surprise was a bottle of wine, chilled on ice, with a handwritten card signed by four members of the staff congratulating us on our anniversary...THANKS again to all!! Service and attention to detail like this goes way above and beyond anything I would have ever expected.

The room was spacious and clean. The hot tub was relaxing and pool was clean as could be too. Hopped on a treadmill in the spacious and immaculate fitness center and enjoyed a good workout.

I can't say enough great things about our stay and we will return for another fun get away. Simply AWESOME! Good for romantic, fun times but I could also bring the kids and enjoy all the Pines has to offer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Oh, what a wonderful experience. Not only did we arrive way early and they let us check in but, we had an amazing room with views over the mountain. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. I would have happily spent several days here just wandering down to the village, enjoying the pool and hot tub and staring out at the beautiful mountains. My kids said' "this is our favorite hotel- ever!". I think some of that is due to the amazing location and the sheer beauty of Beaver Creek. An amazing summer getaway!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pines L, Front Office Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear mtngyrl_10,

I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate your early arrival and provide you with a beautiful view of the village. Next time you’re visiting The Pines Lodge, be sure to extend your stay so you can relax by the pool, enjoy our hot tub and go on a hike on the mountain. Thanks for the great review and hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,
Brett Schreiber
Front Office Manager
Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel using the 'you don't see the price until you've paid' method, as there was a great deal on. I was hoping for the Beaver Creek Park Hyatt, like I got last year, and will admit I was a bit sad to see I got The Pines Lodge. It didn't sound nearly as sexy.
We arrived and were the last people to check in at midnight. Wow, such a different feel already to that of the Park Hyatt, where the lobby is busy with people at all times of day or night. Our room was not as posh as the PH, and we overlooked the car park :( but it was quiet and did the trick. They offer free Starbucks coffee between 7 and 10 am on your floor, and that was a nice treat. Also, I really liked the 10 min walk into the village, it made it feel like we have our own chalet or something. In the end, I think I prefer this hotel to PH because it's more relaxing and you can get away. And, if you get a room on the mountain side, it's gorgeous. I saw one as it was being cleaned and sighted wistfully.
My only negative would be the pool. It's tiny and we went there three times. Each time all chairs were taken. Otherwise, it's a nice place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Ask for room not on the car park side!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Pines for one night during August and we had a wonderful time. The sommelier was very knowledgeable and we had a great conversation about willamette valley wines. The hot tub was a great place to take a bottle of wine in the evening and relax.

Room Tip: Room 224 has a great view of the valley and is larger than most for the same price.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We got amazing views from our room of the mountainside. The Pines Lodge has a rustic and older feel with cabin-style decor. Although the carpet looks a bit dated, the resort itself is in great shape. The bathroom was large and appealing.

The only negative was the constant need for valet as there are no parking areas available. The hotel's restaurant is busy, but classy, so the noise is minimal. The staff was helpful, the room size was adequate and the beds were good.

For the value, I think this is one of the best deals in Beaver Creek during the summer season.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

A wonderful alpine hotel just above the hustle of BC village that seems miles away. Our room had breathtaking views of the valley and village. We awoke to morning sun and the sounds of hummingbirds and others singing their sweet morning melodies. An easy stroll into the heart of the village, this hotel has fabulous service, everyone is very attentive. Brett and AJ took great care our our needs. We were treated to wonderful jazz in the bar on the weekends by the very talented Tony Gulizia who had company this weekend on trumpet and sax. Although we didn't eat at the Grouse Mountain Grill this trip, I can tell you the food and service is outstanding. It's quiet and our room was spacious and made for a nice place to relax in-between hiking the area and biking Glenwood Canyon, just 30 minutes west. Internet was speedy and the bed is the most comfortable, which makes for a good night sleep. Highly recommend it for a relaxing long weekend or romantic getaway. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Even numbers have valley views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear fahlava,

Thank you for the feedback and the detailed review regarding the stay. I always enjoy hearing our guest mention team members who provided excellent service, so I will be sure to recognize Brett and AJ personally.

Hope to see you again soon and let us know if we can book a dinner for two at the Grouse Mountain Grill when Tony G is playing.

Regards

Bill MacFarlane
Rifle, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would not put a resort that caters to families with lots of small children as "romantic". We went for our wedding anniversary because this resort was highly rated. The service was impeccable, the food and drinks were wonderful, the room was clean and very nice. However, the moment we got to our floor we were assaulted by the sounds of screaming/crying kids on both ends of the hallway. We changed and went to the pool/hot tub area that was rendered completely unusable due to the numbers of unsupervised children with squirt guns. Dinner was not as perfect as we'd hoped, not because of the food but because of the table full of fidgety kids next to us. I would not recommend this place for adults who want a peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pines L, General Manager at The Pines Lodge, A RockResort, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear ppolson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at The Pines Lodge. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you didn’t have the relaxing environment you expected during your stay with us. We are extremely disappointed to hear of this situation and can confidently say that this experience is not at all the norm for our guests. To all of our guests, on behalf of the management team, we take comments like this very seriously and greatly appreciate your feedback.

While we are regrettably unable to change the events that occurred during your stay, I am hopeful that you will allow us the opportunity to renew your faith in us and revisit our property in the future. I would personally like to invite you to return as our guest for a complimentary night’s visit at The Pines Lodge. Please contact me directly so that I may personally oversee your reservation.

Sincerely

Bill MacFarlane
The Pines Lodge, A RockResort

Been to The Pines Lodge, A RockResort? Share your experiences!